• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Ammo question. 45acp and 308 winmag

Kronikmstrb8r

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Which manufacturers make the best of the best for these calibers?

That depends on what you are shooting at.

Home defense. .. so black people... lol

And dogs of course

Lol..really depends from gun to gun IMO you will have to take it and shoot with several brands and types of shells..my 380 will not shoot a hollow point without jamming no matter what brand.

45 acp I would go with Winchester rangers. They are the black talons without the black coating. There's only a couple places that will even sell it to you. .308 I'm a hornaday fan but plenty of good hunting rounds. Military rounds are cheapest.

for the 45 i would suggest the speer gold dots. i ran winchester rangers for a couple years but i had tighter groups while practicing with the gold dots and after a few months of shooting more accurately with them, i made the switch and never looked back. i have no input on the 308 though.

I just shoot big reliable bullets. If they can take 3-4 rounds of 45 of any decent manufacturer, then they are a badass

IML Gear Cream!
What kind of 308 we talking about anyway? If your gonna be letting loose with a m14 you might wanna consider frangible ammo.

Find what shoots best in your weapon, and stick with it. The best ammo in the world isn't worth a damn if your weapon can't cycle it. I'm not sure if you're trolling or not, but .308 win mag isn't even a cartridge as far as I know. If your considering a .308 Winchester for home defense, you're going to want frangible ammo for sure, or you'll be punching through every wall in your house!

I've never heard of 308 win mag 300 and 338 winmag come to mind and those shells are 40-50 bucks a box get a 30-06 if possible cheaper ammo

30-06 for home defense against black people...you really dislike naggers don't ya?!?!

I use Winchester pdx in my 40 xdm Springfield and 10mm glock. my favert are Winchester pdx,Ranger, and I like the gold dot rounds to eany of them would be good. Far as the 308 idk my best friend is a gunney and he makes all my rifle shells But then again I hardley ever hunt with a rifle

I was trying to get a good idea on what to get my dad for his birthday coming up. I just asked him yesterday night what he needed and just got him a few boxes of the Hornady .38 special critical defense rounds. Those bastards arent cheap.

Get Shredded!
When I get my pistol permits approved the first pistol ill be buying is the Smith and wesson m and p 45. Anyone have any feedback on this pistol?

If u get the m&p. 45 I'm not a big fan of a 45.peroid but if u do get one get the Winchester PDX round its the it's the best round out u can get a box of 50 from Winchester called ranger there just as good Far as pistol rounds stay away from hornady there not really good Hell I rather use power ball than hornady in a pistol far as a ride I've never used hornady. But if I was going to get a 45 it would be the Springfield xdms It's a better pistol. Than a m&p.

LOL at using a winmag for home defense. Maybe if you live on 10 acres but not in the city. That round will penetrate a burglar and several houses before stopping.

Black Talons for the .45 hands down.

Im surprised no posts for shotguns for home defense... srs. I'll take my 870 anyday over my Sig for home defense. Buck shots wont end up in my neighbors house either. :coffee:

Heavy. Thay do not make black talons eany more the only place u might can find them is a gun. Show. But u can by Winchester Rangers. There the same round. But not coated black. My grandpa was a funny in The Marines. He was in ww2 Vietnam and Korea I got so many guns it ant funny

Can't go wrong with a glock I carry the 33

Wont a high caliber round splatter within a certain amount of meters since the round will be hot once leaving the barrel? Or does that only count for hard surfaces and not people? I forgot all my ballistics knowledge from the Army.. lol

Back