PDA

View Full Version : So seriously....creatine???

BTC
12-24-2014, 11:41 PM
I dont use it. Never have. I used it with insulin this past summer but that was a set protocol. So where do you guys use yours? How much do you use? I hear 5, 7, 10, 15grams ect, pre, post, even intra. Was considering using it while I'm cruising now to see if it really does anything for me.

TBJ
12-25-2014, 01:19 AM
I used to use 5g post workout with somethin to spike my insulin.. Not anymore though

theCaptn'
12-25-2014, 01:29 AM
It's a fucking worthless placebo just like beta alanine :coffee:

BTC
12-25-2014, 05:02 AM
Lol, I hate beta alanine.

hightestfuel
12-25-2014, 06:13 AM
I thought creatine was just a cover to tell haters why you are getting so big? They really sell the shit?
Beef and more beef. This time of year I get alot of wild game meat, too.

l69lou
12-25-2014, 06:49 AM
Once your body is saturated 5 grams is about all it takes to keep it up . I use it post wo in my shake . probably the most researched supplement there has ever been .

heavyiron
12-25-2014, 04:10 PM
Creatine Mono is a rock solid sup. Honestly its dumb not to take it. 5-10 mg daily

s2h
12-25-2014, 04:14 PM
I dont use it. Never have. I used it with insulin this past summer but that was a set protocol. So where do you guys use yours? How much do you use? I hear 5, 7, 10, 15grams ect, pre, post, even intra. Was considering using it while I'm cruising now to see if it really does anything for me.

i'm trying to figure out how you never used creatine but used it with insulin this past summer??..did you steal Michael J Fox's time machine Delorean?

- - - Updated - - -

It's a fucking worthless placebo just like beta alanine :coffee:

gearz ftw....

theCaptn'
12-25-2014, 04:55 PM
Creatine Mono is a rock solid sup. Honestly its dumb not to take it. 5-10 mg daily

Have you ever noticed the difference in any aspect? I haven't. Research and all I still think it's bullshit. But I'm fat and hairy so take my opinion with a grain of salt :(

JohnRambo
12-26-2014, 06:02 AM
Areed. Creatine is solid. I've done a few cycles with it and it's honestly effective along with being some of the most heavily studied supplements out there.... Tends to also help the joints with all the fluid retention which is honestly the only con to it but that's easy to deal with.... Pure mono seems to work but use a good creapure brand like ON or any creapure because shit like the BB.com brand or generic supp store brand doesn't do jack except cause me to bloat grossly and mixes like lifting chalk (sometimes I feel it's cut with baking powder but no way to prove it).... That being said creapure is solid and will help with gaining a few extra lbs for intra cellular hydration/expansion although it does also cause notable water outsid the muscles.

heavyiron
12-26-2014, 07:07 AM
Have you ever noticed the difference in any aspect? I haven't. Research and all I still think it's bullshit. But I'm fat and hairy so take my opinion with a grain of salt :(
Absolutely and thats no BS. I used it heavily without gear for years and the more I took the more weight and strength I gained. Creatine Mono is proven to add LBM and I believe it 100%.

Decades ago I bought some and misread the label. I though it said 3 tablespoons but it was actually supposed to be 3 teaspoons. I was taking 3 times the amount recommend so like 30 grams per day. My stomach was so tore up but I kept using it. My strength literally sky rocketed and so did my LBM gains. About 2-3 weeks later I realized I was taking WAY too much. I think I was the first person ever to front load Creatine Mono. LOL!

chocolatemalt
12-26-2014, 07:40 AM
I always gain ~5 lbs water weight on creatine but I see it as a good thing -- fluids entering cells and intercellular spaces allowing around 15% (if I remember the studies right) more endurance whether doing cardio or pushing out an extra rep or two.

It gives me some diarrhea though. :( So I wind up using it on only half my cycles.

JohnRambo
12-26-2014, 08:42 AM
Absolutely and thats no BS. I used it heavily without gear for years and the more I took the more weight and strength I gained. Creatine Mono is proven to add LBM and I believe it 100%.

Decades ago I bought some and misread the label. I though it said 3 tablespoons but it was actually supposed to be 3 teaspoons. I was taking 3 times the amount recommend so like 30 grams per day. My stomach was so tore up but I kept using it. My strength literally sky rocketed and so did my LBM gains. About 2-3 weeks later I realized I was taking WAY too much. I think I was the first person ever to front load Creatine Mono. LOL!

truth I remember the old cell-tech days... I was taking cell tech + extra creatine... I was packing about 20g daily... Literally blew up in water tho but ended up with a few lbs of lean gains also after running it.... I hated the water weight since it gave me some nasty bicep stretch marks initially but can't deny that creatine does indeed work. 100% creapure is all; Just realized I have about 5lbs of it left at home.... Hmm... Maybe il add it to my blast right now since I already got the test water retention so fuck it.... I use to cycle the creatine to avoid the water in summer.... Ironically I got facial acne from creatine which I won't even get from test or hcg although test gives me a bit on the body and creatine was solely face pimples... Anther solid add on to creatine is DAA (D-aspartic acid) and/or some may respond to tribulus which broke me the fuck out and gave me nasty runs but I put the most natural gains running those together....

McDouche
12-26-2014, 09:40 AM

True that, besides drugs and protein, probably the best bang for your buck.

Read the Carb Back Loading book, the author cites numerous benefits of creatine. Muscle gains, myostatin reduction, aid in sleep deprivation and the list goes on. I get 5-10 grams a day. a 500 gram tub costs like $20

Buzzbait
12-26-2014, 10:27 AM
Man y'all drop the mono and go with hydrochloride. No loading, bloating, and 5 grams ed, gives you that extra. Hell I'll take a gram of test, 700 deca and run DBOL at 50mg ed, AND won't forget about creatine in pwo shake, like it's gear itself. Why not???? It's proven, too many studies on it since the 80's... Cheap, effective, and LEGAL... Why not??

JohnRambo
12-26-2014, 11:42 AM
Man y'all drop the mono and go with hydrochloride. No loading, bloating, and 5 grams ed, gives you that extra. Hell I'll take a gram of test, 700 deca and run DBOL at 50mg ed, AND won't forget about creatine in pwo shake, like it's gear itself. Why not???? It's proven, too many studies on it since the 80's... Cheap, effective, and LEGAL... Why not??

Hcl does not have studies into the 80s and in reality is more of a "feel-test" rather than any proven backing.... The way creatine works is by water retention so without water it really does defeat the purpose of creatine.... That being said hcl may or may not provide results; I've used it without any real gain just good pumps same as using creatine nitrate (c4) and cm2 nitrate like sans nitrate.... I did like kre-alkaline creatine alkaline; but again the gains don't compare to pure mono as the cell hydration is what causes expansion thereby any form of bypassing that is by having lower dosages of actual creatine in the flow and thereby less water and results in less gains.... depends on what you want as far as willing to get more water for gains or stay dry.... Il get more water in mono now but just drop it during summer when I take a diuretic like ECA or clen to dry out.

JohnRambo
12-26-2014, 11:44 AM
Ps you also get your bloat already from the dbol and test.... The hcl in your case is most likely just a psychological or preworkout type boost as you are probably already reaching full hydration.... After a certain level there is only so much water the tissue can hold before it gets flushed

BTC
12-26-2014, 11:50 AM
Thanks guys. I have a load of Allmax micronized stuff left from my slin use this summer. I'll start packing it in. Especially since im down like 12 lb from this stomach bug I had.

JohnRambo
12-26-2014, 12:08 PM
Thanks guys. I have a load of Allmax micronized stuff left from my slin use this summer. I'll start packing it in. Especially since im down like 12 lb from this stomach bug I had.

For sure. Good luck man.
Creatine is good in either cutting or bulking stage as it saturates the cells so even in a cut it can help preserve more of the lean mass than if you hadn't although it isn't necessary on the level like clen where you would be able to save mass and even at times gain while cutting.... It does provide a nice edge over using nothing naturally speaking.

theCaptn'
12-26-2014, 02:03 PM

It's legal for now. They're going to ban it.

Buzzbait
12-26-2014, 02:33 PM
Hcl does not have studies into the 80s and in reality is more of a "feel-test" rather than any proven backing.... The way creatine works is by water retention so without water it really does defeat the purpose of creatine.... That being said hcl may or may not provide results; I've used it without any real gain just good pumps same as using creatine nitrate (c4) and cm2 nitrate like sans nitrate.... I did like kre-alkaline creatine alkaline; but again the gains don't compare to pure mono as the cell hydration is what causes expansion thereby any form of bypassing that is by having lower dosages of actual creatine in the flow and thereby less water and results in less gains.... depends on what you want as far as willing to get more water for gains or stay dry.... Il get more water in mono now but just drop it during summer when I take a diuretic like ECA or clen to dry out.
Was talking on just creatine in general having studies since the 80's. And regardless if you think it works or not, for the money, why not try it?!

Titan5011
12-26-2014, 04:25 PM
There's no other supplement with the extent of research on it as creatine. Why do you think most people who eat more beef always feel stronger and have a better since of well being? Creatine studies show it goes beyond just physical enhancement. Creatine deficiency even shows to have a negative effect on the brain. Your body can use creatine for fast energy as well. It converts directly to ATP. It's so damn cheap and with the amount of research force behind it I don't see why you wouldn't take it. I personally recommend the amount you take dependable on your body-weight.. I.E 200lb person takes 20g daily, 150lb person 15g daily, 250lb person 25g daily.(Not all at once, like Heavy mentioned it messed up his stomach) Most people don't take enough to see the real effects. But even then if you don't really see anything, creatine promotes cellular activity. Faster recovery etc... But like all things, some people simply react better to certain things than others.

BTC
12-26-2014, 06:22 PM
So I should be taking 20+ grams a day?

JohnRambo
12-26-2014, 06:32 PM

Load with 20 for 10-14days and then just take 10g maintenance.... I do 5 pre 5 post... Or some do all 10 post with carbs but pre it also provides a small boost in some although in reality once you load and hit saturation you are saturated and any excess is excreted out via urinary tract or essentially what's not absorbed is pee'd out.... Over saturating or taking more than needed can cause bowel movements for some or others it just adds even more water as its absorbed out of cell and water retention can occur outside of the muscles as well...

Titan5011
12-26-2014, 06:41 PM
Based off what I've read in the past and anecdotal evidence, I like 20g per day. 10g in the morning with coffee. Then 5 before and 5 after workouts.

BTC
12-26-2014, 07:05 PM
I'll try that. Thanks guys

Velociraptor44
12-26-2014, 07:09 PM
Everyone just using plain micronized creatine then?

McDouche
12-26-2014, 08:16 PM
That's what I use

JohnRambo
12-26-2014, 08:20 PM
Everyone just using plain micronized creatine then?

Correct
creapure brand micronized creatine only as not all micronized is good; for instance the bb.com one sucks greatly but ON uses creapure which is a lot purer

Velociraptor44
12-26-2014, 08:55 PM
Correct
creapure brand micronized creatine only as not all micronized is good; for instance the bb.com one sucks greatly but ON uses creapure which is a lot purer

So ON is your go to?

JohnRambo
12-26-2014, 08:58 PM
So ON is your go to?

Yes for pure micronized creatine they have the overall best one and it's ridiculously cheap as well... Pennies a day

actually just took 10g today; 5 before 5 post.... Will run it throughout until my cut

exerciseordie
12-26-2014, 09:15 PM

1. You don't need to load creatine mono...that's bullshit. 2. Any creatine is going to saturate your muscles causing intracellular water retention (its doesn't bloat you). 3. HCL has no real studies behind it and is often underdosed so to get to 5g you will have to take like 3 servings and over pay by a ton.

Buzzbait
12-26-2014, 10:47 PM
1. You don't need to load creatine mono...that's bullshit. 2. Any creatine is going to saturate your muscles causing intracellular water retention (its doesn't bloat you). 3. HCL has no real studies behind it and is often underdosed so to get to 5g you will have to take like 3 servings and over pay by a ton.
This isn't a UGL? It's creatine? How is it under dosed? Humor me, I'm listening??

exerciseordie
12-26-2014, 10:50 PM
This isn't a UGL? It's creatine? How is it under dosed? Humor me, I'm listening??
Underdosed as in the serving size is dosed at 2g per serving instead of 5g (like almost all mono is dosed at) so you ha e to take 2.5 servings to get to 5 grams.

Buzzbait
12-26-2014, 10:52 PM
Underdosed as in the serving size is dosed at 2g per serving instead of 5g (like almost all mono is dosed at) so you ha e to take 2.5 servings to get to 5 grams.
Got you brother, was thinking you were going a different route with that. Might have to go back to just plain mono

exerciseordie
12-26-2014, 10:53 PM
Got you brother, was thinking you were going a different route with that. Might have to go back to just plain mono
Lol right when you replied I immediately regretted how I said that! My fault man!

JohnRambo
12-26-2014, 10:58 PM

Ironically hcl is typically dosed at 750mg per scoop so super low.... That's the reason it is "no bloat creatine"; the bloat is what gives the gains due to cell hydration... Without it; your relying on pure placebo or "I can feel the gains" stimulant effect.

b227
12-27-2014, 01:55 AM
I take bb mono and I bloat like a mofo. I also eat a shit ton of steak too thougn

Unlisted
12-27-2014, 12:02 PM
Mono is all ive ever used and seems ON is my brand of choice...big ass green and black tub will last you months at 5-10g ed

b227
12-27-2014, 12:38 PM
Do you take it on rest days? I haven't noticed any difference since I've taken it but it's so cheap I just keep using it

JohnRambo
12-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Do you take it on rest days? I haven't noticed any difference since I've taken it but it's so cheap I just keep using it

Rest days I take it morning and then before bed 5g each time for 10g total.
try ON bro; I have 2 tubs of the BB.com sitting at home because I bought it on sale a few years back and it's the worst garbage ever.... I bloated like a puffer fish and got 0 gains from it just acne; that crap is cut with something and isn't pure micronized to say in the least... You will notice the difference right away when you try legitimate creapure such as ON sources from the German manufacturer... I'm very sensitive to bullshit and some fillers will bloat me as well since I'm year-round lean & like to mantain a carb cycle routine.... Needless to say the BB mono had me looking like a beached whale until I cut it and switched back to ON.

Titan5011
12-27-2014, 08:33 PM
http://www.tigerfitness.com/AX-German-Creatine-p/3450042.htm

This is what I've always used.

JohnRambo
12-28-2014, 01:30 AM
http://www.tigerfitness.com/AX-German-Creatine-p/3450042.htm

This is what I've always used.

Same exact product sourced from the same manufacturer of Creapure... All they do is sell it in these big barrels and then companies like glanabia (ON) or GAT or any other manufacturer re-packages them in smaller tubs and occasionally throws in their own "flavoring" powder to the mix.... ON is still cheaper per serving as they sell you a huge bulk 2.2lb tub of it rather than trying to sell you a "30" or "60serving" tub and charge you a "per serving" expertise tax for their basic math skills and labeling....

OilLifeLine
12-28-2014, 09:05 AM
I don't know why you wouldn't be taking creatine. One of the oldest tools in the bag. 5g post workout on workout days. Never experienced the "bloat" everyone talks about, no cramping from it either. Good supplement all around.

MsMegatron
12-28-2014, 09:23 AM
Areed. Creatine is solid. I've done a few cycles with it and it's honestly effective along with being some of the most heavily studied supplements out there.... Tends to also help the joints with all the fluid retention which is honestly the only con to it but that's easy to deal with.... Pure mono seems to work but use a good creapure brand like ON or any creapure because shit like the BB.com brand or generic supp store brand doesn't do jack except cause me to bloat grossly and mixes like lifting chalk (sometimes I feel it's cut with baking powder but no way to prove it).... That being said creapure is solid and will help with gaining a few extra lbs for intra cellular hydration/expansion although it does also cause notable water outsid the muscles. This. Make sure you take it with carbs. I load with 10g for the first week then drop to 5g a day. I notice if I am drinking caffiene though it's effects are largely diminished. Some people say you don't have to stop taking it, but I feel like after 10-12 weeks the effects start to drop off. I usually stop taking it for twice as long as I was on. I wouldn't run it on cycle. The water retention and size gains from gear can create stretch marks or make existing ones worse. Health is a concern too. Read up on the possible effects on kidneys, heart, and possible increase in chances of a stroke.

bigdog78
12-28-2014, 10:28 AM
I like concrete. I guess its hydrochloride. Kinda hard to find sometimes. Test prop is better though!

JohnRambo
12-28-2014, 10:35 AM
The whole take it with carbs is bullshit; any insulin spike will result in a quicker uptake and contrary to popular belief... Protein does cause an insulin spike. That being said after loading etc it's really moot because you are already saturated and just maintaining creatinine levels for repair/hydration levels which basically means you can take it with food or on empty and it makes no difference.... I've done all the ways with no one-way being better.... The whole grape juice theory in the end was just bro-science to give the pussies who can't just chug raw unflavored powder something to not feel like totall bitches knowing that they failed and had to drink sugary crap in order to down creatine powder.... The same pussies who bitch about the 2 seconds of protein flavor and can't do it unless it takes like a fucking milkshake.... If you can't down 2 seconds of "blah" or even if it was foul tasting which it isn't.... Then you are in the wrong fucking sport or must be one of those IIFYM daily poptart fuckers who know nothing about proper MICRO nutrients or just an overall healthy nutrition for long-term longetivity/goals.

nopainnogain
12-28-2014, 12:02 PM
:winkfinger: great info!

bigcarlos
12-28-2014, 12:22 PM

I used all the year straight (in seasson and off seasson too) 10 gr inmediately after workout....

Unlisted
12-28-2014, 01:51 PM
I noticed maybe 3-5lbs water retention but I only notice this when I come off it...when im on it just looked like muscles were always full..

theres great studies out there on mono...tried and true supp there...

And I would take it year round...

nopainnogain
02-03-2015, 06:47 PM
Sorry to bring this back up lol just got my micronized creatine from ON and was wondering should I load first just like the instructions say and then 5g a day or 10g a day?

exerciseordie
02-03-2015, 07:19 PM
Sorry to bring this back up lol just got my micronized creatine from ON and was wondering should I load first just like the instructions say and then 5g a day or 10g a day?
Don't load. 5g a day every day....its that simple bro. Don't complicate it, KISS method is usually the best with supplements. Keep it simple stupid.

Titan5011
02-03-2015, 08:03 PM

I use 20g. It's used up by your muscles. So naturally the bigger you are the more is needed to be effective.

nopainnogain
02-04-2015, 04:21 AM
Post or pwo does it mater? Thanks

Augustine5I
02-04-2015, 04:24 AM
Post or pwo does it mater? Thanks

I would use Post workout to restore loss glycogen in the muscles...but I haven't used creatine in a long time. Just made me put on too much water weight for my own personal preference.

BTC
02-04-2015, 06:34 AM
I put 15g in a 32oz Gatorade and drink intra. Feels better than slamming it all post workout. Is it doing anything? I dunno...if it is its overshadowed by 1600mg of aas wk.