• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Left Forearm is killing me

Octupi

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Not sure what is going on but I've got this rogue pain in my left forearm. Its on the outside, palm down along the bone. I can rub the shit out of the muscle and it doens't hurt until I get right on the bone and then it's tender as hell. Hurst to do anything like hammer curls, pulldowns, reverse curls, chins/pullups.
I can do bench alright, flys bother it a bit. Shoulder presses weren't bad at all. Some tricep work bothers it. EZ bar curls aren't bad until I put the weight down. After arm day though it's hard to sleep as it throbs at night (I lift around 5pm).

Any ideas what it could be? I'll probably break down and go see an ortho if it doesn't get any better. I'm concerned as I broke both bones in my left arm as a kid (twice). I know the bones should be remodeled and strong but it's there in the back of my head.

Tendonitis... It's very common. I have it as well

Tendonitis... It's very common. I have it as well

I used to have it bad in both elbows, I nearly planted my face in a mall door once because as I began to push the door open shooting pain caused my arm to fail continuing the push. Kind of embarrassing :) Im happy to report that those days are far behind me.

I used to get that shit in both forearms all the time still do now and then...think of it like shin splints only in your forearms. Mine generally didn't hurt when I was grabbing weight but as soon as I would let go...shit felt like my forearms were broke. Little rest and ibuprofen and you will be fine.

Thanks guys, bugs the shit out of me. Wife tells me to take a couple weeks off...almost smacked her. ;)

It would probably help a little but....it will just come back. A pain killer or two of some sort maybe with some anti-inflammatory properties to it, you will be good to go. I very seriously doubt it is a real bad issue you would have to go to the doc for. I think it is pretty common...my old training partner freaked when it happened to him the first time...but that is what you get when you leave the colored db rack and graduate to the big boy stuff lol :)

Switch arms once in a while

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

Mine hurt to until i had an mri turned out 50% of the ligament was torn . the pain at night was the worst the burning in my forarm was enough to go get it looked at , and im glad i did . im now back in the gym taking it easy sucks cuz i lost a lot of size but with the right supplements im feeling great . member slow and steady after surgery that what the doc said lol . best of luck to you sir .btw if possible skip the xray like i did and go straight for the mri if you truly believe its more then what you think . listen to your body ..

Cheapthreads out.....

I'm gonna give it a little while. I'll ice it a ton and use a TINS unit on it and see if it improves. If not then off to the Dr.

Talked to a PT last night (my kids swim coach) and she doesn't think it's Tendonitis based on location and thinks it could be a calcium deposit issue due to my past history of breaks.

Mine hurt to until i had an mri turned out 50% of the ligament was torn . the pain at night was the worst the burning in my forarm was enough to go get it looked at , and im glad i did . im now back in the gym taking it easy sucks cuz i lost a lot of size but with the right supplements im feeling great . member slow and steady after surgery that what the doc said lol . best of luck to you sir .btw if possible skip the xray like i did and go straight for the mri if you truly believe its more then what you think . listen to your body ..

Cheapthreads out.....

Typically this is the kind of long term damage that occurs when one teats the pain long term with ice and nsaids to kill the pain and inflammation.

The pain is there for a reason. Could be as simple as muscle-fascia adhesions but could be that you are simply damaging the connective tissue faster than your body can repair it. These forums are full of people suffering from permanent damage because of the old R.I.C.E philosophy.

Gotta ask yourself...self, how does the body heal? Well, an injury sparks the healing cascade which involves inflammation, its essential for speedy healing, do away with it and you seriously hamper healing. Next, the body needs to remove damaged tissue and get nutrients essential for repair to the site of damage so ask yourself how is that done? Most recognize blood does a large part of this, and if blood flow is essential to healing then why on earth would you want to restrict blood flow by causing veins to constrict by applying ice?

Additionally debris is moved via the lymph system which is powered by muscle contraction so while taking it easy on the weights is a good idea, staying active actually helps.

Lastly the bodies needs the raw materials to facilitate the repair. Most think of MSM, chondroiten and glucosamine which are certainly good additions but the most critical elements that are missing in large enough quantities are Vitamin C, lysine and proline. All of which are essential to collagen synthesis. Plain old ascorbic acid is the cheapest, about $15 a pound and 6-10 grams a day in multiple doses throughout the day does wonders.

Back