• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

need ideas - upper body workouts that don't use your elbows

friendofzeus

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
so i tweaked my elbow (long head connection of my tri) a couple weeks ago doing some flat DB chest presses. not a serious injury, i've ran into this 5 or 6 times over the past 8 years of lifting and it generally takes about 4-6 of non-use for it to heal up properly. I really don't want to wait that long so i picked up some bpc-157 and tb-500 which i started today but in the mean time i want to try and keep working upper body at least a little bit while it heals up. i want to stay away from anything that even involves picking up DBs.

it gets irritated from any pushing and pulling movements that involve bending my elbow, but i just realized today that i can still do flys. i'm thinking for chest i can probably do high and low flys with varying hand positions as well as flys that roughly imitate the arm movement of the most muscular pose. (not sure of the name of the last movement)

for shoulders i can still do front and lateral raises on cables and machines, shrugs on the standing calf machines and rear delts doing reverse pec dec.

for back: i'm totally stumped here. i can't really think of anything that i can do off the top of my head that doesn't involve bending my elbows. every few days i'm going to try some pull ups just to test how my elbow is feeling but i'm not going to do enough to consider it any kind of workout.

any and all suggestions for any upper body part movements that you guys can think of would be appreciated :winkfinger:

This is a reoccurring injury for me. In fact its aggravated more often then not. I found that wrapping it extremely tight with self adhesive sports tape allows me to continue with my regular routine in the gym much better.

This is a reoccurring injury for me. In fact its aggravated more often then not. I found that wrapping it extremely tight with self adhesive sports tape allows me to continue with my regular routine in the gym much better.

thanks for that, i might give that a go here shortly. that self adhesive tape fucks with my skin, i'll probably use some of the under dressing or whatever it's called first.

Pullovers with a bar, db, cables, or machine can be used for back or chest. I hope that you heal up quick.

I've never done these, but it sounds like a variation on pullovers where you bent your torso as if you were going to do rows, with a cable machine in front of you.

Hold the bar as if you were standing with it over your head except your body is bent in the middle. Get tension on the bar from the cable machine and then pull it done with straight arms until your arms are 90 degrees with the floor.

Catch my drift or does that sound really confusing? Again, never tried it but it sounds like it will work the back xD

Back