• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Good replacement for sugar?

babyhulk

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
When I mean sugar, I don't mean what's in food naturally. I'm referring to sugar granules. I use too much and I need something different to use, because I already know my sugar levels need to be lower. I love coffee, and I have a hard time drinking it black. That's my biggest problem with my diet... When it comes to coffee I can't help but cheat. If anyone has a good replacement for coffee, and possibly even baking, Hook me up. I haven't tried any of those artificial sweeteners, I had thought they are worse for your body. Thanks bros.

Hulk

As sugar replacement I use Stevia. What I know it is not artificial sweetener and most healthy from all of them

THANK YOU! It's even lowwwwww in carbs. I'm picking some up today, You are the man.

Stevia is also the replacement I would choose. Just read the pack ingredient profile closely. Some products use maltodextrin and dextrin as fillers. Truvia, which I believe is the more common stevia product, uses sugar alcohol for it's filler.

Stevia seems best because its natural. But I also prefer saccahrine tablets because one tinsy half bb sized tab is equal to 2 tbsp of sugar, yet their is no carbs at all

07067000005l.jpg

Stevia for me makes my coffee taste bitter imo. I just use one pack of "Sugar in the Raw".

Stevia for me makes my coffee taste bitter imo. I just use one pack of "Sugar in the Raw".
If your do not have an aversion to sugar alcohols try Truvia. The zylitol filler gives the stevia a whole different aftertaste.

I'll check out truvia, I've been using stevia for a little while now and I've definately noticed the bitterness. Other then that it's not too bad.

On the flip side, instead of artificial sweeteners, have you tried cutting down? e.g. if you're using 2 sugar packets, cut down to 1.5 the next week. Then 2 weeks later, cut down to 1.

Also check out the sugar coming from other carb sources in your diet.

My diet is very low carb based, I mostly eat meat, and I eat approx 250 grams of protein a day. I have 5 - 7 egg whites in the morning with a protein shake with added peanut butter, a shake between meals, second meal is usually white turkey or chicken usually with unsalted cashews, then another shake in between meals, followed with usually with beef and a salad with a small amount of vinegar. I have tried cutting down on the sugar, but it just makes me not enjoy my morning coffee.

Diet Rite cherry cola is legit man.. Anytime I get a sugar craving I'll drink one, its all sucralose, but has citric acid so dont drink too many if your on a keto diet

Back