• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Blood pressure/white coat hypertension

uberdawg

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Has anyone ever heard of or experienced something called white coat hypertension? This is when you get elevated blood pressure reading only at the doctors office or when someone else takes your BP. Maybe due to anxiety or whatever etc.. The last few visits to my Dr and blood donation clinic my blood pressure has been around 140/90. Which is WAY higher than my normal blood pressure. It usually never goes past 120/80.. So I started monitoring regularly at home(wrist unit) and my BP is always fine. So to make sure my wrist unit was accurate I brought it with me to my doctors appointment. I thought maybe either the wrist monitor was off or the cuff they were using at the doctors was too small, but sure as shit they both read the same.

My PCP chewed her assistant's ass for taking my blood pressure wrong a few weeks ago. She was worried because we had discussed my RBC's but when she took it herself correctly where I wasn't holding my arm up myself it was just fine.

Has anyone ever heard of or experienced something called white coat hypertension? This is when you get elevated blood pressure reading only at the doctors office or when someone else takes your BP. Maybe due to anxiety or whatever etc.. The last few visits to my Dr and blood donation clinic my blood pressure has been around 140/90. Which is WAY higher than my normal blood pressure. It usually never goes past 120/80.. So I started monitoring regularly at home(wrist unit) and my BP is always fine. So to make sure my wrist unit was accurate I brought it with me to my doctors appointment. I thought maybe either the wrist monitor was off or the cuff they were using at the doctors was too small, but sure as shit they both read the same.
you can experience anxiety when you know the doc is gonna put his finger in your ass, if hes a gentleman he will kiss your neck first that should help.

you can experience anxiety when you know the doc is gonna put his finger in your ass, if hes a gentleman he will kiss your neck first that should help.
Gotta get a woman doctor. It makes those prostate exams a lot more fun.

It can read high also if their using a small cuff when you should be getting it checked w a larger cuff.

LMAO.. Well if I was going to get a finger in the ass I could understand my BP shooting up, but they're only taking my blood pressure so WTF.. It's starting to piss me off!!

It can read high also if their using a small cuff when you should be getting it checked w a larger cuff.

Yeah I thought about demanding a bigger cuff.. Thing is that both my wrist unit and the arm cuff had the same readings in the doctors office..

going through this right now. Went to the fire department yesterday 153/96. Drug store 150/81. Today diff FD; 160/110...WTF! bought a omron bp760n arm cuff monitor, Measured BP 20x all good readings 120-130's/70-80. So now don't know what the fuck to believe.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
Went to a cvs and walgreens to use their bp tester; tested several x at each place all were 120-130's/70-80's, same numbers on my tester. Check on the wife tonight and hers was comparable to mine as well. guess it's not as bad as I thought. Can't understand why the high numbers at the FD.

Cuff being very tight or wrong size fucks with it too...
White coat hyper tension is very common..
No joke but my hr jacks up 20 bpm in one and only one Dr's office ..i couldn't even tell you why because it's the one I'm most likely to tell someone to suck a fat dick at

Went to a cvs and walgreens to use their bp tester; tested several x at each place all were 120-130's/70-80's, same numbers on my tester. Check on the wife tonight and hers was comparable to mine as well. guess it's not as bad as I thought. Can't understand why the high numbers at the FD.

I know it's pissing me off. As far as I know I've never had this problem before. Only thing I can think of is being on TRT now which is all my appointments have been for. It's always to discuss bloodwork. Maybe I just stressing the doc will want to lower my test dose! LOL but it also happened at the blood donation clinic and the reason I go there is because I'm on test too.

Cuff being very tight or wrong size fucks with it too...
White coat hyper tension is very common..
No joke but my hr jacks up 20 bpm in one and only one Dr's office ..i couldn't even tell you why because it's the one I'm most likely to tell someone to suck a fat dick at

Yeah Sheriv I thought about the cuff thing too. I do think they're using the wrong cuff. My arms are probably over 18 inch .Thing is I brought my omron wrist cuff with me to the appointment and we both got the same reading. It was like 140/90 and I'm usually at or below 120 and at or below 80. I checked it again when the nurse left the room and it went back down to normal . Crazy thing is that I don't feel anxious.. WTF?

One thing I found is the arm position and sitting position can make a big difference. arm is supposed to be elevated at the level of the heart if it is hanging down low you will always have a higher reading, likewise if you raise your arm up the height of your head you have a lower reading

I always have higher BP when I go the Drs office. It has raised as much as 20 points systolic. Once I had a nurse try to talk with me about hypertension; I was 17; <10% BF; had 2 hours of swim per day; 2 hours of weight training and 1 hour of PE 4 days per week. It is definitely a sympathetic nervous system kicking in thing.

Back