• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

hemoglobin?

Tong Po

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Gave blood a few days back, hemoglobin was 16, so in range. Does that also mean hematocrit and rbc was also in range? Or can RBC still be sky high?

My last lab result my hemoglobin was 16.6, in range but hematocrit was 51.9, out of range.

No telling what yours was prior to blood donation without labs.

Do they check blood pressure when you donate blood?

Yep, dude was a cock and didnt tell me mine though

About half the time they don't tell me either. If they don't tell me then I ask.

Great I'm gonna be nervous. Plus I got someone going to follow me to donate. We're gonna stick out. Maybe act like we don't know each other. My wife was teasing me about it when told her my buddy was going. Ugh.

I hear some places give you 50 bucks for donanating......that's kool put that towards a vial!

More and more they are looking at Hemoglobin instead of Hematocrit. Probably good to go.

My last labs my Hemo, Hematocrit and RBC's were high. LOL

Fuck I need to donate but have to drive some to get somewhere to donate. Damn it lol

OK quick bit of info for you guys to help clear this up. Hematocrit is the amount of packed cell volume in a set amount of whole blood. So for instance if you have a ml of blood spun down and measured the amount of red cell volume compared to the amt of plasma and wbcs and platelets this is your hematocrit. Hemoglobin is measured according to mean cell volume or MCV and by observing the color/size of the rbcs. RBC count is done on a hemocytometer under a microscope and 2 consecutive counts are avg. Now mind you these tests are now all automated and done on a hematology analyzer. In the case of something being out of range a manual differential count is ordered and these tests will then be carried out and confirmed hands on at a bench by a MLT. Another thing just FYI to keep in mind when you get your results on a CBC is what's known as the rule of 3s. You rbc x3 will equal your hgb +/- 3 (some labs use +/- 5. Either is acceptable) points same for you hct it should equal your hgb x3. +/- 3 (or 5 depending) if so the tests are valid if this doesn't add up it was a bad test or bad blood draw. It rarely happens that the lab won't catch but it does happen occasionally. Another point to consider is timing of lab tests. Go in as well hydrated as you normally are and never have blood drawn after you've been to the gym and destroyed you self for a cpl hours. Try to go in early and drink plenty of water before hand for the most consistent results. Hope this makes sense and helps

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Back