• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

1 week of rest...and drinking

Octupi

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I leave tonight for Germany, come home Friday.

I've been training hard for the 5-6 few months so I don't see this as a bad thing. Only down side is I drink like crazy on these trips...work all day, late dinner with colleagues and lots of German beer followed by a few double Sambuca before bed.

I do try to get in 4-5 planks and 100 pushups each night before heading out for dinner. I don't mind the down week, but all the alcohol ends up making me sluggish the first week back.

If you know it's a problem don't do it.

I usually start the week of strong...holding out and maybe one beer...by the end of the week full of meetings I give in and am joining in fully. So really just a couple nights of "extra". It's not good, but I think it also keeps me a bit sane as well. Once every few months isn't terrible, I just hate the first few days back into the gym but I still push through it.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. Live life, enjoy it! Most people will never get to go to Germany so your a lucky guy. You can always get back to top shape when you get back. And if you really don't wanna go just let me know I will take your place, just fill me in on the logistics of the meeting :winkfinger:

I'm sure professional bodybuilders take time off to live life and enjoy themselves..................have fun!

Thanks guys. You're all right, I shouldn't worry about it. I'm not really to concerned, just hate the first few days back. Hey Bigtime, Germany is almost a second home to me by now. 20 trips there in the last 4 years. Last time through Amsterdam airport the passport control officer looked at my passport and asked if I lived there. I said no. He replied I should.

Haha well enjoy the trip! And bring me back some real beer and a hot german wife ;):beer:

Just go and get it out your system. Everyone needs a little splurge from time to time. First week back might suck, but i feel a little break like once a year always gets my mind right.

IML Gear Cream!
If you can handle feeling like shit for the first week back who cares? Go have fun. As long as it doesn't become a more frequent than every once in a while thing. Trying to be a fitness freak 365 days out of the year is not good for your mental health imo. Everything needs to have a balance and fun is included in that (and substance abuse for some of us lol)

If you can handle feeling like shit for the first week back who cares? Go have fun. As long as it doesn't become a more frequent than every once in a while thing. Trying to be a fitness freak 365 days out of the year is not good for your mental health imo. Everything needs to have a balance and fun is included in that (and substance abuse for some of us lol)

I agree...gotta roll with it.

Well drinking hinders recovery... so it's up to you.

Eat, drink, and be merry (for a week). Then come back and kick ass in the gym and nutrition.

Back