• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

25 yr old. Low T, looking for feedback on blood test

RayLewis

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Just looking for overall feedback.

background.

diagnosed with hypothyroidism when I was 18 and was able to see some overall improvements with energy and overall mood but as the years have gone by I just never felt like I thought I should. Still constantly taking naps, brain fog, depression, and most important was my difficult time losing weight.

For the past 18 months I've been seeing a dietician to get my weight down, but even following the program I wasn't getting the results. Finally had my testosterone levels check by a new GP I started seeing and the results came back

324 (300-1100) were the ranges . We discussed the possibility of TRT. Gel or injections but she advised me to have more panels done per recommendation of the onsite Endo. Well the results came back this week and my total T and Free T wAs lower than before. I included a screenshot. Again just looking for feedback, next visit is at the end of the week.

http://i.imgur.com/yFjnNe9.jpg

Your latest test would dictate low t.
have your doctor attempt to have your body produce it naturally by stimulating using HCG or doing a clomid cycle.... That's usuallydone pre trt to insure if you are recoverable or not prior to going on lifelong trt.
if you don't hold the levels then that would dictate a need for trt and its up to you at that point if you want it or not... Some people get away by using hrt and running just hcg or just clomid as therapy without having to take test to suppress natural....

the thyroid and all other hormones in the body , especially test, have been clearly linked by many studies. Its a condition almost always caused by lack of selenium and iodine. Its estimated by some medical professionals such as Dr Brownstien that as many as 95% of the population is iodine deficient.

Even those who are in the normal range for thyroid labs often benefit greatly from iodine and selenium supplementation. Im in my mid 40's now and have the metabolism like when I was in my 20's again.

Ive stated here and in many other places that I have come to believe low T is not THE problem, its simply another symptom of nutritional deficiency.

You wanna get your T up, here is what I would recommend at a mimunum.

A full spectrum multi vitamin.
400-800mg magnesium a day....if you go 800 and get loose stools cut back to 400.
potassium bicarbonate to get your daily intake to around 5000mg which for most means 2000mg or so supplemented in multiple doses.
6grams a day or more ascorbic acid in divided doses. Two much at once cause cause very short term watery stools.
a triple boron product, 3mg a day or so, something like source naturals triple boron.

selenium from L-selenomethionine 200-400mcg a day run this for about 30 days before adding in iodine.

iodine! Lugols solution (its more a type than a brand, can find it on amazon or e-bay or you can make your own) 5% solution is 6.25 mg combined iodine and iodide. Ideally you want to work up to about 50mg a day and maintain that dose for 6-12 months, thats how long on average it takes for your body to reach sufficiency. At that point you can (but I never did) cut back to about 15mg a day. I usually just put the drops in a small glass of OJ.

Please note iodine is a halide and we are inundated with them, flouride, bromide etc etc. They all displace iodine in the body and when you start taking iodine you can have a pronounced herxheimer reaction. For me it was just a dull throbbing headache that lasted a few weeks. Taking a 1/2 tsp of UNREFINED salt in small glass of warm water followed by full glass of cool water can help with the detox.

The B vitamins are also critical for sperm and test production. Consider 10mg a day sublingually (hold between cheeck and gum till dissolved) of source naturals methylcobalamin. 800mg daily of solgar folate (methylfolate) works hand in hand with b12. Id also try and solgar niacin (plan old niacin, the type that causes a flush). Buy multiple sides tabs all the way to 500mg each. STart low and slowly build up dose over weeks until you get to 1000mg 3 times a day. This unclumps red blood cells, is a powerful vasodilator which improves healing and also causes a histamin dump which is largely responsible for the flush. As you work up the dose you deplete your body of histamine but if you miss a dose your body can build up its stores so you need to reduce dose and work back up.

The above is a good place to start and I would bet money, if given ample time, will restore your thyroid function and increase your natty test levels.

Please note that when starting selenium/iodine supplementation there is often an increase (sometimes very large) in TSH scores. This is no reason to panic. TSH not only trigger creation of T4 BUT ALSO triggers NIS symporter creation (ie basically iodine receptors) so the body can effectively make use of the new daily iodine. The TSH values can remain raised for up to 6 months or more but will return to normal as your thyroid heals and begins to function properly once again.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or more guidance.

the thyroid and all other hormones in the body , especially test, have been clearly linked by many studies. Its a condition almost always caused by lack of selenium and iodine. Its estimated by some medical professionals such as Dr Brownstien that as many as 95% of the population is iodine deficient.

Even those who are in the normal range for thyroid labs often benefit greatly from iodine and selenium supplementation. Im in my mid 40's now and have the metabolism like when I was in my 20's again.

Ive stated here and in many other places that I have come to believe low T is not THE problem, its simply another symptom of nutritional deficiency.

You wanna get your T up, here is what I would recommend at a mimunum.

A full spectrum multi vitamin.
400-800mg magnesium a day....if you go 800 and get loose stools cut back to 400.
potassium bicarbonate to get your daily intake to around 5000mg which for most means 2000mg or so supplemented in multiple doses.
6grams a day or more ascorbic acid in divided doses. Two much at once cause cause very short term watery stools.
a triple boron product, 3mg a day or so, something like source naturals triple boron.

selenium from L-selenomethionine 200-400mcg a day run this for about 30 days before adding in iodine.

iodine! Lugols solution (its more a type than a brand, can find it on amazon or e-bay or you can make your own) 5% solution is 6.25 mg combined iodine and iodide. Ideally you want to work up to about 50mg a day and maintain that dose for 6-12 months, thats how long on average it takes for your body to reach sufficiency. At that point you can (but I never did) cut back to about 15mg a day. I usually just put the drops in a small glass of OJ.

Please note iodine is a halide and we are inundated with them, flouride, bromide etc etc. They all displace iodine in the body and when you start taking iodine you can have a pronounced herxheimer reaction. For me it was just a dull throbbing headache that lasted a few weeks. Taking a 1/2 tsp of UNREFINED salt in small glass of warm water followed by full glass of cool water can help with the detox.

The B vitamins are also critical for sperm and test production. Consider 10mg a day sublingually (hold between cheeck and gum till dissolved) of source naturals methylcobalamin. 800mg daily of solgar folate (methylfolate) works hand in hand with b12. Id also try and solgar niacin (plan old niacin, the type that causes a flush). Buy multiple sides tabs all the way to 500mg each. STart low and slowly build up dose over weeks until you get to 1000mg 3 times a day. This unclumps red blood cells, is a powerful vasodilator which improves healing and also causes a histamin dump which is largely responsible for the flush. As you work up the dose you deplete your body of histamine but if you miss a dose your body can build up its stores so you need to reduce dose and work back up.

The above is a good place to start and I would bet money, if given ample time, will restore your thyroid function and increase your natty test levels.

Please note that when starting selenium/iodine supplementation there is often an increase (sometimes very large) in TSH scores. This is no reason to panic. TSH not only trigger creation of T4 BUT ALSO triggers NIS symporter creation (ie basically iodine receptors) so the body can effectively make use of the new daily iodine. The TSH values can remain raised for up to 6 months or more but will return to normal as your thyroid heals and begins to function properly once again.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or more guidance.

good Reed I read something similar it stated how America is the only country that puts the same chemical i n salt Peter in bread its like our country is purposely lowering men's test for there cause it got deep. but anyway it talked the same regimen of iodine being main cause. I'm 42 my total was 189. suppose to be 250 to 1100 mine last checked was 1415 my free 456 my age has alot to do with it but I'm struggling with a opiot addiction and on Suboxone which is proven hypogandisome.but I was also born with strangulation hernia and have no kids. so I might of had low all my life but just got big from my genetics my dad was is short strong and stout. not meaning to hijack thread but this could help alot of us, I believe test is best but there's other things happening or I wouldn't of held onto my size

caveman72 using not abusing

OP..do you have the full labs you can post?..or are you getting more detailed labs?

Last edited:
OP..do you have the full labs you can post?..or are you getting more detailed labs?

this^^^

would be nice to see the whole picture...would gt a better idea of whwts going on

this^^^

would be nice to see the whole picture...would gt a better idea of whwts going on

Not to be argumentative but labs hardly paint the whole picture. Lab ranges are created by collecting data from a large group of "seemingly" healthy people.

Just look at the acceptable NORMAL range of testosterone. For a male is what? 300 to 1000 ng/dL? I think we all can admit that having a test level of 900 is much more preferably to having one of 400.

Lab values server one primary function and that is to identify clear outliers, ie those that are outside of the normal accepted range.

That being said there are millions of people who have various lab results that ARE within range yet they have symptoms the medical community cant solve. Often times symptoms for many conditions overlap. Often times the established rules and guidelines for the use of drugs prevents treatment with said drug because a lab value is "in range"....not that drugs would usually solve a problem anyway unless we are clearly dealing with infection or the like.

Where lab values really come into play is when an individual has historical PERSONAL data to compare them against. Without that having labs in range means little to nothing.

I will even go so far as to state the accepted lab ranges are often skewed to promote prescription drugs. For example recently the acceptable level at which certain statins could be prescribed has recently been dropped. This is all a ploy to push more medication and make more money yet the science to back up the use of statins is NOT there. Most drugs treat a symptom and NOT an underlying problem. Elevated cholesterol is not the problem, its a symptom of a larger underlying problem yet when the medical community is stump[ed they just pull out their handy script pad and send you to a pharmacy all the while totally ignoring the very basic fundamentals of life itself and that is that the body REQUIRES certain nutrients (ie thats why they are called essential) and if the body does not have these in ample amounts systems within the body begin to fail.

Another example of altered lab ranges is serum B12 levels. In the US, 200-800pg/ml is often considered normal yet there are literal thousands of case studies (and lawsuites by the way) where people had levels above between 200 and 500 yet suffered permanent neurological damage because the doctors said thier B12 levels were in range so that possibility was ignored.

The takeaway from all my mumblings is this. Labs can be a beneficial tool but if you dont feel well and have symptoms or problems you dont feel are right then you have a problem regardless of what you lab results (and doctor) tells you.

I was diagnosed with Low T at age 23...doc had me on Androgel...levels barley came up. But came up just enough not to re-prescribe me with TRT. Since i've been lifting hard over the last several months I could tell my levels had dropped...so I started my own TRT and running gear! lol Best of luck brother!

IML Gear Cream!
Much respect for coming here looking at getting some help and knolege from a like minded community. If anyone understands where you're coming from, I do. I'm also 25, and my last blood test showed a total test level of 214.. And as you said, the overall exhaustion, head fog, no sex drive, and just zero "drive" to do much at all at this age is incredibly difficult. My Dr told me he wouldn't put me on any type of TRT because he felt I was "too young" hah! I took things into my own hands after several months of research on sites such as this one. Not sure if you're here wanting to do the same and dose/regimine your own TRT cycle, but there's tons of great info on this site about it! Here to help brother, keep your head up, don't let this run your life, you CAN feel better!!

My warning to you young guys jumping on TRT, doc prescribed or self prescribed doesnt matter. Low T in almost all cases I have seen has been accompanied with various other issues like adrenal fatigue and suboptimal thyroid function. Putting yourself on TRT and just marching on thinking you have solved the problem will likely lead to some very serious problems in the not to distant future because the underlying problem is not low T, thats just another symptom.

Ive been on these internet forums for a very long time and one thing I am seeing more and more if is younger guys with low T, why is that? As a matter f fact not just low T but a whole slew of physical and mental problems seem to plague the young adults today. Heck, back when I was in high school hardly anyone was on any kind of drug for any kind of problem, now it seems that about 50% of the kids in high school are on some type of medication for something. Its become an epidemic that is being ignored by everyone....well except for a small few who are not happy to accept the doctors word and find help. I beleive its been said by many health professionals that this latest generation is the first who will not have a life expectancy greater than their parents.

A lot of this is due to our fast food and processed food culture. The importance of nutrition is falling by the wayside and after all why wouldnt it? No one makes money off of healthy folks! We have been farming the same soil for decades and only the bare minimum of nutrients is put back in the soil, this means every year the plant based foods we and our food stock eats is lower and lower in essential nutrients which in turn means its harder and harder for us to get the nutrients we need. Add to that the fact we are inundated today, now more than every, with a whole host of toxins, gases released from plastics and household chemicals, all of which further tax our bodies and our nutrient stores. A double whammy if you will that sets up ever new generation for more and more health problems, all as a result of poor nutrition.

My warning to you young guys jumping on TRT, doc prescribed or self prescribed doesnt matter. Low T in almost all cases I have seen has been accompanied with various other issues like adrenal fatigue and suboptimal thyroid function. Putting yourself on TRT and just marching on thinking you have solved the problem will likely lead to some very serious problems in the not to distant future because the underlying problem is not low T, thats just another symptom.

Ive been on these internet forums for a very long time and one thing I am seeing more and more if is younger guys with low T, why is that? As a matter f fact not just low T but a whole slew of physical and mental problems seem to plague the young adults today. Heck, back when I was in high school hardly anyone was on any kind of drug for any kind of problem, now it seems that about 50% of the kids in high school are on some type of medication for something. Its become an epidemic that is being ignored by everyone....well except for a small few who are not happy to accept the doctors word and find help. I beleive its been said by many health professionals that this latest generation is the first who will not have a life expectancy greater than their parents.

A lot of this is due to our fast food and processed food culture. The importance of nutrition is falling by the wayside and after all why wouldnt it? No one makes money off of healthy folks! We have been farming the same soil for decades and only the bare minimum of nutrients is put back in the soil, this means every year the plant based foods we and our food stock eats is lower and lower in essential nutrients which in turn means its harder and harder for us to get the nutrients we need. Add to that the fact we are inundated today, now more than every, with a whole host of toxins, gases released from plastics and household chemicals, all of which further tax our bodies and our nutrient stores. A double whammy if you will that sets up ever new generation for more and more health problems, all as a result of poor nutrition.

I pretty much agree.....what you said in your first sentence, wouldn't it have been proper for the dr to tell him the same thing and look for other problems? He didn't say it, but it sounds like the dr just said no and sent him down the road! So what do we do as humans.....take things into our own hands probably not knowing if we are doing the right thing.

I pretty much agree.....what you said in your first sentence, wouldn't it have been proper for the dr to tell him the same thing and look for other problems?

Honestly the doc likely wouldnt tell him that because the doc simply doesnt know. Believe it or not a great many doctors are totally ignorant when it comes to nutrition. Then take into account the rules and regulations of their practice and the HMO that the client has. Insurance companies dont want to pay docs to put people on supplement plans and diets. FOr one docs often have no knowledge and secondly peoples simply wont follow the advice. Fixing the body with nutrition isnt a quick fix, it can take a long time to reverse damage thats done and get nutrient levels to where they should be.

Early on in medical school they sat through lecture after lecture about various bodily processes. They say the intake of nutrients and how they are used for various enzymatic processes and the various ways they affect the health of the organism. Later on however the focus shifts away from what makes the body tick to "whats that ailment" and what can we prescribe to fix the client asap that is within the guidelines/rules?

My HRT doc is one of the most progressive I have seen, A firm believer in supplements but even he doesnt do a lot of the lab testing that could very well identify a lot of problems. Things like various B vit tests, and other markers for serious heart conditions. In my mind they should all be done PRIOR to putting someone on TRT but thats not what they do. Docs in general often have blinders on and stick with what they know which is identifying common problems and prescribing drugs and thats about where they stop. Countless people I know have had multiple trips tpo the doc for various nagging issues, nothing immediately life threatening mind you, but things nonetheless that have a negative effect on quality of life. They are time and time again blown off and told its just part of getting old yada yada yada.

The truth is if you dont care enough about your health to take iy upon yourself and learn what you can and do what you can on your own the docs will not fare much better. Nutrition and supplementing is a maze no doubt, one the docs dont even enter, but whats the alternative to taking things on yourself? Its your body, your health and your life, why on earth would you trust your quality of life and longevity to a stranger? Yes they have a medical degree but there is so much they dont know and honestly so much they dont care about. Going to the typical doc, unless you have a very obvious deficiency, is kind of like dropping your harley off at the local auto repair store. Sure they understand the fundamentals of the combustion engine but by and large working on your hog will be outside of their wheel house.

The great thing about the last 10 years or so is the internet has given the average person access to incredible amounts of info, yes you have to do your due diligence and separate the wheat from the chaff but hell even in the medical community you will get varying opinions. For example, I asked 3 different docs how long one could expect to have H pylori antibodies in their system once the bacteria was eliminated. One said 2-4 years, one said 3-7 years and the other said you will have them forever.

Now dont get me wrong, docs have their place I had a hernia repaired last year, Doc did a great job and I obviously couldnt have done it myself. However when it comes to nagging quality of life issues and annoying symptoms that dont go away, they simply dont have the time, and often nutritional experience to be of any help.

Honestly the doc likely wouldnt tell him that because the doc simply doesnt know. Believe it or not a great many doctors are totally ignorant when it comes to nutrition. Then take into account the rules and regulations of their practice and the HMO that the client has. Insurance companies dont want to pay docs to put people on supplement plans and diets. FOr one docs often have no knowledge and secondly peoples simply wont follow the advice. Fixing the body with nutrition isnt a quick fix, it can take a long time to reverse damage thats done and get nutrient levels to where they should be.

Early on in medical school they sat through lecture after lecture about various bodily processes. They say the intake of nutrients and how they are used for various enzymatic processes and the various ways they affect the health of the organism. Later on however the focus shifts away from what makes the body tick to "whats that ailment" and what can we prescribe to fix the client asap that is within the guidelines/rules?

My HRT doc is one of the most progressive I have seen, A firm believer in supplements but even he doesnt do a lot of the lab testing that could very well identify a lot of problems. Things like various B vit tests, and other markers for serious heart conditions. In my mind they should all be done PRIOR to putting someone on TRT but thats not what they do. Docs in general often have blinders on and stick with what they know which is identifying common problems and prescribing drugs and thats about where they stop. Countless people I know have had multiple trips tpo the doc for various nagging issues, nothing immediately life threatening mind you, but things nonetheless that have a negative effect on quality of life. They are time and time again blown off and told its just part of getting old yada yada yada.

The truth is if you dont care enough about your health to take iy upon yourself and learn what you can and do what you can on your own the docs will not fare much better. Nutrition and supplementing is a maze no doubt, one the docs dont even enter, but whats the alternative to taking things on yourself? Its your body, your health and your life, why on earth would you trust your quality of life and longevity to a stranger? Yes they have a medical degree but there is so much they dont know and honestly so much they dont care about. Going to the typical doc, unless you have a very obvious deficiency, is kind of like dropping your harley off at the local auto repair store. Sure they understand the fundamentals of the combustion engine but by and large working on your hog will be outside of their wheel house.

The great thing about the last 10 years or so is the internet has given the average person access to incredible amounts of info, yes you have to do your due diligence and separate the wheat from the chaff but hell even in the medical community you will get varying opinions. For example, I asked 3 different docs how long one could expect to have H pylori antibodies in their system once the bacteria was eliminated. One said 2-4 years, one said 3-7 years and the other said you will have them forever.

Now dont get me wrong, docs have their place I had a hernia repaired last year, Doc did a great job and I obviously couldnt have done it myself. However when it comes to nagging quality of life issues and annoying symptoms that dont go away, they simply dont have the time, and often nutritional experience to be of any help.

Totally agree....that's why they call it "practicing medicine." I've got a darn good doctor, but he doesn't have a clue about gear and hgh. He even told me that about the hgh.

Woah guys slow down here, I'm not some bull headed 25 year old that decided to take things into my own hands because my DR said NO to me. I went and got blood tests every day for a week, 3 MRIs, and 1 CT scan looking for the possible cause/effect of my low testosterone and high prolactin. After all that was said and done, we found no "ah-hah" signs of what the cause may be.

I was a heavy opiate drug user for about 5 years (most of high school and some time after as well) and we had concluded that my abuse of the drugs is more than likely what has crashed my dopamine system, and in turn, my testosterone as well.. I have been clean since 2009.

So again, no, I didn't just say screw it and go into this blind, I have got more tests done, read more information, and taken more precautions than it seems you all give me credit for. I understand its probably coming for a place of love and concern, but I'm not just blindly doing this hoping it works, I have dedicated a fairly substantial amount if time into my cycle, and finding what works best for me all while working full time as an engineer.

Woah guys slow down here, I'm not some bull headed 25 year old that decided to take things into my own hands because my DR said NO to me. I went and got blood tests every day for a week, 3 MRIs, and 1 CT scan looking for the possible cause/effect of my low testosterone and high prolactin. After all that was said and done, we found no "ah-hah" signs of what the cause may be.

I was a heavy opiate drug user for about 5 years (most of high school and some time after as well) and we had concluded that my abuse of the drugs is more than likely what has crashed my dopamine system, and in turn, my testosterone as well.. I have been clean since 2009.

So again, no, I didn't just say screw it and go into this blind, I have got more tests done, read more information, and taken more precautions than it seems you all give me credit for. I understand its probably coming for a place of love and concern, but I'm not just blindly doing this hoping it works, I have dedicated a fairly substantial amount if time into my cycle, and finding what works best for me all while working full time as an engineer.

Congrats on getting clean, but you're missing my whole point. For starters I wasn't passing judgement on the route or reason you opted to go on TRT nor am I questioning the amount of effort you put into finding the problem or how you are pursuing the "fix" so you can relax, no one is trying to put you down for any of that. Im simply trying to bring to your attention, and others in your shoes, that there is often times a very direct connection between ones nutrient level and their health.

In your first line above you stated "we found no "ah-hah" signs" which is what my ramblings are all about. Doctors, 99% of the time, totally ignore the nutrition factor in disease and diagnosis because its something they chose to ignore or are simply ignorant about.

So with that being said and the fact you revealed you were a heavy opiate user just further supports my statements. In addition to their well-known effect on regulating pain transmission in the brain, opioid receptors are also widely distributed in the peripheral nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract (GI), such as in the myenteric plexus and the intestines. Opioids essentially affect the physiological functions of the entire GI tract. Not only do addict often have less than ideal diets what they do eat doesnt get into the body like it should because of the opiates impact on the GI tract.

The food we eat is more than just life sustaining calories, more than simple energy like gas in a car. Food is the source of essential nutrients with an emphasis on essential. On the extreme, deprive your body of ANY essential nutrient for a period of time and you will die! Deprive your body of the REQUIRED amount of any essential nutrient and provide some, but not enough, and what do you think happens? Processes in the body that require what ever nutrient is missing begins to perform suboptimally which in turn often affects other processes in the body.

I'll use a common example everyone has heard of, scurvy. Scurvy is the clinical term for the condition where the body doesnt have ample vitamin C to support the bodies internal processes that rely on it. Scurvy is what happens when the level if vit C intake is sow low a slew of symptoms that the doc can easily see manifests and they pin a name on it. It doesnt happen over night, it takes days, weeks or even months. People seem to think that prior to having the doc label it scurvy they are fine. They have scurvy or they dont but its not a switch, a case of have or dont have, its not black and white. Prior to a clinical diagnosis you could be in seriously rough shape due to lack of vitamin C yet still not present all the clinical symptoms just not yet sever enough to warrant the label. This by no means means you are fine or in good shape, your on the road to scurvy and then death if ignored. The problem with the medical community is when it comes to nutrition they dont throw up any red flags until a patient presents with all the clinical signs that are severe enough to warrant a deficiency label yet millions are just on the other side of the line to warrant a label and suffer needlessly.

Sorry for the long winded post but I felt it had to be said. Your too young and have worked to hard to have the medical community miss what I feel is likely your underlying problem and thats malnutrition. The kind your not going to be able to overcome with food alone but requires an extensive supplementation plan.

I never would have posted had you said this to begin with!

Congrats on getting clean, but you're missing my whole point. For starters I wasn't passing judgement on the route or reason you opted to go on TRT nor am I questioning the amount of effort you put into finding the problem or how you are pursuing the "fix" so you can relax, no one is trying to put you down for any of that. Im simply trying to bring to your attention, and others in your shoes, that there is often times a very direct connection between ones nutrient level and their health.

In your first line above you stated "we found no "ah-hah" signs" which is what my ramblings are all about. Doctors, 99% of the time, totally ignore the nutrition factor in disease and diagnosis because its something they chose to ignore or are simply ignorant about.

So with that being said and the fact you revealed you were a heavy opiate user just further supports my statements. In addition to their well-known effect on regulating pain transmission in the brain, opioid receptors are also widely distributed in the peripheral nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract (GI), such as in the myenteric plexus and the intestines. Opioids essentially affect the physiological functions of the entire GI tract. Not only do addict often have less than ideal diets what they do eat doesnt get into the body like it should because of the opiates impact on the GI tract.

The food we eat is more than just life sustaining calories, more than simple energy like gas in a car. Food is the source of essential nutrients with an emphasis on essential. On the extreme, deprive your body of ANY essential nutrient for a period of time and you will die! Deprive your body of the REQUIRED amount of any essential nutrient and provide some, but not enough, and what do you think happens? Processes in the body that require what ever nutrient is missing begins to perform suboptimally which in turn often affects other processes in the body.

I'll use a common example everyone has heard of, scurvy. Scurvy is the clinical term for the condition where the body doesnt have ample vitamin C to support the bodies internal processes that rely on it. Scurvy is what happens when the level if vit C intake is sow low a slew of symptoms that the doc can easily see manifests and they pin a name on it. It doesnt happen over night, it takes days, weeks or even months. People seem to think that prior to having the doc label it scurvy they are fine. They have scurvy or they dont but its not a switch, a case of have or dont have, its not black and white. Prior to a clinical diagnosis you could be in seriously rough shape due to lack of vitamin C yet still not present all the clinical symptoms just not yet sever enough to warrant the label. This by no means means you are fine or in good shape, your on the road to scurvy and then death if ignored. The problem with the medical community is when it comes to nutrition they dont throw up any red flags until a patient presents with all the clinical signs that are severe enough to warrant a deficiency label yet millions are just on the other side of the line to warrant a label and suffer needlessly.

Sorry for the long winded post but I felt it had to be said. Your too young and have worked to hard to have the medical community miss what I feel is likely your underlying problem and thats malnutrition. The kind your not going to be able to overcome with food alone but requires an extensive supplementation plan.
You simply amaze me bro....great post..

Back