• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Steroid use almost "doubling" year to year

RAINier

Super Mod McBain
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Source (UK): http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/18728990

Thoughts on whether this is true or just typical news exaggerating?

Also, the video was interesting, I could name every single one of the substances he was talking about.

Can't say it's true or not.... But to say. " doubling" year -year seems very unlikely to me.
theres definately an increase ive witnessed the past tens years though.

Can't say it's true or not.... But to say. " doubling" year -year seems very unlikely to me.
theres definately an increase ive witnessed the past tens years though.

What's your experience been?

100% agreed since I've been working out for the past 14 yrs I've seen a huge increase amongst the younger guys coming into the gym then from when I was starting off. Most of these guys are clueless but it is what it is...

What's your experience been?

Similar to what Juicebox stated...moving on to a real gym after high school 14 ish years ago AAS wasn't discussed so openly, the availability wasn't there, nor the knowledge. I can recall guys running strictly Deca or winny cycles and paying large amounts for the juice.
Now days and going back 8 yrs or more the cost has come down and the available knowledge has increased 10 fold.
Sure you see or hear an occasional younger guy talking about gear and knowing damn well he has no idea or knowledge about AAS, diet, lol and you can tell by how he trains no idea about that as well. The increase I see is in guys who have been in the gym for a few years and are dedicated to the lifestyle therefore take the step over to the dark side. They discuss diet and it's importance the time is taking to learn the pros and cons of AAS, realizing when done PROPERLY the pros outweigh the cons. My point is there IMO a dramatic increase...but not In the negative manner or abusive way it's often portrayed, it's by those looking to better there life physically and mentally.

It's a trend that will catch on for a while. People are generally lazy in nature and guys like us possess a unique quality to consistently inflict pain on our bodies and keep coming back. True dedication is a life choice almost like brushing your teeth. This is something you constantly have in the back of your mind sun up til sun down.

It's a trend that will catch on for a while. People are generally lazy in nature and guys like us possess a unique quality to consistently inflict pain on our bodies and keep coming back. True dedication is a life choice almost like brushing your teeth. This is something you constantly have in the back of your mind sun up til sun down.

This.

Similar to what Juicebox stated...moving on to a real gym after high school 14 ish years ago AAS wasn't discussed so openly, the availability wasn't there, nor the knowledge. I can recall guys running strictly Deca or winny cycles and paying large amounts for the juice.
Now days and going back 8 yrs or more the cost has come down and the available knowledge has increased 10 fold.
Sure you see or hear an occasional younger guy talking about gear and knowing damn well he has no idea or knowledge about AAS, diet, lol and you can tell by how he trains no idea about that as well. The increase I see is in guys who have been in the gym for a few years and are dedicated to the lifestyle therefore take the step over to the dark side. They discuss diet and it's importance the time is taking to learn the pros and cons of AAS, realizing when done PROPERLY the pros outweigh the cons. My point is there IMO a dramatic increase...but not In the negative manner or abusive way it's often portrayed, it's by those looking to better there life physically and mentally.

^^^I agree

IML Gear Cream!
Is it doubling because more people are taking AAS for their own pleasure or is it that more people are taking TRT and this is being reported.

Is it doubling because more people are taking AAS for their own pleasure or is it that more people are taking TRT and this is being reported.
It's about those not on TRT. People using it to up their game in the gym/on the field/for looks/etc.

Back