• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

opiate addiction

chocolatemalt

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
For those here who've recovered from opiate addictions, pills specifically, what was the magic combo that put you on the ride to begin with? Large doses? Unrepentant partying? Everyday use? I was told by a doc that addiction is mainly a dose-independent everyday habit sort of thing -- e.g. you use for several weeks every day for pain but then continue dosing to "take the edge off" and you're done.

I should add... I'm struggling to let go of the bathroom mirror stash of oxy, vicodin, and codeine calling my name now.

Last edited:
Back injury- pain clinic- bad addictions. Dark period of my life. Been clean going on 7 years.

I fit the bill as well... Broke my back in high school, was prescribed pretty much unrestricted amounts of hydro's. Eventually selling the hydros to get stronger shit, and there goes the roller-coaster up until 3 years ago.

Its a clean high, that's why I like it but it gets old after a while. When I get bored I do stupid shit so I just stay busy instead. Go lift and stay away from the pills until New Years. Haha.

For me what changed the game from just clinicly treating pain was chasing the high or euphoria . It's like that first time you flip that switch in your brain and experience that warm orgasm come over your body . You know in your heart that that's not a good thing to be chasing and is not the object of treating pain . But you do it one more time , and another one more time . Then you need a little bit more . First you did it only on weekends with friends . Then it's after a bad day at work , or after an argument with your women . Now you're using it to deal with life . You're doing it by yourself and hiding it . then you still got high that last time but not quite as good as before so now you need a stronger opiate . It's incredibly sneaky . It promises you instant relief from ALL pain and anxiety only to steal your very soul ! I liked the pills but once I tried heroin I was in LOVE . People say oh I'd never do heroin I could never inj a vein like that . You don't need to now a days , it's so pure you can just snort it , that was me . It's only through the grace of GOD through his SON Jesus Christ and fellowship of other like minded people that knew another way to live life that my wife and I are still alive . I cry sometimes when i hear of folks using opiates to play with . They have no idea . The surest way to wreck your life for certain . I know you've mentioned pain meds recently from a illness and also mentioned trying not to use them daily . If there's anything I can do I'm here .

Last edited:
For those here who've recovered from opiate addictions, pills specifically, what was the magic combo that put you on the ride to begin with? Large doses? Unrepentant partying? Everyday use? I was told by a doc that addiction is mainly a dose-independent everyday habit sort of thing -- e.g. you use for several weeks every day for pain but then continue dosing to "take the edge off" and you're done.

I should add... I'm struggling to let go of the bathroom mirror stash of oxy, vicodin, and codeine calling my name now.
Kudos for admitting....

once I tried heroin I was in LOVE.
omg..... I 'booted' meaning mainlined heroin, with three distinct pumps. The most incredible high ever..... was smart enough to know to never do it again.

One of my doctors in detox told me the human nervous system was never intended to experience certain things . Heroin is at the top of that list . He said it was too good and overwhelmed the nervous system .

All of us opiate addicts essentially think the same. Maybe we didn't hit the same lows, but we all know the lure of a good opiate high.
I am ashamed to say I was once there.
I was young, and didn't know anything about addiction.
I first got high on 60mg of oxy. I LOVED it. But 3 hours later was puking my brains out, I think I called out of work for 2 days. So sick. I thought I was going to die.
Kept going back though. After about 3-4 months I noticed I felt flu-ish after a day or so of not having pills.
Before I knew it I had a full blow addiction. Soon it turned into heroin. Only shot up once, was AMAZING, but scared the shit out of me and never shot up again.
Long story longer... I was afraid I'd lose my child along with my guy (we've now been together 5+ years) so I got my shit together.
Most end up in death or jail, I feel lucky to be here. Always willing to help a sober friend out

From the time I was 20 to about 24 there wasn't much I didn't do. Mainly because of who I hung out with at the time. Cocaine, x, pills, shrooms, weed, and would drink a lot. Can honestly say never touched heroin. Probably because it wasn't around or because it wasn't anything that was admitted by people. I'm assuming because they were ashamed to let people know. I say that because 4 different people I knew in high school have died from using it and most were unaware they even did it.
It definitely seems to be even more rampant and popular now. They just did a new drugs inc. show recently where I'm from on heroin. I'm 29 now an haven't touched anything in almost 6 years. I rarely even drink now. Don't hang out with any of the same people anymore though and by dropping them as friends I believe is what saved me.

IML Gear Cream!
It's a shitty, vicious cycle. I have had a bad addiction to these since about 20 years ago when I tore my bicep off. Surgeries, too many to count, shoulders, knees, back and neck to name a few. I always quit taking them, but I'll always be addicted, this I'm sure of. I tore my Labrum and Glenoid a month ago, I'm back on the ride and it fucking sucks. 30 days of meds and I've got my spot back in the rotation. Miss a dose or two and it starts with nausea, a fever and chill are about an hour away and brain shocks won't be far behind, throw in some restless legs and an asshole attitude and you've got the pretty picture that is me right now.

Flush the fuckers bro, it's the only way to shut them up.

I started with eating oxys then snorting then free basing that shit. Started at low doses and then by the time I was done I was taking upwards around a 5-6 80mg pills. Worst time of my life. How I stopped? Cold turkey and a fifth of Jose every night (dead serious)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a shitty, vicious cycle. I have had a bad addiction to these since about 20 years ago when I tore my bicep off. Surgeries, too many to count, shoulders, knees, back and neck to name a few. I always quit taking them, but I'll always be addicted, this I'm sure of. I tore my Labrum and Glenoid a month ago, I'm back on the ride and it fucking sucks. 30 days of meds and I've got my spot back in the rotation. Miss a dose or two and it starts with nausea, a fever and chill are about an hour away and brain shocks won't be far behind, throw in some restless legs and an asshole attitude and you've got the pretty picture that is me right now.

Flush the fuckers bro, it's the only way to shut them up.

Hang in there bro

I'm solid bro, I'll stop taking them when surgery is behind me. It won't be pretty and I'll smoke a shit ton of weed to help, but I'm ok with that.

2 ruptured discs while squatting in my early 20's I'm now 46 and not a day goes by that I do not think about my best friend Mr. Oxy! From the first time I took one I was hooked. I will take the pain over the pills any day of the week! They will take your life and your soul. People talk about will power? You don't even know what will power is until you try to pry yourself away from the grasp opiates will have on you. Do not ever turn the switch on! Once you do, it will take you years to turn it off. DUMP THEM NOW and never turn back. Wish I had back then.

2 ruptured discs while squatting in my early 20's I'm now 46 and not a day goes by that I do not think about my best friend Mr. Oxy! From the first time I took one I was hooked. I will take the pain over the pills any day of the week! They will take your life and your soul. People talk about will power? You don't even know what will power is until you try to pry yourself away from the grasp opiates will have on you. Do not ever turn the switch on! Once you do, it will take you years to turn it off. DUMP THEM NOW and never turn back. Wish I had back then.

I was fortunate, I think? It was right when I met my wife, I guess about to be ex wife (thanks for saving me, honey). My life was a mess. Wake up, snort a huge line of oxy, go to work and be the happiest guy in the world. So gross looking back..

Fuck sounds like all of us have had a pill problem. I still battle not getting dependent. Back injury as well. Usually after leg days I need a oxy

Not to mention that opiates are counter productive for us beefcakes! They can shutdown your natural testosterone production. That is how I got on TRT. After my last bout of opiate withdrawals my Doc did a full Blood panel and noticed my Test was in the low 200's. He said it was the opiates causing it. Google it..... Opiates mess with your body big time physically and mentally.

Not to mention that opiates are counter productive for us beefcakes! They can shutdown your natural testosterone production. That is how I got on TRT. After my last bout of opiate withdrawals my Doc did a full Blood panel and noticed my Test was in the low 200's. He said it was the opiates causing it. Google it..... Opiates mess with your body big time physically and mentally.

This is something I have heard before.

i found with age things became less fun...a little fun 1-2 times a year but thats tops...i used to not be very disciplined..

Get Shredded!
i found with age things became less fun...a little fun 1-2 times a year but thats tops...i used to not be very disciplined..

I can see and relate to this

Just walk away from it bro, and don't look back. Flush all of the shit that's holding you back in life. Go to your stash and flush all that shit. You can do it, don't think just do it.

My son became addicted to opiates. Then, it led to heroine. I'm sad to say that it (heroine) killed him last January. He was only 23 years old. I hope you get the help you need. And if you have any value for this thing we call life, then you should see that it (life) is beautiful.

I started in my mid 20's. Down here in the south, the prescription pills are so easy to get its scary. Oxycontin 80's and Roxy 30's plague the area where I live and surrounding areas. Tried them because "everyone was doing them". Started snorting one, ended up snorting 5 or 6 or 7 at a time. $30 a pop and suddenly your whole paycheck is gone. Didn't matter. Eventually it became a daily thing. Kept telling myself I wasn't addicted. That I could stop. Ended up losing my girlfriend of years, losing friends, etc. Literally woke up one morning and was like "I'm done" and quit. Knew I had a long road ahead. Wasn't easy. I set short term goals, long term goals, and made sure I achieved them. Addiction was so bad I would dream about buying the pills and snorting them.. fucked up. Been clean almost 2 years now. Feel better than ever. Anything you need brother, PM me I will be glad to help.

My son became addicted to opiates. Then, it led to heroine. I'm sad to say that it (heroine) killed him last January. He was only 23 years old. I hope you get the help you need. And if you have any value for this thing we call life, then you should see that it (life) is beautiful.
Sorry to hear that bro...

There is mental and physical addiction. While physical may only last 72hrs, the mental aspect will be with you for life. I have gone in and out of Oxy addiction. Every time I have quit on my own will with nothing. First time I did use Suboxone for the first week but sold the rest. It's a dangerous road and most never get out of it. Seek counseling and learn meditation, both have helped me immensely!

Man I was clean four years then got deployed. I relapsed right outside of biap. Baghdad international airport. I was 9 months into my deployment and was really weak. Came home and stayed on for a while about 2 years. My ex wife found out this why she's my ex now. Fucking stupid shit man. I will be clean for 2 years on April 11. I used suboxone for withdrawls....it was way better then being dopesick!!!

I started in my mid 20's. Down here in the south, the prescription pills are so easy to get its scary. Oxycontin 80's and Roxy 30's plague the area where I live and surrounding areas. Tried them because "everyone was doing them". Started snorting one, ended up snorting 5 or 6 or 7 at a time. $30 a pop and suddenly your whole paycheck is gone. Didn't matter. Eventually it became a daily thing. Kept telling myself I wasn't addicted. That I could stop. Ended up losing my girlfriend of years, losing friends, etc. Literally woke up one morning and was like "I'm done" and quit. Knew I had a long road ahead. Wasn't easy. I set short term goals, long term goals, and made sure I achieved them. Addiction was so bad I would dream about buying the pills and snorting them.. fucked up. Been clean almost 2 years now. Feel better than ever. Anything you need brother, PM me I will be glad to help.
In Florida it was called the Oxy Express. You could literally pay some quack doctor $900 for about 120 Roxy's. People were coming from all states to do it and seeing multiple doctors in multiple county's until the DEA picked up on it.

Sorry to hear that bro...
Thanks man. Addiction is real. And if left untreated, it can cost someone the ultimate price: their life. The ones who need to be really concerned, are the ones who say, "it won't happen to me". Trust me guys, it can and will happen to you. It's just a matter of when. However, you can prevent it, by getting help. I know, it's easier said than done. However, you need to take that first step and decide enough is enough and take back control of your life. One more thing and I will stop preaching, you can beat the addiction, but you need to dig really deep inside yourself and fight.

bushmaster that's where I'm at brother. Miami is a stones throw away and the drugs are all over.

Back