• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Multy dose jugs, are they safe..

Scartissue

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
http://www.cdc.gov/injectionsafety/providers/provider_faqs_multivials.html

Subject: Are JUGS really safe or sterile for us to be using? Real cause for infection?

A lot of you guys who know me, will know that I haven't been on the boards in a while. The reason is, I've been out of the training scene after having a severe bacterial/fungal infection from using gear that was provided in a larger vial that we've come to refer to as 'jugs'. I don't care if this angers any sources, because the forum should be about user's and user safety before anyone's profits or product lines. The product and jug I was using was NOT from a source on this forum, but from a very reputable local brewer and he's been in the business for nearly a decade with a substantial set-up. However, the BEST brewing techniques and sterile procedures will not keep the customer from getting an infection if they're using a bottle for several months.

Science doesn't lie. As the Center for Disease Control and USP studies have shown, bacterial/fungal growth becomes detrimental and begins to pose a real risk of infection once a multi-dose vial is used outside of a 28 day range. Once we puncture the sterile environment of a vial, we've introduced bacteria to the environment. Regardless of gloves, alcohol swapping and any other procedure, it is no longer sterile once it's open as we all know.

However, many of us, myself included, never stop to think just how long we've ACTUALLY been using a punctured vial.
How safe is it for us to be using bottles that have been open SUBSTANTIALLY longer than the recommended safe guidelines?

For instance, let's use a Test Enanthate 250mg as a base line and assume it's being used at 2cc a week for 500mg/weekly dose.
10ml Vial - 5 weeks (35 days) - 7 days outside of bacteria growth guidelines
20ml Vial - 10 weeks (70 days) - 42 days outside of bacteria growth guidelines
30ml Vial - 15 weeks (105 days) - 77 days outside of bacteria growth guidelines.

60ml Vial - 30 weeks (210 days) - 182 DAYS BEYOND SAFE GUIDELINES.

We're injecting substances into our body that we're taking a leap of faith in trusting the brewers with as it is. Now on top of that, we're using punctured vials for weeks and even month(s) after the proven incubation period in which the amount of present bacteria now poses a real risk for infection?
I'm not trying to knock guy's business, but it's clear-cut that using a vial for WEEKS after it's been opened is just stupid. A 60ml of Test 250mg at a gram a week is still 105 days of exposure while the CDC and hospital facilities will not use a vial beyond 28 days. I lost a lot of muscle and tissue from a pretty necrotic infection from using a 60ml jug around the 12 week mark. Fresh syringes, fresh swap on each top, jug stored in pressured case, etc.

Think before you buy. If you're going to use a jug inside a SAFE time frame, then hell yeah take the deal, every dollar counts. If you're going to be hitting the jug 3,4,5...10 weeks after opening it? You're going to be in the same boat that I was.

There is a reason Pharma only uses 10ml vials for testosterone.

If you were drawing 5 times as much volume then the larger vials make sense. But some shops here use it as a way to get guys interested in their product without consideration of the downside.

I worked in a Dr.'s office that had 250mL jugs. That was about 10 years ago. Now everything is single use. All the test C vials come in 1mL size. If you need to inject more than 250mg it requires two. This also helps for billing as all the vials are serialized and the numbers are recorded in the patients chart.

The first thing I learned about purchasing/using gear 18 years ago was
1. Never buy a bottle that the cap is popped
2. Never use a vial for more than a month ..
3. Never pin with same needle you pushed through the rubber stopper..
I have followed these "rules" and have avoided infections..

Shit man that's scary. Scartissue was wondering where you went bro. Sorry to hear about the medical issue.

I have about a half dozen opened vials from cycles past. Was gonna use them up, but now I'm throwing them away. Thanks for the heads up.

Great info, thanks for posting... Just a thought, and throwing it out there.. If the septum is not punctured like Swiss cheese, pressure cooking the vial for roughly 30min @ 15psi is a homebrew way of sterilizing

Great info. Being new to all this, it is something I hadn't given much thought yet. So what about 10ml vials being used for low dose cruise or TRT? If you were doing lets say 1cc a week, just toss the vial and 6cc after 4 weeks?

Interesting when I was being prescribed TRT, a 10ml/200mg vial of Watson was prescribed for 12 weeks. 1 200mg injection every 2 weeks, so technically that vial should last 5 months!

IML Gear Cream!
That is good information for sure but do you feel that what happened to you is the rule or the exception?

I wonder what the real odds are or the actual increase of risk of getting an infection after 28 days.

I've always wondered why in US you have pharma test in 10ml vials...here pharma stuff is only in 1ml ampoules

I agree with some of this, great post..

But,using a clean sterile protocol,alcohol wipes,changing drawing pins, wiping the top of the stopper ext will be fine with little to no issues...Physicians around the world use 50-100-250 jugs all the time..Keep them in room temp, out of light and clean.. No fuss no muss...Now if this is water base, I would be concerned!

Interesting when I was being prescribed TRT, a 10ml/200mg vial of Watson was prescribed for 12 weeks. 1 200mg injection every 2 weeks, so technically that vial should last 5 months!
Your in the same page as me.. I think the OP means well though.. Safe,sanitary protocol speaks volumes!

But with jugs the stopper is swiss cheese long before finishing the vial.

With stopper debris floating around it does not seem sanitary.

I feel like the 28 day thing is like the expiration date on things. Many products can be used well past labeled expiration date, yet companies put them on there. Used TRT doses out of 10ml jugs for years with no problems...

This being said, would preloading pins not be the ideal solution? Remove the stopper and load your shit up in one go, then cap the pins and put them in a safe place. This would resolve the problem of the stopper floating around in your shit.

Guys,

Im just about to start my next blast using a blend and still have 9ml left of an open Test Vial! What do i do with it?

Will it not keep for 14 weeks as i had to use it for one shot?

Thanks guys

Get Shredded!
I talked to my trt doc about this with the 10ml vial taking longer than a month. There is an exception somewhere in the cdc guidelines I can't remember where, but it does exist.

That is exactly what it is it's an exploration type guideline.. Depending on the type of the stopper, if it's silicone they are almost impervious to multiple penetrations

He...Hehe! You said multiple penetration.:eek:wned:

I do believe this was just a post to let people know that there are risks involved with keeping open vials for long lengths of time .. Like everything in this country , the govement finds a way to control and / or profit from imposing guidelines and expiration dates on all types of products .. Most of which are far more strict and shorter than most any other country. While I think in most cases it is in the best interest of the people it is set to protect , I do feel that it also has to do with keeping certain pockets lined by ensuring the constant wealth of the big pharma companies by causing an even greater demand for medications than what is needed . setting a guideline stating 28 days after opened it must be disposed , this allows for a constant turn around in hospitals and medical offices of all sorts of medications .. Sorry for the rant ..

I never liked jugs for many reasons for one i always felt i had to finish it once opened..

I never liked jugs for many reasons for one i always felt i had to finish it once opened..
I agree.. Ive used them with home brew,and/or Fort Dodge or other Vet compounds..I dont favor them,but I too use them right up..Hate them rolling around in my stash

interesting thread. how many of you guys pressurize your vials before drawing? I'm in the business of microbial testing, I can tell you there is always microbes in the air indoors, when you pressurize your vials you're pushing contaminated air.

interesting thread. how many of you guys pressurize your vials before drawing? I'm in the business of microbial testing, I can tell you there is always microbes in the air indoors, when you pressurize your vials you're pushing contaminated air.

I use an 18g drawing needle, so no need for that here..If I'm out, I will add 2mls of air..

John they are cheap enough to use a new one each time (pennies).. once you brake that seal on the strip it comes in, its no longer in a sterile environment..However, I will not sit here and advocate that I have not reused a drawing pin before, I have many times..2-3 times max with the same pin..But, they are so cheap that its not worth the risk for cross contamination! Stock up on pins,needles, they are so damn cheap!

Back