• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

a practical peice of gym equipment for elderly man

heckler7

IM>ASF
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
my pops has a gut and wants to get a total gym but I checked it out and I think its probably too dangerous and most likely he wont use it. but I did come accross this thing and thought it may be ok since he has a weak core and probably cant do 10 sit ups it may offer some support. Anyone have any suggestions?

41CM4PTXiWL._SY450_.jpg

my grandpa just used a mat and did sit ups, pushups, jumping jacks, and used an old case of beer (bottles) for make shift dead lifts for his back every morning 7 days a week. it kept in pretty good shape until cancer got him.

The ab rocker has been reviewed as a piece of crap.
The total gym is very useful and not very dangerous. The question comes in that will it be used. It is easy to set up and set at a lower angle, the resistance is easy and easy on old joints. If he is a large man some of the cheaper units would not work as well. The fact that you are on a platform that moves, helps activate your lymphatic system giving a sense of well being. It is soothing and older people get a benefit IF he will use it. You should be able to find used units on craigslist.

I'd suggest cardio first. Get out and walk. Most times a home gym will only last as long as your motivation does.

Back