• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Breakdown and repair

BigTime

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Having trouble finding the info on what I need to know, I'm having trouble wording the question but I will do my best. Question is, How long after a workout does the food you eat affect that muscle group? like say you slam your shoulders Monday, how many meals will affect the recovery and repair from that specific workout?

Everyones recovers differently. You should be eating 4-8 food meals thoughout the day. Everyday. Im not sure anyone can tell you "it takes 4 meals to heal your delts after a workout". Thats rediculous. There a lot more than food that goes into it as well. Stay hydrated and get a good nights sleep. Hope that helps. In the future, do a little research yourself. This is a pretty dumb question IMO. But ive also heard there is no such thing. Good luck.

I don't buy the pre and post work out protein bit. The reality is that the human body has limited ways to store protein, we need to keep eating it constantly so it is available when needed.

I would venture to guess that the repair takes days. My reasoning is that repair would be complete by the time you are able to train the muscle group again.

No one really knows and no company is going to spend the money to find out because they can never monetize the investment.

​Your muscles are repairing non-stop after you workout. The "anabolic window" garbage is a flawed concept. I still like to eat big meals after my workouts because it's what i'm used to, but as long as you get in the right macros and calories throughout the day, timing is hardly relevant.

I just wanna make sure I'm not wasting to much money on food and protien on off days if its not needed. But i do get the feeling it takes a while to repair after a workout and its good to keep food intake up.

Stick to whole foods on off days. No need for quick protein supplementation from whey or anything. Keep your calories up even on off days if you want to grow.

I don't change a thing on rest days compared to workout days. Except I don't use peps. Just my philosophy.

Back