• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Pain Inside my Shoulder

RussellTANK

TankCHOP
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've been working out for like 6 years now. On and off of cycles. It seems as though whenever I reach a certain size as far as body weight and am pushing fairly heavy weights, my left shoulder just starts to kill me. Mainly on chest day. Never hurts any other time, only while I'm lifting and maybe 20 minutes after I leave the gym. The pain is almost like inside my should between the two bones. Like it swells up or something.

Does anyone else have this? Any experience in something that can help, something I can use to help. I was possibly thinking of trying to get my hands on a cortisone shot or whatever they call it and testing my luck with that.

Look up ac joint pain and see if that describes it

And you don't get your hands on on a cortisone shot..a well trained dr administers it or it a. Causes more problems than its worth and b. You can hit nerves, arteries, veins ligaments or tendons. Cortisone shots are mucho deep in the joint.

Ease up and let it heal!!!!! You don't want this problem the rest of your life or surgery. Lighter weights will help. Stretch and heat! carry on with caution.

Lifting heavy might be taking its toll on the cartilage as well. If you're not on it, try some glucosamine/chondroitin & MSM. Takes the first bottle to get into your system & I like when I'm lifting

Get a good ortho and become friends cause we all need one. Get a MRI on it to see what is wrong with it. I just had one done and found out I have a labrum tear and a slew of other issues. Do not take nandrolone to just mask the issue.

This..dont cover it up...and yeah. .a good ortho or several is key

Lifting heavy might be taking its toll on the cartilage as well. If you're not on it, try some glucosamine/chondroitin & MSM. Takes the first bottle to get into your system & I like when I'm lifting

Does anyone second this? Been thinking about it along with 2mg of TB500 for the rest of my life.

Get a good ortho and become friends cause we all need one. Get a MRI on it to see what is wrong with it. I just had one done and found out I have a labrum tear and a slew of other issues. Do not take nandrolone to just mask the issue.

Agreed...get a MRI to rule out damage. I would bet my left nut that its a muscle issue in the rear rotator area. Such as the teres major, infraspinatus ect. I have had many issues with tightness in these muscles. It can cause referred pain to the joint and make you feel like you have a tear, joint damage ect. Can be small all the way to crippling.
Find an ART therapist and get those areas worked on. It might take a few weeks but I would bet the issue goes away.

Does anyone second this? Been thinking about it along with 2mg of TB500 for the rest of my life.
I'm currently cooking bones into nothing for glucosamine and chondroitin ala all natural style

It's easy to damage your shoulder bro. It could be impingement. Everyone is built different. Behind the neck presses is the main cause of of it. First bad foremost let it heal. Try and do pressing motions slightly forward not straight up and down. Its late and I'm tired. I hope that made sense. If you have any questions feel free to pm me. But my suggestion at this point is to get it looked at and go from there.

I second it with a caveat. Glucosamine, chondroiten and MSM while certainly beneficial to collagen production do very little in the absence of vitamin C, lysine and proline which are the key players in collagen synthesis. 15 years ago I had tendinitis so bad I had to stop lifting. Followed all the lame doctors advice, nsaids, ice blah blah blah. As soon as I started lifting it would come back. Now 15 years later I work just as hard and always in a lower rep range and have no issues. I accredit proper nutrient supplementation for it.

The R.I.C.E protocol for injuries (as well as cortisone) is suicide for an athlete, internet forums are full of folks who have followed this process for years and are worse off because of it.

For the op I would suggest proper supplements, cut back on the work so your not causing pain. Mobility exercises, rotator cuff specific training and fascia work. Use a lacross ball and a wall, lean into the ball and move it around slightly, find the pain trigger points and work them extra hard. fascia adhesions can really pull the joint out of proper alignment and cause weird pains. Make sure to hit front, side and rear delt, even going back into the lat a bit. every other day or every 3rd day often does wonders.

I'll def look into seeing a doctor. I'm looking for health insurance right now to help save on the doctors bills. And I'll start taking glue.... It's a pain that is familiar. I was working out heavy for a couple of years and it started so I stopped for about 4 months. Then I jumped on a cycle, Test and Deca. . .Was doping great and just recently I jumped off of the Deca and it started up again. I'm still currently running the test but I'm about to drop those levels down a bit. But I definitely noticed when I was on the deca that it completely went away and almost right when I stopped it it came back.

ac joint arthritis, bursitis, tendinitis, or you could have a tear of your rotator cuff, maybe a superior or anterior labrum tear...so many things are possible, the shoulder joint is complex. you need an MRI. if its only when you lift heavy my first impression is bursitis, if so cortisone injections will give relief and they will prob prescribe an NSAID. those are hard on your liver so think about that taking with any hepatoxic oral steroids. if you dont want to go that route, use ibuprofen and ice after your work-outs.

Im actually tossing the idea of getting an MRI on my shoulder done if the pain doesn't ease. Would hate to shell out a few grand to fond out I just tweaked something though.

if so cortisone injections will give relief and they will prob prescribe an NSAID. those are hard on your liver so think about that taking with any hepatoxic oral steroids. if you dont want to go that route, use ibuprofen and ice after your work-outs.

Not trying to be an ass, but these are all recommendations that will lead to long term joint destruction in an athlete.

Those recommendations are fine for a couch potato who hurt themselves working in the yard and likely wont tax themselves again anytime soon. But for the athlete who lives in the gym this is a recipe for disaster!

I have yet to encounter anyone recommending this line of treatment explain to me how this treatment actually "helps"? By what process does cortisone, ice and nsaids fix this injury?

I started tb500 about 10 weeks ago. It seemed to help with the elbows but when I backed off to a maintenance dose it flared up again. I'm gonna ramp back up to twice weekly. Been laid up for 8 weeks so the off time didn't help. Now my left shoulder is being a bitch. Anyway gear, weights you wouldn't normally be able to lift ,a life of manual labor and age is my problem. Fuck it I can rest when I die .

I started tb500 about 10 weeks ago. It seemed to help with the elbows but when I backed off to a maintenance dose it flared up again.

That was by and large my experience as well with TB500, deca and GH. As well as the often recommended R.I.C.E and nsaids methodology peddled by doctors.

I had great success with prolotherapy but even that didnt rid me 100% in the long term.

It wasnt until I addressed the basic underlying problem which is my body did not simply have adequate amounts of the nutrients that are essential to collagen production. Once that was addressed the pain faded away. I even stopped taking various things to try and see if that really was the reason for my progress and the tendinitis issues crept back in only to once again fade when nutrients were re added.

Last edited:
Get Shredded!
That was by and large my experience as well with TB500, deca and GH. As well as the often recommended R.I.C.E and nsaids methodology peddled by doctors.

I had great success with prolotherapy but even that didnt rid me 100% in the long term.

It wasnt until I addressed the basic underlying problem which is my body did not simply have adequate amounts of the nutrients that are essential to collagen production. Once that was addressed the pain faded away. I even stopped taking various things to try and see if that really was the reason for my progress and the tendinitis issues crept back in only to once again fade when nutrients were re added.[/QUOTE
Please elaborate on nutrients for collagen production. I'll try pretty much anything to combat this pain issue.

It wasnt until I addressed the basic underlying problem which is my body did not simply have adequate amounts of the nutrients that are essential to collagen production. Once that was addressed the pain faded away. I even stopped taking various things to try and see if that really was the reason for my progress and the tendinitis issues crept back in only to once again fade when nutrients were re added.

You know what is a huge cause of lack of collagen/tendon/connective tissue issues? Hypothyroidism. You and I have talked prolo for years. I have had over 20 prolo treatments. They kept me going. But you know what fixed the issue? Getting my hypo situation under control and getting regular manipulation of the rotator muscles via ART therapy. People dont believe (along with the OP) that rear rotator muscles knotted the fuck up can cause serious shoulder issues. I have ZERO issues now.
Everyone wants meds and shots ect. I havent had a prolo treatment since January 2014. If I would have known what I know now I never would have needed one in the first place.
If the pain keeps coming back then people obviously arent attacking the right source. Sure, people tear things and have impingement issues but most of the time its underconditioned infraspinatus/teres major ect causing the problems. No one wants to spend $50 on a ART treatment. Cause its a shoulder....and it must be a tear or bursitis or impingement.
I've had pain inside the joint, all around, things that feel like certain rotator tears ect. It was all bullshit. All refered pain from the shit I already mentioned.
GET A MRI......if there is no damage then do what I said.

To the OP and everyone else here.... find a muscle anatomy chart. Locate the infraspinatus and teres major/minor rotator muscles. Have a friend or whoever apply pressure with a thumb or finger tip to each muscle. Is it really painful? If it is then its your problem.
Most neglected area on a BB'r or PL'er.

TB500 is great. But its a bandaid in this case. Its an anti inflammatory. Why do you think it works so well and the problem comes back after stopping??

And yes, cortisone is complete bullshit. ICE, NSAIDS....those are for immediately post injury to control swelling. Other than that...they are totally detrimental.

Last edited:
Not trying to be an ass, but these are all recommendations that will lead to long term joint destruction in an athlete.

Those recommendations are fine for a couch potato who hurt themselves working in the yard and likely wont tax themselves again anytime soon. But for the athlete who lives in the gym this is a recipe for disaster!

I have yet to encounter anyone recommending this line of treatment explain to me how this treatment actually "helps"? By what process does cortisone, ice and nsaids fix this injury?

for bursitis there isnt much else you can do. bursitis is an inflammation of the bursa in the joint usually caused by repetitive movements. its like any other inflammatory disease you have to treat the symptoms until the inflammation subsides, rinse and repeat. many professional athletes suffer from busitis, thats why you see them with ice packs taped to their shoulders and elbows after competition so i dont know what your talkin about couch potatoes...i didnt know they got bursitis....maybe inflammation of the ass cheeks. its like getting a headache, you take aspirin and the headache is gone. how that is a recipe for disaster i dont know what your line of thinking is, or if you just dont understand the disease process. its not an "injury" like a torn acl where you have surgery to reattach it. there is a sad truth to what you said, "long term joint destruction" is part of being an athlete, if you dont want to take that risk, then dont be an athlete because it is inevitable. i dont know any retired athlete or one who has been at a high level for many years that doesnt suffer from some form of joint pain, it goes with the territory. there is no magic cure. think of your joints like a car tire, when its new its got lots of tread, but years of hard driving that tread wears down until eventually there is none left.

gdawg said:
Please elaborate on nutrients for collagen production. I'll try pretty much anything to combat this pain issue.

Since you are finally to the point where you are basically willing to try anything here is what I would ask you to do. Give me the same 10 weeks you gave TB500 and here is what I want you to do.

purchase the following supplements from where ever you'd like:

Ascorbic acid
lysine
proline
msm
chondroiten
glucosamine
potassium bicarbonate
Jacobs 99.98% DMSO (optional)

Ascobic acid is the most overlooked nutrient in collagen synthesis. Its also extremely critical to so many other other aspects in the body that to reall be more than just a "drop in the bucket" it has to be used in very high doses, no worry though it as toxic as water. The goal here is to try and take as much per days, in divided doses as you can without getting watery stools. This dose will vary from person to person but I would say start at 1000mg every 2-3 hours while awake. Generally speaking 1/4tsp = 1000mg, i just put the powder in a few ounces of water, swirl and slam. If you can do that and dont get water stools try going to 2000mg every 2-3 hours while awake. If you can take at least 10 grams a day that would be idea, the more the better. Just note that if you start taking so much that its not fully absorbed in the intestine and makes it to the colon it will draw water from the surrounding tissue and cause watery dhiarea. This is generally short lived and just lasts a half hour or so and if that occurs lower your dose a bit and/or add some time between doses.

The stuff runs about $15 per pound (450grams) or so, I personally like this stuff:

http://www.nutri.com/index.cfm/product/52/vitamin-c-powder-ascorbic-acid-22-oz.cfm

Next pick up some L-lysine tabs or caps. Try and take 5-6grams a day, split the dose up throughout the day

L-proline, 2-4 grams per day, split dose throughout day.

The above 3 elements are CRITICAL for the body to produce collagen but are hardly ever mentioned.

MSM 3grams a day in divided doses

Glucosamine 3 grams a day in divided doses

chondroiten 1800mg a day in divided doses.

Potassium bicarbonate: This is a little harder toc ome by, I get mine here:

http://pforlife.com/potassium-bicarbonate-food-grade-powder.html

They also have ascorbic acid at a reasonable price. Id take 1/2 tsp 3 times a day. This would be about 2300mg potassium a day, you could probably double it if you wanted. I often mix this in with the ascorbic acid, swirl and it will fizz a bunch when fizzing dies down swallow it. Potassium has a large impact on the body PH. most people are severely deficient in potassium affecting not only collagen synthesis but also the electrolyte balance in the body. The FDA calls for a paultry 4700mg, most people, especially athletes who generally dont eat a lot of fruits due to sugar often dont even get half that.

Last but not least Jacobs DMSO. https://jacoblab.com/OrderDMSO99.html

This stuff is pretty amazing, feel free to research the heck out of it. I find that to start dilute a small amount with 50% distilled water. Clean the area that is hurting with a very mild soap and rinse it thuroughly, then you can apply the diluted dmso with a cotton ball or what ever you like. Avoid using dyed cloth etc. DMSO will carry stuff right through your skin which you dont want. For me, depending on where applied I get a mild burning and itching so need to rinse the area off after a few minutes. This usually offers immediate, but generally not complete, help with pain. It also aids greatly in healing. Some recommend applying it like 4 times a day for a few days then cutting back to daily. I would experiment with it and see how it works for you. I know a lot of folks who even drink the stuff.

After 10 weeks post back here on the forum and share your story.

Please note that if your having impingement or myofascial issues in a shoulder, healing alone may not get ride of the pain. Work on mobility and freeing up the myofacial adhesion's will be needed to restore fluidity and mobility to the shoulder. If your just suffering from tendonitis in elbows and such the above supplement plan should offer a lot of releife and over time allow the body to catch up and keep up with the demands of a serious lifter.

You know what is a huge cause of lack of collagen/tendon/connective tissue issues? Hypothyroidism. You and I have talked prolo for years. I have had over 20 prolo treatments. They kept me going. But you know what fixed the issue? Getting my hypo situation under control and getting regular manipulation of the rotator muscles via ART therapy. People dont believe (along with the OP) that rear rotator muscles knotted the fuck up can cause serious shoulder issues. I have ZERO issues now.
Everyone wants meds and shots ect. I havent had a prolo treatment since January 2014. If I would have known what I know now I never would have needed one in the first place.
If the pain keeps coming back then people obviously arent attacking the right source. Sure, people tear things and have impingement issues but most of the time its underconditioned infraspinatus/teres major ect causing the problems. No one wants to spend $50 on a ART treatment. Cause its a shoulder....and it must be a tear or bursitis or impingement.
I've had pain inside the joint, all around, things that feel like certain rotator tears ect. It was all bullshit. All refered pain from the shit I already mentioned.
GET A MRI......if there is no damage then do what I said.

To the OP and everyone else here.... find a muscle anatomy chart. Locate the infraspinatus and teres major/minor rotator muscles. Have a friend or whoever apply pressure with a thumb or finger tip to each muscle. Is it really painful? If it is then its your problem.
Most neglected area on a BB'r or PL'er.

TB500 is great. But its a bandaid in this case. Its an anti inflammatory. Why do you think it works so well and the problem comes back after stopping??

And yes, cortisone is complete bullshit. ICE, NSAIDS....those are for immediately post injury to control swelling. Other than that...they are totally detrimental.

Your preaching to the choir BTC! :)

Thyroid directly affects overall metabolism and everything is related. Hell, just look at all the posts here from guys with low T, most of them also post labs showing poor thyroid function yet people still dont buy they are related! Im a big fan of a comprehensive supplement plan to address it and everything else but by and large folks in this community just dont buy it.

Pain on the other hand they all understand so if I can get them to listen to me and address that with the help of nutrients (and mobility work, art etc) then they usually come around for the rest of the big picture.

for bursitis there isnt much else you can do. bursitis is an inflammation of the bursa in the joint usually caused by repetitive movements. its like any other inflammatory disease you have to treat the symptoms until the inflammation subsides, rinse and repeat. many professional athletes suffer from busitis, thats why you see them with ice packs taped to their shoulders and elbows after competition so i dont know what your talkin about couch potatoes...i didnt know they got bursitis....maybe inflammation of the ass cheeks. its like getting a headache, you take aspirin and the headache is gone. how that is a recipe for disaster i dont know what your line of thinking is, or if you just dont understand the disease process. its not an "injury" like a torn acl where you have surgery to reattach it. there is a sad truth to what you said, "long term joint destruction" is part of being an athlete, if you dont want to take that risk, then dont be an athlete because it is inevitable. i dont know any retired athlete or one who has been at a high level for many years that doesnt suffer from some form of joint pain, it goes with the territory. there is no magic cure. think of your joints like a car tire, when its new its got lots of tread, but years of hard driving that tread wears down until eventually there is none left.

Once again, please explain to me how getting rid of the inflammation with ice and drugs FIXES the problem.

Countless studies show the critical role that inflammation plays in the healing process. You circumvent that you circumvent healing plain and simple. Getting rid of inflammation ONLY addresses the associated immediate pain it DOES NOT address the underlying damage.

Address the pain so the athlete can get right back in the gym when the underlying healing isnt complete and you cause more damage, more inflammation and rinse and repeat until irreversible damage is done.

If you want to SOLVE the problem you promote healing not hamper it.

I dont care what a LOT of doctors recommend or what a lot of professional athletes do that doesnt make it right. Also a professional athlete has a contractual obligation to perform so for them the goal is being able to perform, not longevity. I actual saw a video some time ago where one pro team showed how they deal with sports injuries and they basically said the same thing I am and they avoid nsaids, ice etc because it hampers healing.

Im also not referring specifically to the professional athlete but the weekend warriors like we have here. As for understanding the "disease process" as you call it, short the body of anything essential and guess what happens? A diseased state. You are assuming everyone is getting what the body needs to actually keep up with repairs but more often than not that isnt happening. Address the bodies requirements for the building blocks to repair and for most folks (assuming there are no adhesions or mobility issues) their bodies have no problem keeping up with the daily repairs.

I have the same pain under my right anterior pituitary. So many of my friends have had this pain recently. Just give it a month and it will heal especially on AAS. Just dont do any lifts that aggravate it. no benches or military presses. I agree completely with zyglamail. There is no reason to stop inflammation. Let the blood flow to the site of injury so it can heal. RICE is a load of shit except for the rest and compression part. And when I say compression is good I only mean it in terms of locking movement so you can't hurt yourself even more.

I have the same issue BTC said about massage inside and I tried it bammm pain went away for a day or two.. As far as the body needing what it needs to perform I say hell yeah. My mom had me eat as a vegetarian for the first thirteen years of my life. I Farley got sick and when kids would not eat there crust I would take it tasted like candy to me. My point is when the body is given the proper nutrients it is truly amazing organism. Western medicine and the old food pyramid are an example of blind leading the blind. Now they say more greens they would feed these kids hot dogs when I was eating ezikeal bread with water crest sandwiches. Those kids did not have a chance. Thank you BTC and zyglamail all great stuff should be sticky massage and nutrition. Hmmm so crazy.

I had this same issue a couple years back. I couldn't do heavy presses at all. From what I researched it seemed to be caused due to a shoulder imbalance. I just started working rear delts really hard and it balanced it out. I still get the pain every now and again but nothing as substantial as I did. Good luck and hopefully you can find what works for you!

Back