• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Is .25mg of ARIMIDEX really enough if taken once a week for trt

badboys

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My dad had high estrogen levels when doing his blood work. His doctor gave him Arimidex to take and told him to take one tab a week. There .25 caps. His levels was 97.8 and 7.6-42.6 was normal range for a male. Is this enough Arimidex to take to do the job or what should he do? They want him back in two months to have blood work done. He is 75 years old by the way and on trt.

they did the same to my step dad...there protocol is far different from ours due to the fact once a/i s are issued insurance will drop the patient from hrt therapy.....And being on im sure less than 200mg ew injections or cream then .25 eod is roughly 1mg ew so ya this woukd work...only bloods, time adjusting doses will tell....

In my experience with insur and hrt through my GP is he can put me on hrt no prob but if I am one of the unlucky few that get gyno or hi estro then the treatment has to be stopped because they will not prescribe or cover a/I ....My dr. Wont even test for estrogen because if its a factor then my treatment is done...
j know a few people for fact this has happened to in my area...even with elevated rbc or hemoglobin, hemocrit the same...therapy is stopped and they will not pay for hrt..

I have United health care and they cover my Anastrozole. 1mg daily is what I got my doc to prescribe.

He will need labs before they will adjust the dose. Its standard.

This is why I get my testosterone through my GP paid by insur but I do all my own bloodwork and get my own a/I ugl....clinics are different but insur is very strict and touchy on the situation ....

This is why I get my testosterone through my GP paid by insur but I do all my own bloodwork and get my own a/I ugl....clinics are different but insur is very strict and touchy on the situation ....
Never had a problem getting AI's or SERM's covered by insurance.

Mine won't cover HCG though.

In my step dads case afyer his heart surgey he was in testim and his estro got hi so they gave him arimidex to combat estro but from that point on insur wouldnt cover his testim any longer..
In my case same thing..GP tells me if I have any sides from test that need more meds or attn I will be cut of therapy imediatly...

Not sure why this is the case here but it is...

I get 200mg ew free so im not bitchin...just do my own bloods and make sure my levels are decent when he test me every 6 mths..

And yes hcg is on that list as well...
j know lots of peole that get all of the above scripted and covered and im jelly...lol

Sorry for hijack op...I think he will be fine and if not he can always up his dose after bloods

IML Gear Cream!
They said they had to make it right there in the pharmacy and only gave him 4 pills with two refills. But it would take 4 of them to equal a 1mg tab because there only .25mg. I was just thinking this is a low dose

You really need to let labs dictate if its enough or not but from seeing doses people have used over the years it would seem to be a little on the low dose side.

I can't really say if that dose is too low without knowing what protocol he's on. How much T and how often? Any other TRT meds along with it? What were his total and free T values on this last round of bloodwork?

He is on 100mg/wk and he come in at 822ng/dl on his total test. No other med is taken for trt except test cyp

thats a pretty good test # for 100 mg ew...still wouldnt think an a/i would be used unless estro was way out of whack....takes me 200 mg ew to get in that range...lol

thats a pretty good test # for 100 mg ew...still wouldnt think an a/i would be used unless estro was way out of whack....takes me 200 mg ew to get in that range...lol

I know i am the same way. Would take me closer to 200mg/wk to get up that high. He is blessed in that aspect. But his estrogen was too high so we will see on his next blood panel if this works.

I know one thing..adex makes me feel like shit so starting at the lowest dose and workin up im all for it...

My joints start hurting and insomnia plus anxiety when im in to much...if I can keep my dosing to .5 eod im usually good...1 mg a day and im screwed

Back