• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

How to get your girl to lift with you?

nuttz51

I am a pothead
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
For some reason I can't get my girl to go to the gym with me. She insists on working out when I'm not around and tells me that it's because she's intimidated by me when it comes to the gym. I was like wtf everyone at the gym is intimidated by me who cares? She's not a fitness freak like I am so I kinda understand not wanting to sit through my 3 hour leg routines but for real?

Im not totally sure I actually want to lift with her because I enjoy just putting my headphones in and getting really into the workout, but it bothers me that I am "intimidating" to her. Is there a good way to approach this?

For some reason I can't get my girl to go to the gym with me. She insists on working out when I'm not around and tells me that it's because she's intimidated by me when it comes to the gym. I was like wtf everyone at the gym is intimidated by me who cares? She's not a fitness freak like I am so I kinda understand not wanting to sit through my 3 hour leg routines but for real?

Im not totally sure I actually want to lift with her because I enjoy just putting my headphones in and getting really into the workout, but it bothers me that I am "intimidating" to her. Is there a good way to approach this?
Lifting with yor girl would go like this
you do a set
remove 200 pounds of plates
she does a set and is annoyed by you
youbreload 200 pounds of plates
you are annoyed
you do a set

the workout gets called short and you fight on he way home

you do a set
you are annoyed
you do a set

Personal experience?

Brother, you will know her better than anyone. I would suggest not pressing the matter though. You might consider taking a different approach. What common ground do you have? Walks? Runs? Sports? Maybe some Hip Hop cardio? Inside joke on that one. If there is something that can start her on a course without being pushy, you might try it. Other than that good luck.

no he speaks the truf....
It makes sense.. I think a home gym would be better for this. I wouldnt feel bothered as much and could teach her and I could lift later, plus it would always end in a fuck session..

you do a set
you are annoyed
you do a set

I've seen that. I have also seen it where it worked out well. It really depends on the couple.

Personal experience?
Yes. As far as the intimidating part I get it. My ex wife was competitive. I am too, but not in everything I do. She was a runner and I HATED running with her because well I hate running. I wasn't intimidated per se, but it was completely unenjoyable to have someone trying to "push" me at something I hated. I agree try and find something else you have in common. Play racquetball or something, find something you'll enjoy together.

Dude don't do it! Couple weeks back my gf says that she wants to workout with me. I told her ok, I'll take you thru a sample workout but we'll go light on the weights of course. Day 1 back. Day 2 legs. Day 3 back. We get into a fight on the way home because I appearantly was checking out some other chick. That started a huge fight that ended with make up sex! lolz.

After the fight we agreed that its best if we work out seperately. I couldn't agree more.

[h=2]How to get your girl to lift with you?[/h]
You don't. :)

In all seriousness. If she is not into it, then it's best to not push the matter. She has to WANT to. If not, forget about it.

A couple times my girl and I have worked out together, set for set. Just for fun Just to do it. (I do like it to have a spot on BB bench which i never do) But at the end of the day, we just go our separate ways if she hits the gym same time as me. And we both enjoy our workout more. I'm so used to the gym being MY time, that it's just not the same.

IML Gear Cream!
[h=2]How to get your girl to lift with you?[/h]
You don't. :)

In all seriousness. If she is not into it, then it's best to not push the matter. She has to WANT to. If not, forget about it.

This

Has she said she's interested in lifting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nuttz, how long have you been with your girl for?
I don't understand her reason of "being intimidated" by you? Is she not completely comfortable with you? Is it a new relationship? Have you made her feel bad about her body or fitness level?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After my wife complained that we dont spend time together when i get off work i reminded her that I told her from the being that I love lifting and will continue to do it, its my church.. she then proceeded to ask me to help her lift and 3 years later she continues to lift and loves it

I started her with very easy exercises that didnt require alot of difficult movement and simple form based exercises. As she gain confidence I progressed her into more difficult form lifts. Start slow and easy and build her up

Last edited:
My wife and I actually met in the gym. We worked out together for the first 3 years until our daughter was born and now don't go to a gym with a childcare (and my daughter wont let me leave her side once I get home. She's daddy's girl. no complaints on that one). My wife asks all the time if we can start working out together again that is something that we both enjoyed and made a very strong relationship. We used to run the warrior dash together and do things like that.

We will soemday get back to that once we either go to a gym with a childcare or my daughter is old enough and I trust my step kids enough to watch her. We have discussed opening our own gym multiple times but she never wants to take that financial risk and I haven't been able to find a place that would be good enough or a business partner to help back it.

It did get old when I'd have to take off a bunch of weight and then put it back on for her but it was worth it cause of the time spent.

Haha

Haha. So much of his stuff is funny/good.

Sometimes great.

"When you get home you shift your hyper-critical gaze, and your borderline unhealthy obsesion with yourself. From you, to another human who never asked for it."

Sounds like it would be a pain to get your girlfriend to lift with you. Get in, tear shit up, and get out.

Bought my wife a bunch of new gym gear she couldnt wait to show it off

Get Shredded!
I agree w thestone, find common ground, ask her what she wants to do to exercise and then do that together on tip of your gym time, then just build up to doing more and more training together.
Thats what the wife and i did, started w bike rides and walks now we train as often as we can together, well go to the gym together anyway

Have you asked her what would make her feel less intimidated brother?

I'll never forget the first time I'm next to the jack on a treadmill and I didn't run at the time and he did all the time...

so I'm barely jogging and dying I might add and he breaks into a dead sprint next to me. I literally pulled the lanyard on the treadmill and just walked away..I didn't even clean off the machine
I didn't work out with him for like a yr after that either...and I stopped trying to run all together - I'm a sensitive little flower what can I say?

anyway...fast forward a few yrs..I stopped caring what anyone else did and just did my own thing. Found starting strength and found out I was decent at squats- I have an ass for days-

anyway..my point was this..when people are so completely unmatched in the gym they don't make good workout partners
you get the 200lbs (ish) scenario of removing and adding weights and it doesn't make anyone happy

if you go there to eye fuck..dont bring you sig other (and stay out of my gym, I hate that shit)
if you're all about screaming out your reps..prolly don't bring your sig other..its doubtful they have the same intensity and appreciate yours
if you';re going to micromanage your sig others workout..don't work out together..no one likes a fucking know it all dickface

I'll never forget the first time I'm next to the jack on a treadmill and I didn't run at the time and he did all the time...

so I'm barely jogging and dying I might add and he breaks into a dead sprint next to me. I literally pulled the lanyard on the treadmill and just walked away..I didn't even clean off the machine
I didn't work out with him for like a yr after that either...and I stopped trying to run all together - I'm a sensitive little flower what can I say?

anyway...fast forward a few yrs..I stopped caring what anyone else did and just did my own thing. Found starting strength and found out I was decent at squats- I have an ass for days-

anyway..my point was this..when people are so completely unmatched in the gym they don't make good workout partners
you get the 200lbs (ish) scenario of removing and adding weights and it doesn't make anyone happy

if you go there to eye fuck..dont bring you sig other (and stay out of my gym, I hate that shit)
if you're all about screaming out your reps..prolly don't bring your sig other..its doubtful they have the same intensity and appreciate yours
if you';re going to micromanage your sig others workout..don't work out together..no one likes a fucking know it all dickface
Great advice..

When you go to the gym with your girl, count her reps in German. Works every time.

When you go to the gym with your girl, count her reps in German. Works every time.
This..^^^ unless she german than abort mission and find a girl thats not german

Don't know what I was missing out on. Ex-Wife didn't lift, current girlfriend is a beast. Im in love. :daydream:

Don't know what I was missing out on. Ex-Wife didn't lift, current girlfriend is a beast. Im in love. :daydream:
Is she german? Pics

Tell her if she starts lifting she can diddle yoar pooper

Back