• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

New law regarding Testosterone therapy?

IronSanity

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Went to doc today for injection, turns out they no longer do therapeutic injections from multi-dose prescription vials. some new law in effect as of Jan 1. They can only inject from single dose vials in stock at the office, and it may or may not be covered by some insurance companies (not sure about mine yet). They refer to bringing your own (prescribed!) multi-dose vial as "brown bagging." Also, I was told they won't be allowed to write scripts for multi-dose vials because this law means that the patient would have to self-administer, which could lead to abuse. Is this Obamacare stuff or possibly just a state law? Anyone else heard of this?

There are a few forces at work here. Pharmaceutical companies, even the ones producing generic drugs, always push for individual dosing setups. It means more money for them, fewer headaches in general and easier quality control. I'm guessing this push also has it's roots in the fact that people are gun-shy about compounding pharmacies ever since the tainted corticosteroid episode. I would also put money on law enforcement backing this sort of thing. It takes away a lot of the "grey area" surrounding possession on testosterone for prescribed people. This limits the legitimacy of possessing vials of test, and makes it easier for LE to enforce the agenda of the anti-doping zealots that make our laws.

Just placed order for test c & hcg w/nurse practitioner of my TRT Doc. No problems, no issues.

"I'm guessing this push also has it's roots in the fact that people are gun-shy about compounding pharmacies ever since the tainted corticosteroid episode."

I'v gotten food posining from restaurants. Didn't kill me. Kills some. Still eat.

Remember the Ocean Spray cranberry poisonings? Still got cranberries.

Advertise on NYTimes.com
[h=1]Glaxo to Pay $750 Million for Sale of Bad Products[/h]Still got G/K/S drugs. And so on and so on.

"

I see my doc tomorrow. Where I live they only give you a one month supply. I've heard there is a back order on Test anyways. I've only been able to get one, 1 ml vial at a time which is supposed to last 2 weeks. It's been a pain in the butt. Not sure what to expect tomorrow now. Plus I have new insurance so we'll see how that goes.

I have seen this for quite awhile now.Have also seen the supply of 10 ml jugs hard to obtain. If this is the case all one needs to do is use a compounding pharmacy.We shall soon see-Thnaks-OD

I encountered this last month hence my post in the HRT forum. Seems I got their last 10ml vial in my town and the 1ml's are on indefinate backorder. I am friends with my pharmacist and he is also on HRT so he tells me some of what's up. The DEA is ALL over this ! OUR local DEA agent is a total bitch who according to him rolls her eyes at test replacement. How long do you think it will be until they outlaw patients injecting themselves at home ? At that point I'm off the grid as well !

Off the grid works for me. Three years ago i went through the hoops for TRT. i was getting older and realized I needed something. It was a pure hassle, and I had to travel out of state to find the right doc. And in the end the doseage was not useful. The propaganda surrounding testosterone therapy has been absurd over the last couple decades. There are no bodies, no proof that they do anything but improve the quality of life.

I encountered this last month hence my post in the HRT forum. Seems I got their last 10ml vial in my town and the 1ml's are on indefinate backorder. I am friends with my pharmacist and he is also on HRT so he tells me some of what's up. The DEA is ALL over this ! OUR local DEA agent is a total bitch who according to him rolls her eyes at test replacement. How long do you think it will be until they outlaw patients injecting themselves at home ? At that point I'm off the grid as well !

I realize DEA are federal. But if I may ask what state are you?

Last week i started my trt of test cyp they gave me two 1ml mini bottles of it. for self injection.

Last week i started my trt of test cyp they gave me two 1ml mini bottles of it. for self injection.

I get the same thing. It's been hard to fill the script lately. I found one pharmacy but they will only give me one, 1 ml vial at a time.

^^ So i do 1ml aweek for two weeks then go back for blood work to see where my test levels are then they make adjustments on it from there.

Go with a TRT Doc who uses a compounding P. EZ to say I know. They email me, I respond, pharma ships.

That's not the case at all where I live. Are you seeing an Endocrinologist or MD?
I am seeing an MD. They told me they performed about 200 injects a month and had a lot of upset patients so far already this month. what's weird is that my insurance company just granted a refill I requested for a 10ml vial at the end of DEC, no problems. Then I walk into the doc and they tell me they can't use it!

My doc's office told me point blank that continuing prescriptions for self-inject or would not be an option. They said it put liability on them if there was an improperly administered injection, plus it would leave too much room for abuse.

Here's the thing. If injecting 200-250 mgs a week is abuse, i am guilty. However, MD's think if they get you into the 500-600 range, it is successful therapy. What are they basing this on? What if my T level in my 20's was 900? I don't know what they were. But I do know that 600 doesn't feel much different than 220 (where i was before i ever started). when i do a weekly 1cc inject (or 2 half cc), I feel drastically better. My own blood tests have shown this puts me at the highest end of "normal" and the last one showed in the 1300's. I feel "normal" here. Libido and mood is elevated is stable, no aggression, energy for working out, etc. So I take charge of my OWN health, monitor with blood tests, yet some would say i was abusing a controlled substance they equate to heroin, vicodin, or cocaine. Stupid.

My doc's office told me point blank that continuing prescriptions for self-inject or would not be an option. They said it put liability on them if there was an improperly administered injection, plus it would leave too much room for abuse.

Here's the thing. If injecting 200-250 mgs a week is abuse, i am guilty. However, MD's think if they get you into the 500-600 range, it is successful therapy. What are they basing this on? What if my T level in my 20's was 900? I don't know what they were. But I do know that 600 doesn't feel much different than 220 (where i was before i ever started). when i do a weekly 1cc inject (or 2 half cc), I feel drastically better. My own blood tests have shown this puts me at the highest end of "normal" and the last one showed in the 1300's. I feel "normal" here. Libido and mood is elevated is stable, no aggression, energy for working out, etc. So I take charge of my OWN health, monitor with blood tests, yet some would say i was abusing a controlled substance they equate to heroin, vicodin, or cocaine. Stupid.

What state do you live in if you don't mind me asking? That doesn't make sense since a diabetic can self inject and they do it daily and it's the same liability from an infection standpoint.

Get Shredded!
What state do you live in if you don't mind me asking? That doesn't make sense since a diabetic can self inject and they do it daily and it's the same liability from an infection standpoint.

AD, not sure if revealing that compromises any rules on this site or the limited privacy the internet provides, but I think I'd rather not say. I agree with your line of reasoning with regards to insulin. I think the liability thing is BS.

AD, not sure if revealing that compromises any rules on this site or the limited privacy the internet provides, but I think I'd rather not say. I agree with your line of reasoning with regards to insulin. I think the liability thing is BS.

No worries bro. I was supposed to see my dr yesterday but my insurance changed so I'm waiting on my new insurance card before I can go see my dr. I have an appt next week. I hope he doesn't tell me the same thing yours did b/c I inject at home.

Insulin is FAR more dangerous than test. It's all to support the Pharma companies and the new topical TRT "drugs" I guarantee. Follow the money, no one makes much doing 10ml vials people self inject; it doesn't line enough pockets.

Insulin is FAR more dangerous than test. It's all to support the Pharma companies and the new topical TRT "drugs" I guarantee. Follow the money, no one makes much doing 10ml vials people self inject; it doesn't line enough pockets.

His doc said they are discontinuing home injections b/c of the liability of possibly getting an infection. I wasn't questioning the safety of test vs insulin. Just provided an example of other patients that are allowed to self inject which is the same liability for anyone doing injections. I understand what you are saying though. It costs $330 a month for androgel vs $30 for injection. I think it also has to do with the regulators that are making it harder for anyone to obtain any kind of controlled substances.

So I was trying to get my doc's office and insurance company together today, I find out from my docs office that this whole thing was a misunderstanding regarding testosterone and regular insurance. The new law is a medicare/medicaid law and applies to certain medications that are "brown bagged" (brought in by the patient) and billed to medicare. It never had anything to do with testosterone, although they stated there are some ins companies that do insist on 1 ml dosages supplied by the medical practice. This whole thing was one big fukked up miscommunication by them. Just goes to show you that with so much regulation, no one is surprised by any inane new law that might be put in place regarding potential PED's.

Laws that govern TRT are regulated for the most part by the state, so each state will have their own set of laws regarding the use and RX of test e, c, and hgh. What makes this a little tricky in regarding in RX for individuals, the federal gov states this RX can be used only in certain circumstances. It is kind of like the med use of cannabis, each state has thier own set of laws, however the federal gov over seeing the states will in certain circumstances, trump the state law.

I do mail order for my script. They have been sending the 1ml vials for over a year now. I get 13 ml every 6 months.

How does it work for getting a script to self inject or having to go to the dr's office to get your injection?

Back