• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Powerlifters: what are your go-to drugs?

Posmx

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm looking into doing some powerlifting comps in the near future. I was considering doing a show but have a lot more interest in powerlifting, and have recently found out about all the different comps relatively close to my area coming up. Now my interest has really peaked.
I'm just curious what your guy's favorite compounds are for strength training. I don't want any crazy cycles though, especially being new to the powerlifting game.
I'd either compete at 220, or 198 depending. Currently about 213lbs day weight. Right now all I have on hand is test, tren a, tren e. I'm looking into maybe getting some TNE and Halotestin for heavy days/ pre comp when the day comes.
First goal would just be a 1600 total. I've never trained specifically for strength, just personal interest. Right now my lifts are about 400 bench (315x10), I'm guessing close to 500 squat (405x8-10) never have gone heavier. And dead is 530lbs roughly with straps.
I was approached at my gym yesterday by a competitor, and was invited to go to a gym with him that he regularly attends that is strictly for powerlifting only. I plan on going there to help perfect my form and techniques and see how that changes things. That gym is further away, so I'd try and get there at least once a week, rest of the time I'd be at my normal gym.
Anyways, I'm interested to learn what compounds you guys have learned work best for these types of goals. Also any advice on training routines for increased strength gains and all that type of advice is appreciated as well.
Thanks in advance brothers.

Our numbers are very similar; part of the reason I monitor you and XSBobber closely. I'm doing Test 400 @ 600mg/week & Tren E @ 400mg/week. I'm at the end of 3 weeks into it. I started Dbol late; just last week @ 40mg ED. That being said I'm feeling a huge surge in strength and stamina this week. I hit 435 bench x 2 last week. This week I kept weight down and reps higher but I still did a quick pyramid to 415 x 1, but it was a bit tougher than last week. However, my lower numbers in the 300-365 range feel like a feather on bench. I generally do not go over 365 doing deep squats because I have a broken L4 & L5, but the squats came much easier and I knocked out a whole bunch more sets, doing 25 one day. I have been doing full depth calf raises topping out at about 550lbs with a squat bar for 30 reps. It feels good on my frame, but I'm not sure I can deep squat it. I have no doubt I can do a legit parallel squat with 500. Deadlift is a guess since I don't train it because of my back. I'm going to ease back in to it because I'd like to have a real number.
My personal goal is 1500; basically 500 in each. I have Halo coming in my 3rd Pax order so I'm curious to see what that will do at the right time.

What part of the US are u in? PM me...

I've been very curious on halo for quite some time, I'm about 90% sure I'm going to order it next week along with other things. I'm not quite 1500 yet but I'm close. That's why I'm putting my goal at 1600. I feel like at my level, that'd be a decent total. But I really have no idea. I'm a virgin when it comes to competing. At least in real comps. Last one I did was just a local small bench comp for a "visa" gift card. I won that. Cut down to 185 over a couple days for it (was 195), and got 370 lbs clean. So 2x my body weight. I prob could've pushed 380, but started with 365 first. Then got 370 right after, jumped to 385 and failed. If I would've started heavier I probably would've gotten it. Now I'm up to 210-215 day weight so those numbers are much easier haha.

It crossed my mind how awesome that would be to have a 550 or 600 bench...I just don't know...I'm probably close to what my bone structure can handle. I'm small built and what I can do now is probably more than my frame should be handling. I did put some weight on since I started gear; went from 155 to 173. Strength is my main focus but I do want some mass and a better look. My wife doesn't care how strong I am she'd rather I was ripped. She calls the strength Napoleon syndrome for me lol. I don't see myself ever competing, but never say never. I tell everyone I'd rather go back to college (I'm 45) and wrestle at 140lb body weight. I have great cardio conditioning right now. These young guys would kill me on technical skill...if they could move me!

One of my buddies who is 46 is about 240lbs, 22" arms and benches 460 and has legs like CrawFbigg. He is extremely flexible and the hardest kicker I have ever seen. A 300lb bag folds completely in half from one of his kicks. He has a black belt in like 10 martial arts disciplines including being a Gracie certified BJJ instructor. That being said I usually take him about half the time when we spar.

The usual suspects:
Masteron - run this about year round, just change the dose based on if I'm blasting or cruising
Tren - The precontest staple
NPP - I like to use this far away from a meet for strength/mass gains
Superdrol - Favorite oral to date
Epistane - ok, told its like a poor man's var. I am throwing Epi-Tren into this contest
Var - I liked it, kinda. SHould have ran closer to 100mg. I only ran 40. Other guys swear by 100mg/day
Halo - Awesome for the last 3 weeks or so - fucks shit up. Everything feels light
EQ - Takes too long to kick in, I feel my money can be better spent elsewhere
TNE/Tren base/Dbol - I only use these pre-workout. I don't like dbol as "an everyday oral" because of its short half life and superdrol is just so much more effective at lower doses.

I want to try: Ment (trestolone) and M1t.

Not much else to it.

For routines, no need to get too fancy. Lots of routines work, nothing works forever. Find something that fits your schedule, lets' you handle moderately heavy weight and you believe in. It isn't rocket science. SOme the best routines are still just variations of classic linear periodization.

How is halo if used for PW? Or is it only effective for running weeks at a time? I was considering getting some mast, I may have to do that now. I have 7 bottles of epi-tren I could try and incorporate in somewhere too if needed. Not too interested in EQ for the same reason you stated.
Do you run test higher than tren? Can you tell a difference strength wise with different test/tren ratios?

Also where does anadrol rank for you?

I always run tren higher than test. Its the way I did my first tren run, and I never changed. I've only ran tren 3x. Everytime its been 600 tren, 250 test except this time its 600 tren, 375 test.

Halo is great preworkout. I prefer 10mg in the AM, 10mg 2 hours before training. You get a little bit more benefit running it daily, but you could probably get the same benefit just running it 5x/week. I did a log here a while back that some poeple have found useful. http://www.anabolicsteroidforums.com/showthread.php?t=9638

I've only used anadrol as part of a TNE blend, so not really a good way to judge it. Guys at my gym like it for strength and mass, but I haven't used it. I have so much superdrol (long time ago there was a BOGO sale) and epistane laying around it doesn't make sense.

I always run tren higher than test. Its the way I did my first tren run, and I never changed. I've only ran tren 3x. Everytime its been 600 tren, 250 test except this time its 600 tren, 375 test.

Halo is great preworkout. I prefer 10mg in the AM, 10mg 2 hours before training. You get a little bit more benefit running it daily, but you could probably get the same benefit just running it 5x/week. I did a log here a while back that some poeple have found useful. http://www.anabolicsteroidforums.com/showthread.php?t=9638

I've only used anadrol as part of a TNE blend, so not really a good way to judge it. Guys at my gym like it for strength and mass, but I haven't used it. I have so much superdrol (long time ago there was a BOGO sale) and epistane laying around it doesn't make sense.

How high do you run mast while blasting?

Usually around 600mg. If I ever ran tren or NPP higher than 600mg I would run mast higher

IML Gear Cream!
Usually around 600mg. If I ever ran tren or NPP higher than 600mg I would run mast higher

I'm thinking I am going to order some mast. Running tren at 600mg, think I'd be good running mast at an equal 600, or better off with 800? I'm trying to figure out my dosing before any order I place.
What I had in my head before this post was to maintain the 200mg test, slight bump to 600mg tren (150mg EOD currently), and add in 600mg mast e

Sounds like a solid plan

Back