• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

TRT, Cruising, Blasting... WTF?

Gramps

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Here's a couple things I'm curious about.

Blasting, I get it, but what is the target of doing this?

What's the difference between cruising and just plain ol' TRT?

Cruising is what you do after your blast. Instead of doing a pct(post cycle therapy) you simply drop back down to your trt dose of test.

Blasting is running a full cycle. In your case you may up your trt dose of test to 500-750mg of test for 12 weeks before dropping back down to cruise (trt).

A cruise is taking a maintenance level of testosterone. For most people, that is TRT levels or maybe a little higher.

blast is a steroid cycle. People will do this for any number of reasons - build mass (bulking), lose fat (cutting), to feel better (higher testosterone levels tend to make people feel better), etc. once the cycle ends, they go back to cruise dose.

Blasting, I get it, but what is the target of doing this?

I ask myself the same thing. If you cant get to where you wanna be with test levels of 800-1000 year round then your doing something wrong.

Yeah it's a little confusing Gramps, know how you feel, I signed up here a couple months ago and had to figure everything out too.

TRT= lowest dosage to maintain normal levels; usually 100-200mg/week
Cruising= usually involves a slightly higher dose 200-300mg/week run in between blasts which keeps you levels in the suprahuman area +1,000, most guys doing this blast regularly and may not have Low T or prescription for test.
Blasting= usually running 500+mg test and other compounds to get maximum muscle growth.

TRT= you take test in order to have "normal" hormonal levels.
blast= on cycle
cruise= off cycle (trt doses)

if you are on trt,when you blast you are on a full cycle with high doses and more stuff than only test,then you go back to cruise to your usual trt doses.

Yeah it's a little confusing Gramps, know how you feel, I signed up here a couple months ago and had to figure everything out too.

TRT= lowest dosage to maintain normal levels; usually 100-200mg/week
Cruising= usually involves a slightly higher dose 200-300mg/week run in between blasts which keeps you levels in the suprahuman area +1,000, most guys doing this blast regularly and may not have Low T or prescription for test.
Blasting= usually running 500+mg test and other compounds to get maximum muscle growth.

^^^ I think that's dead on.

Cruising and TRT seemed like synonyms to me before but it turns out most vets here use cruising as a term to mean a higher-than-TRT dose, yet within a stone's-throw of "healthy" natural levels, in order to maintain muscle while recovering myostatin levels, cardio markers, etc.

I ask myself the same thing. If you cant get to where you wanna be with test levels of 800-1000 year round then your doing something wrong.

Don't you feel like you're swimming against the tide a bit? :) Blasting is the main reason most of us are in this forum.

I can't get to where I "wanna be at 800-1000 levels"..I can at 4000 for 16 weeks then maintain most of it when I come back to those "800-1000 " levels.

Don't you feel like you're swimming against the tide a bit? :) Blasting is the main reason most of us are in this forum.

I suppose I am a little bit but its the voice of experience. Ive been where most of you younger guys are, done the big cycle after cycle and here I am over 12 years later in my mid 40's only slightly smaller but MUCH healthier, all on a fraction of the gear it took me when I was younger. Im a comfortable 250lbs 14%bf or so at 5'10.5" tall in and I am still making gains in strength and losing fat albeit slowly!

The cycles in use today I would wager are doses exceeding what many of the old time pro BB's used yet most are no where near where they are size wise. The reason you guys arent getting where you would expect on large doses of aas is the same thing preventing you from making decent gains on lower doses and the same reason so many athletes (general term for gym rat regardless of your goal) today have so many health issue.

If you wanna be 250lbs and pretty shredded at around or under 6ft, you need more than a TRT dose of test... like, no matter how hard you train you will not get that big with 200mg of Cyp, lol.

IML Gear Cream!
I suppose I am a little bit but its the voice of experience. Ive been where most of you younger guys are, done the big cycle after cycle and here I am over 12 years later in my mid 40's only slightly smaller but MUCH healthier, all on a fraction of the gear it took me when I was younger. Im a comfortable 250lbs 14%bf or so at 5'10.5" tall in and I am still making gains in strength and losing fat albeit slowly!

The cycles in use today I would wager are doses exceeding what many of the old time pro BB's used yet most are no where near where they are size wise. The reason you guys arent getting where you would expect on large doses of aas is the same thing preventing you from making decent gains on lower doses and the same reason so many athletes (general term for gym rat regardless of your goal) today have so many health issue.

There are physical changes made during huge cycles, like muscle gain that are not reversible. The reason you can stay so big on such a small dose right now is because you went on such big cycles when you were younger. Everything's connect, you are not a special snowflake.

There are physical changes made during huge cycles, like muscle gain that are not reversible. The reason you can stay so big on such a small dose right now is because you went on such big cycles when you were younger. Everything's connect, you are not a special snowflake.
I will agree that does have some impact but its far from the whole explanation. Your clearly missing the point but thats okay, not everyone gets it.

I think your approach is wise in your case. But as Ron mentioned it's real hard to get that big and strong without gear in the first place. I'm actually your same age as are many others in here (e.g. HeavyIron) and we got a bunch in their 50's too, so we're not all being reckless with gear. This forum is a great place to to avoid just those sorts of mistakes, actually. Once I get where I want to be I'll be in your same shoes and just maintain something decent on TRT or perhaps cruise dose.

I think your approach is wise in your case. But as Ron mentioned it's real hard to get that big and strong without gear in the first place. I'm actually your same age as are many others in here (e.g. HeavyIron) and we got a bunch in their 50's too, so we're not all being reckless with gear. This forum is a great place to to avoid just those sorts of mistakes, actually. Once I get where I want to be I'll be in your same shoes and just maintain something decent on TRT or perhaps cruise dose.

Yes, I have been lifting for the last 28 years with the exception of some time off due to hardships here and there and yes with that time under the bar comes changes that can only be gained with time. I was however 225 before I ever touched gear.

Please dont get me wrong, I am not trying to call anyone out and say they are wreckless, just trying to point out that that there are healthier and safer ways to reach your goals which I have touched on many times in other posts.

I especially feel for the older crowd who are starting to feel the wear and tear of age but thats not to say I dont feel for the young guys that have been raised in a pharmecutical world where popping a pill is seen as the answer for everything. Its not their fault its a cultural thing. The whole world is snowed and our food supply is pure and utter garbage, regardless of how clean you eat.

I didn't miss the point, but you're brushing one off.

Come back and talk to me in 25 years when you have some real experience and knowledge and we will discuss things.

Some great info in this thread .Is why ASF is so great -we have youngsters -and we have the " older " group. Many opinions- but much wisdom. I " think" at 63 I am near the top -but a few others are just under my age-Thanks-OD

Back