PDA

View Full Version : lifting belt

mkpaint
02-11-2015, 04:30 AM
Going to buy a new belt looking at 10 or 13mm belts. Have options of lever buckles, 1 or 2 prong buckle. I will use it primarily for squats. I normally work in the 405plus range old belt is junk from sports authority and my lower back tightens up. Please give opinions on belt. I am currently looking at buying from lifting large belt is around $50.

l69lou
02-11-2015, 04:45 AM
just recently there was another thread about the best belts and really had some good info in it . I love my belt but I am a BBer no PLing . I have a 10mm Inzer but with the traditional cut out front for bent over work . You may prefer the more traditional PLer belt but to me the 13 mm is too stiff . In the other thread some of the guys really liked the lever ones , I've never tried those .

gdawg
02-11-2015, 05:14 AM
I have had an inzer but they are more like 100.00 bur badass . Currently have a scheik belt . I like it but it is more of a light weight BB belt. I have been thinking of a Spud Inc. belt . He makes 2 different thickness belts . He is also a former PL gone business man plus the belt was cheaper . I bought a pulldown strap and ab straps from there and they are extremely well built.

Take It
02-11-2015, 07:07 AM
Using a Crain Xtreme Power Belt with Lever. Love it. I also have a light velcro harbinger belt for more mobility and light support.

DemGainz
02-16-2015, 05:33 PM
I have an Inzer Forever Lever 13mm and I love it. It's pricey, but that thing offers so much support, and it's so durable that it will probably outlive me haha. You can get custom colors too which is pretty sweet. I like the lever because when I'm dead after a heavy ass set, I can just unlock it and I'm comfortable. I use to have a double prong and it was a pain in the ass to get it off when I was tired.

Hope this helps.

McDouche
02-16-2015, 06:33 PM
I didn't like the Spud Inc deadlift belt. Its barely a belt. The only use I have for it is to beat my girlfriend with it during sex.

A lifter I'm friends with on Facebook recommended these. I don't remember who, but I must have respected them a little because I clicked on the link.
https://generalleathercraft.com/product-category/pioneer/leather-belts/power-lifting-belts/

I've heard good things about the Inzer forever belt. Don't be afraid to drop $100 on a belt. If you stay the same size, a good one will last forever.

I didn't like the EliteFTS belt. Normally I love EliteFTS stuff, but that belt was just too damn soft. Not as shitty as the Spud Belt, but wouldn't recommend.

Eatsleeprepeat
02-16-2015, 10:19 PM
Personal opinion, if you're sticking in the 400 range more consistently then build up your core stabilizers and keep the shit leather belt. If you got the change, inzer definitely has the market beat like Douce said. Although in the grand scheme of things, thats for powerlifting, personally I drop weight and go for higher reps and backtrack to build my core up so a belt is only needed when I get to 400, and at that point shit even velcro helps.

GBPACK26
02-17-2015, 03:45 AM
Inzer forever lever 13mm... Nuf said...

McDouche
02-17-2015, 04:59 AM
Personal opinion, if you're sticking in the 400 range more consistently then build up your core stabilizers and keep the shit leather belt. If you got the change, inzer definitely has the market beat like Douce said. Although in the grand scheme of things, thats for powerlifting, personally I drop weight and go for higher reps and backtrack to build my core up so a belt is only needed when I get to 400, and at that point shit even velcro helps.

Respectfully disagree. If you're handling heavy weight and want to handle heavier weight, a good belt is important. Research suggests in trained athletes your core activates a similar amount with or without the belt, it's just the belt re-enforces your core.

Not using a belt just limits the amount of weight you push so it can limit the development of the primary movers (quads, glutes, hamstring).

This doesn't mean you should ignore the core. It means you lift heavy ass weights while wearing a belt, and build your core at a separate time. This seems to be the optimal total body development strategy.

piff mcgriff
03-05-2015, 08:57 PM
A belt will make you stronger. You will be able to handle more weight and that will make you stronger in the long run.

Inzer makes a really good belt. Bob's Belts does as well. So does Best Belts. Personally, I wouldn't go for the lever. You can get the belt overall a little tighter, but if you wear it at different spots and/or like it different degrees of tight for different lifts, the lever belts plain sucks for this, as adjusting them is a pain. Plus, the levers have a tendency to break. Sometimes after 10 years. Sometimes after a month or two. Usually that's covered in the lifetime warranty, but who wants to wait for replacement parts when you just want to lift.

Single prong is tried and true.

rdaniel
03-06-2015, 06:05 AM
I've never been disappointed with Inzer. You get what you pay for. If you go for prongs get 1 rather than 2. It's just as stable and much easier to deal with.

BTC
03-06-2015, 07:48 PM
Inzer 10 or 13mm non taper front. Full 4" width. I would get a buckle though not lever imho. If you do stuff like bulk/cut ect it can be a pain in the ass constantly adjusting. I have talked to two people who have had the lever belts open up on them in the hole on a squat.....two people too many for me.
I have a 10mm double buckle and could never imagine going back to a "regular" belt.

Riles
03-06-2015, 08:19 PM
I've had an Inzer lever belt for a little over 20years , I've been happy with it from day one, not sure what happened but earlier this year, I pulled it out of my bag and the buckle was broken, called Inzer, sent in the broken buckle for failure analysis, they sent me a brand new buckle free of charge, total turn around time was only 10 days including weekend, initial investment seemed a little steep but worth every cent

theestone
03-06-2015, 08:19 PM
My lever hasn't opened on me yet. Dont really see how it can while braced. But I have heard this. They could make the lever a little more "positive locking" imo.

BTC
03-06-2015, 08:31 PM
Seems like you would have to not take a big enough breath pre squat for your core to push off of....or....you somehow exhale partially or fully in the hole for the belt to pop open. I wear my belt up high above the belly button. I could see more room for sliding or moving if you wear it loweron tue waist.

GBPACK26
03-07-2015, 06:09 AM
Yea inzer is great quality with everything I have bought, just make sure you avoid ordering around the holidays lol. I had to wait 6 weeks to get my belt, they say on the site that they keep the size/color I ordered in stock for quick shipping but they were so overbooked wth orders during the holidays that they pissed alot of people off. And I think they know they must have a good product because they have zero interest in making you happy when you call them pissed off lol.