• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Anyone play Guitar? Wanna give me an opinion?

RAINier

Super Mod McBain
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Sexy? Should I buy it?

72RITeleDeluxe043.jpg

http://bavasmusic.com.au/store/images/images_big/72telecasterdeluxe.jpg

There was also one in "Candy Red." Color was custom. Here's the closest thing I could find online, it looked very much like this
furrianmn+hhcar1.jpg

They're both Fender 72 Deluxe Telecasters. Take your strat love somewhere else.

The first one would be fitted with the tremolo arm too. Both have dual humbuckers.

Thoughts? Both well taken care of and and sound exactly the same. 100% the same guitar, just different colors. Walnut wood finish or Red?

I like the darker one. I play I'm just not the greatest. I can't sing and play at the same time it's one or the other

Tele's are a little too thin sounding for my taste.. but I've always liked the look. I like the darker one too. I bought a PRS singlecut years ago and still love it to this day.

the darker 1 is sweet.I've been playing for 16 years and I use a Gibson studio

Tele's are a little too thin sounding for my taste.. but I've always liked the look. I like the darker one too. I bought a PRS singlecut years ago and still love it to this day.
It's got humbuckers instead of single coils - it's somewhere between a Les Paul and Tele really in terms of sound - much thicker and rounder sound but with brightness.

the darker 1 is sweet.I've been playing for 16 years and I use a Gibson studio
I like the darker one. I play I'm just not the greatest. I can't sing and play at the same time it's one or the other
I've been leaning towards the walnut one too! Girlfriend thinks red looks sexier, but she's a woman and can't be trusted with these sorts of matters :D

what kind of price do they want for that guitar.
Walnut is $2000 and I could probably bring it down to $1900.

It belongs to a luthier and even has a story. Apparently he got it 20 years ago - a mysterious stranger left it for setup and never came back for it (and he never left his name, phone or information). He held onto this thing for 20 years, out of a sense of loyalty and just because it looks damn cool. He's trying to thin his own collection, but I wasn't interested in any of those - but I just noticed this thing in a dark corner and asked about it. It's extraordinarily well taken care of for its age (it's actually the original from the early 70s (1972 or 1973 I believe) and not the reissue), plays like a dream, and has had lots of love (upgraded pots and pickups from good parts he had, and he took care of it very well, being a luthier and this thing just hanging around).

The price is pretty good, they go for $2200-$2500 on ebay ( http://www.ebay.com/csc/Electric-/1...ter deluxe&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=300&_udhi=2,950 ).

Didn't ask about the red.

Need some advice here brothers!

Back