• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

what to eat living in a hotel?

captainhook

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
ok, bros. after toting my mobile kitchen/pantry to pennsylvain for work, i discovered that it's illegal to cook inside lodging accomodations in PA. i don't want to rely on shakes and supps. any ideas on meals i can prep? i've got egg whites, WPI, almonds, and greek yogurt as a start, but i can only eat so much of that per day. i try to stay away from shit food with high sodium content, but it seems like everything on the shelves is loaded with it. ideas?

ok, bros. after toting my mobile kitchen/pantry to pennsylvain for work, i discovered that it's illegal to cook inside lodging accomodations in PA. i don't want to rely on shakes and supps. any ideas on meals i can prep? i've got egg whites, WPI, almonds, and greek yogurt as a start, but i can only eat so much of that per day. i try to stay away from shit food with high sodium content, but it seems like everything on the shelves is loaded with it. ideas?

I am required to work out of town frequently. I always stay at a hotel with a kitchenette, problem solved.

That is a tough one, without the utensils for cooking I have no idea.

I am interested to see what others have to say.

the woman that checked me in and ruined my life was all like, "just between you and me, just get an air freshener and take your stuff to your truck when you leave in the mornings." yea. that'll happen.

are you cutting or bulking? if bulking i'd just eat the fuck out of things like qdoba and subway. if cutting, a lot of chicken breast salads from grocery stores. egg shakers or whatever in those cartons wouldn't be a bad idea, be careful with the greek yogurt though, all the big name brands have a pretty large amount of sugar in them.

One idea, will they let you keep a cooler in the room? That helps some.

i have a microwave and fridge in the room. and i eat plain yogurt, which has minimal sugar. not really cutting or bulking, more like trying to eat clean is all. i eat clean already, the only thing that changes is how much i eat. it's very difficult to not eat highly refined/processed crap when your options with cooking are as limited as this.

IML Gear Cream!
I sleep almost 50% of my nights in a hotel room. If you're traveling for work, aren't you on per diem or something?

Just order double meat of whatever you want at restaurants. If you're cutting, mind the carbs

The grocery store deli counter across from my work has grilled chicken breasts. They are $4 each but they get me by when I don't have time to prepare my meals. You can buy bags of "vegetable steamers" that you can make in the microwave. Minute rice has small cups of brown rice that you can microwave. Sweet potatoes can be microwaved.

Sounds like you need to make a grocery list.

Don't even know y it needed to be explained about what to do with eating...period...just my 2cents...sorry

you can cook eggs in a coffee mug in the microwave,walmarts always has chicken breast already cut up in a 16 oz bag that only needs to be refrigerated so you can get a few of them think they are like 3 bucks a bag..heat them in microwave, george foreman grills work well,and if they don't let you use that in your room you can cook it in the lobby or small breakfast den they have in hotels,or just use it in the bathroom and turn on the exhaust fan..you can go to the local diner and explain your situation to a waitress..they usually accommodate ya..and I've had them cook like 6 chicken breast for me to take home then pack in your rubbermaid and reheat as needed..just sit and think creatively..you said you have a fridge so sweet potatoes and cottage cheese is good...your selection and meals is only limited to your imagination...plus most grocery stores have rotisserie chicken for under 6 bucks..there is more ideas..

Get creative.

I remember years ago a coworkers wife made all of us burritos to eat while out of town. We had no access to a microwave so we started up a truck and with them wrapped in aluminum foil we set them on the engine intake manifold and they heated up nicely.

When I work out of town it does not seem hard to find pre made food at grocery stores. Most of the time is higher quality food too.

yes, rotisserie chicken, arby's market fresh sand(double meat), subway grilled chix breast sub (double meat), canned tuna and or chicken mixed with........red sauce, hot sauce, no fat MW or mayo, veggie broth, or plain with garlic + tomato's, whole wheat bread, cooked turkey bacon in the deli, cooked any meat...IN THE DELI, mcdonald grilled chix sand on whole wheat bun and NO MAYO, water, water, water, caffeine for depression secondary to living in a hotel, more water, in a pinch rice or wheat cereal with protein shake, canned clams, imitation crab meat, canned beans mixed with canned tuna and/or chicken, cottage cheese- lots of it, water, water, greek yogurt, sugar free jam to mix wirth the last two, almonds, almond butter, peanut butter...............ok I'm tired, but I went to school for 8 years and lived in a basement for the last 2 and I had no heat , stove, or running water......so this is how I ate. And I maintained VERY well. But on saturdays go get a manly meal out with 120,000 calories to reward yourself!!!! oh, did I mention WATER, WATER, Water....lol

i'm too picky for most of those options, which, believe me i've already considered. finding food to eat isn't what's difficult. it's finding healthier options that i want to eat. minimally processed, low sodium, etc. you know, that old chestnut. found some cooked, canned chicken with only a little salt as the sole ingredient. yea, i get more daily per diem than most make in a week, but i'm cheap. so here's what i've been choking down for the last few days:
meal 1: egg whites and WPI
meal 2: greek yogurt and almonds
meal 3: chx salad
meal 4: chx salad
pre: WPI
meal 5: sirloin or grilled chx and broc from outback or similar establishment.
i dont feel as bad eating this, but it will get old. fast. resulting in me saying fuck it. we'll see. thanks guys

"yea, i get more daily per diem than most make in a week"

Troll

Stay in a better hotel or rent a restaurant while your there and meal prep.

"yea, i get more daily per diem than most make in a week"

Troll

Stay in a better hotel or rent a restaurant while your there and meal prep.
yea. troll. because i am compensated well that means i'm a troll and i was only looking to advertise my wealth. on point. haters gon hate. obviously, if staying in a better hotel with better accomodations were an option, i wouldn't be here looking for help from the people that hold lifes answers. ever heard of the middle of nowhere? it's not that great. and it's not that i cant afford to eat either. i know what i'm asking isn't impossible, but obviously it is to some. thanks, guys. know of any restaurants for rent in the mountains of PA?

yea. troll. because i am compensated well that means i'm a troll and i was only looking to advertise my wealth. on point. haters gon hate. obviously, if staying in a better hotel with better accomodations were an option, i wouldn't be here looking for help from the people that hold lifes answers. ever heard of the middle of nowhere? it's not that great. and it's not that i cant afford to eat either. i know what i'm asking isn't impossible, but obviously it is to some. thanks, guys. know of any restaurants for rent in the mountains of PA?

Your daily per diem in the hundreds? Cuz I'd say the average person makes 750 - 1250 a week. Don't even understand why you mentioned your exorbitant per diem in the first place. The renting a restaurant was obvious prodding.

I'm not hating by any means.

You were given many great and viable ideas and basically shot em all down for one reason or another. So your making what you asked impossible. If your in the middle of bum fuck nowhere, princess, ummm buck up and have a little extra sodium. :) Not gonna kill you. I've also traveled for business and do what I have to. My most remote was probably in West Virginia. I didn't bat an eye.

Fruit, veggies, cereal, oats, greek yogurt, egg whites, bagels, granola bars, protein powder, cheeses, sandwich meat, microwaveable rice. Made a few stacked sandwiches with cold cuts for while I was on the job, ate out for dinner. Is there not a grocery store in PA? Seems simple to me.

We're not saying this is impossible, you are. You are the only one who knows how picky you are, so why did you even ask. A lot of us take diet seriously. But if your out of town for work, do what you have to do.

I have a dozen a day. Wash the shells and make sure they aren't bad eggs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fuck me. I won't eat eggs unless completely cooked through. No runny yolks, nothing.

Dying from salmonella just seems bad

Fuck me. I won't eat eggs unless completely cooked through. No runny yolks, nothing.

Dying from salmonella just seems bad

Lol I figure I'll be salmonella proof after fighting it off a couple times. I had bad eggs once and shit my brains out for two days. Then I was good to go LOL
I need to buy the higher quality eggs. I'm cheap though

Lol I figure I'll be salmonella proof after fighting it off a couple times. I had bad eggs once and shit my brains out for two days. Then I was good to go LOL
I need to buy the higher quality eggs. I'm cheap though

I buy organic brown eggs from Costco. Still wouldn't do that after my one brief experience as a kid.

Back