• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Firefighters Shot at Firescene

tommygunz

Assministrator
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
4 Firefighters Shot, 2 Killed At Webster, New York Fire Scene

AP | Posted: 12/24/2012 9:33 am EST | Updated: 12/24/2012 11:17 am ES

r-WEBSTER-FIREFIGHTERS-KILLED-large570.jpg

WEBSTER, N.Y. -- Authorities say four firefighters were shot, two of them killed while responding to a house fire in western New York.

Officials in the town of Webster tell local media outlets that someone shot at firefighters around 6 a.m. Monday when they arrived at the scene of the blaze just east of Rochester.
CNN reports that two responding firefighters are being treated for gunshot wounds. Two other firefighters were killed, but officials wouldn't elaborate on how they died.
A Webster fire official told ABC that the firefighters were shot at when they pulled up to a house in the 100 block of Lake Road. The crime scene is still active, but officials said there is no active shooter at this time. Officers exchanged gunfire with at least one gunman before the melee ended. No more details on the shootout are available.
Police secured the area by 10 a.m. and firefighters started combating the blaze, whichspread to at least three houses, according to the Democrat and Chronicle. It's unclear whether any arrests have been made, or whether anyone was injured in the fire.
SWAT teams on scene have reportedly been evacuating a some nearby residents and taking them out of the neighborhood.
From the Associated Press:
"One or more shooters" fired at the firefighters after they arrived shortly after 5:30 a.m. at the blaze near the Lake Ontario shore, just east of Rochester, Town of Webster Police Chief Gerald Pickering said.There was no active shooter at the scene later Monday morning, according to Monroe County Sheriff Patrick O'Flynn. The first Webster police officer who arrived on the scene exchanged gunfire with the shooter, Flynn said, but he had no other information on the shootout.
The West Webster Fire District received a report of a car and house on fire on Lake Road, on a narrow peninsula where Irondequoit Bay meets Lake Ontario, Flynn said.
"When they got there, they stated to take on rounds and the initial responders were struck," the sheriff said.
The fire started in one home and spread to two others and a car, officials said.
The two wounded firefighters were in critical condition at a Rochester hospital, Flynn said.
Webster, a middle-class, lakeside suburb, now is the scene of violence linked to house fires for two Decembers in a row.

It seems like these things happen so often during the holidays. Sadly a time of year that is supposed to be joyous is so hard for some. My heart goes out to those affected by this, very sad. This is the time of year to show our love to one another. Hold those dear to you close and reach out to those who have no one. Caring for one another is the only way we can stop this. TG

Last edited:
I saw this...it's disgusting but if the media doesn't stop giving these shooters glorified tv time then we can expect to see a lot more

As a volunteer fireman it never crosses my mind that I could face gun fire when i respond to a call. What a tragedy, and my heart goes out to the families of my brothers who lost there life serving.

I saw this on the news - totally f*cked up. The guy who did it was totally sick. He had a serious criminal history, and was actually convicted of beating his grandmother (I think) to death with a hammer. The question is: how did he purchase an assault rifle with his background?

I saw this...it's disgusting but if the media doesn't stop giving these shooters glorified tv time then we can expect to see a lot more

this is exactly right!, the more they show these shooters the more they are happening. These sick bastards want to be "remembered" when they reall should just off themselves. Better start buying the firearms and ammo you like, cause us hard working, tax paying citizens wont have access in the near future.

Prayers go out to the fallen, their family, friends, and other firefighters.
I read about this on my sister's facebook page (she's a NYPD)...couldn't believe this ish.

This is the reason why I don't even go out my front door anymore without my glock on my side.

Back