• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

So, this older guy interupts my convo in the gym.

liljoe

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
This kind of goes with grinding gears/pet peeve shit. But here it is...I am benching early this week before a got real sick. Dude in the rack squatting next to me stops me between sets and asks what my split is etc. We get to talking while I am changing up weight to my next warm up set at 365(the weight comes into play in a second, hold on) So this older guy about 50ish walks over and interrupts us to tell us about his training and to ask how old we are...then precedes to tell us how he has stayed injury free for the last few years by only going to 350 for sets of 5 and how it has worked so well for him. Mind you I have seen him bench numerous times over the last 6 months and never goes over 315 for a few sets of 3. Basically, went on to tell us we shouldn't go so heavy and balls out if we want to stay injury free.
A) you are going balls out if you are doing sets of 3 at any given weight...sorry man, that is all you got.
B) I don't give a shit how you train, if I did I would have asked. So, don't interrupt me.
C) Why in the fuck would you go to the gym in fear of hurting yourself...and not train to gain.
D) If you train to maintain you will regress. Been there done that.

My rant. I was nice about it, just went on with my workout. But, that shit is irritating..

Don't you just love people in the gym?

This is why I keep to myself in the gym. Had this other guy not started the convo, I wouldn't have been talking to him either. Nice enough guy, but I like keeping to myself in there. I did have him spot me for a couple sets later. This is the only time I strike up with someone in the gym.. I will ask for a spot but, don't unless I need it... I just don't like interrupting others working out.

... older guys ain't so bad , light up a doobie & chill .. :winkfinger:

arnie-smoking-weed.jpg

charley...I am pretty old myself...nothing against old people at all...guy just doesn't know his place and walks around like "King Shit" You know the type that beats his chest and gives advice to all the big guys and hot girls in the gym.

Ha..I think you are way more forward than I am TG...I am pretty reserved til I get pissed.
Be polite yet firm and speak clearly.

461ece7941218ac15a9f5d5b31036567.jpg

That's why I try not to talk to people at the gym

It does seem like the guys I see at the gym doing nothing always give unwanted and understand needed advice. I'm coming back from a ruptured distal bicep rupture and can't believe the advice I get from people who have never suffered the injury. The main guy that walks around the gym trying to give advice is like 6'2 160lbs and fat lol. Told me I was coming back way too early, been 5 weeks since surgery. I asked have you had this injury before and of course he says no I train the right way. I said what's the right way, walking around the gym in your flouresent outfits, then politely told him to fuck off and went back to my workout. Why go to the gym if you don't want some kind of positive gain. The gym is alot of Pepe's happy place. He's one of the guys always complaining about being at the gym. Go figure

It does seem like the guys I see at the gym doing nothing always give unwanted and understand needed advice. I'm coming back from a ruptured distal bicep rupture and can't believe the advice I get from people who have never suffered the injury. The main guy that walks around the gym trying to give advice is like 6'2 160lbs and fat lol. Told me I was coming back way too early, been 5 weeks since surgery. I asked have you had this injury before and of course he says no I train the right way. I said what's the right way, walking around the gym in your flouresent outfits, then politely told him to fuck off and went back to my workout. Why go to the gym if you don't want some kind of positive gain. The gym is alot of Pepe's happy place. He's one of the guys always complaining about being at the gym. Go figure

Of course he trains the right way...that is why he is HUUUUUGGGE. To all the people like that guy...I will gladly train the opposite way(wrong apparently) and make gainz.

IML Gear Cream!
maybe hes a veterinarian

Back