• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Bloodwork, Flexible Savings Account, Reimbursement

geezerjude

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Fellow geezers,
Like most my levels were low but not low enough. I have been tested at 380 & 420 in the past. I have good insurance through my employer, Care First, Blue Cross Blue Shield. I found an alternative type MD that would prescribe Testosterone but, he only prescribes Compounded Testosterone cream. 100mg per ml. He would not prescribe an aromatase inhibitor. He wanted me to start a detoxing cocktail consisting of EXPENSIVE vitamins be sold from his office cash only. Hmmm.
Well I think that relationship is over. I was watching a video on YouTube with Ric Drasin and Jerry Brainum. They were discussing TRT and plugged a clinic located out of Miami. Got my attention. Called them up. After some brief conversation I placed an order for a month's supply of TRT injections. I got a prescription too.
I submitted my prescription for reimbursement from my FSA. Pretax money allocated for medical reimbursement.

Now my question to you all. Has anyone been able to get reimbursement for the bloodwork ordered through Private MD Labs? I was told by the Florida clinic that they would not order bloodwork for me through my insurance company. So the only way to get bloodwork is through Private MD Labs. Thanks.

FSA's and HSA's are relatively new and require employer participation and administration. As far as I am aware. Then each individual insurance company, limited by employer participation, has it's own rules concerning HRT. This option will not be available to all.

Fellow geezers,
Like most my levels were low but not low enough. I have been tested at 380 & 420 in the past. I have good insurance through my employer, Care First, Blue Cross Blue Shield. I found an alternative type MD that would prescribe Testosterone but, he only prescribes Compounded Testosterone cream. 100mg per ml. He would not prescribe an aromatase inhibitor. He wanted me to start a detoxing cocktail consisting of EXPENSIVE vitamins be sold from his office cash only. Hmmm.
Well I think that relationship is over. I was watching a video on YouTube with Ric Drasin and Jerry Brainum. They were discussing TRT and plugged a clinic located out of Miami. Got my attention. Called them up. After some brief conversation I placed an order for a month's supply of TRT injections. I got a prescription too.
I submitted my prescription for reimbursement from my FSA. Pretax money allocated for medical reimbursement.

Now my question to you all. Has anyone been able to get reimbursement for the bloodwork ordered through Private MD Labs? I was told by the Florida clinic that they would not order bloodwork for me through my insurance company. So the only way to get bloodwork is through Private MD Labs. Thanks.

I don't think so. I've asked them about it. You pay when you do it. Since dr's don't give the orders, insurance won't pay. I'm not 100% sure, but about 95% sure.

An hsa usually gives you a mastercard/debit card ..and can be used for anything medical related or vision or dental...even some otc stuff..now an fsa should be similar depending on how it's administered

An hsa usually gives you a mastercard/debit card ..and can be used for anything medical related or vision or dental...even some otc stuff..now an fsa should be similar depending on how it's administered
There you go....answered by someone who knows more than I do about it! I just know what I can do with the blue cross insurance I have.

Fsa and hsa is more governed by the irs because it's pretax dollars. .less by the account holder..this is my understanding of it anyway

FSA, at least the one I have, is administered with claim forms. 2,550 is deducted over the course of 26 pay periods. Get a receipt, fill out a claim form, get the money. I will look into filing a claim with Private MD Labs next month.

Fsa and hsa is more governed by the irs because it's pretax dollars. .less by the account holder..this is my understanding of it anyway

My coworkers, 2, opted for the Blue Cross Blue Shield HSA. They like that there is an account that grows tax free, earns interest, and money rolls over year to year. We have many options to choose from. An advantage of being a federal government employee. My wife prefers the conventional type of PPO plan. I do like the FSA. I hope I get reimbursement.

You do not have to reimburse right away with an HSA. Let the money grow. Keep your receipts. You can reimburse yourself many years later, meanwhile the money grows in a tax sheltered account.

IML Gear Cream!
Just checked my bank. FSA reimbursed me for the HRT that I ordered from the Doc that Ric Drasin plugged on his YouTube channel. Yes! Now the next test, excuse the pun, will be Private MD Labs.

This morning I had blood drawn through Private MD Labs. I placed the order on Wednesday. When I printed out the receipt it had a line item stating the following amount is eligible for HSA. I will know by next week if my Private MD Labs blood work will be reimbursed by my FSA. FSA and HSA are somewhat similar. The good news is even though I am not going through my Primary Health insurance I am getting to use the pre tax FSA fund.

Good news. I was reimbursed for using PrivateMD Labs. My FSA account approved it. Currently the IRS allows $2500 of my earnings to be used, pre tax, for unreimbursed medical expenses. I like how this works so far.

Back