• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

lower back pain HELP

TheOne23

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My lower back has been sore the last 2 weeks. I have not been able to squat or deadlift because im afraid pain will get worst.

Could pinning glutes affect lower back pain?

How long have you pinning(in general) like this is your usual spot,how often do you pin each glute,also I have had a similar issue but it was more pressure really,would stop me from squating and or deads,or bent over rows. Does it stay in lower back or does it stem down to either leg?

Been on trt for 2yrs. I alternate between delts and glutes while crusing. I pin once a week during my cruise.

Currently Im on week 3 out of 8 of my blast. I pin glutes once a week...

Pain stays on my lower back

Does the pain radiate anywhere else, or is it localized to the low-back? Take a look at a Dermatome chart, it outlines the nerve paths and related pain. For example: I fucked up my lower back on Monday doing deadlifts, today the pain radiates down towards my left trochanter and lateral gluteus. According to the chart most likely it is stemming from a left directed L5/S1 Disk injury. Just a thought, it may assist you if you decide to seek treatment.

SpinewDermatomeMapThumb-2.jpg

Probably. See a deep tissue person and a chiropractor.
I have an appt in a few days. We will see how it goes...

Does the pain radiate anywhere else, or is it localized to the low-back? Take a look at a Dermatome chart, it outlines the nerve paths and related pain. For example: I fucked up my lower back on Monday doing deadlifts, today the pain radiates down towards my left trochanter and lateral gluteus. According to the chart most likely it is stemming from a left directed L5/S1 Disk injury. Just a thought, it may assist you if you decide to seek treatment.

SpinewDermatomeMapThumb-2.jpg

Yeah pain stays in the lower back. More on one the left side...

Yes!

Foam roll helps a lil bit. But pain keeps coming back...

foam roll a LOT like 3-5 times a day until it hurts.... and one word.. yoga
you tube yoga for tight back and legs...
your calves are probably extra tight and crappy too

pick one...do it

foam roll a LOT like 3-5 times a day until it hurts.... and one word.. yoga
you tube yoga for tight back and legs...
your calves are probably extra tight and crappy too

pick one...do it

Ill give it a try ! Thanks girl... is that you in your Avi?

Weak glutes. Nothing else causes excessive chronic low pack pain. Got tight hamstrings? Because you have weak glutes.

Like Shakira said, the hips don't lie.

I have pinched nerves in my lower spine so I feel your pain brother man. Lots of good options listed. Keep us updated!

Last edited:
Every time I put a few pounds on, my lower back pumps are insane sore and painful... I drop a few pounds and then I feel better

lift till ya puke

Weak glutes. Nothing else causes excessive chronic low pack pain. Got tight hamstrings? Because you have weak glutes.

Like Shakira said, the hips don't lie.

Weak glutes? thats the first time i hear this, please explain your theory as i am going to try every suggestion on this thread.

I need to work on my flexibility , just tried some yoga and it wasnt pretty .

also, pain is worst in the morning, thinking i need a new mattress

Weak glutes? thats the first time i hear this, please explain your theory as i am going to try every suggestion on this thread.

I need to work on my flexibility , just tried some yoga and it wasnt pretty .

also, pain is worst in the morning, thinking i need a new mattress

I'm excluding skeletal issues with the glute weakness. (Even though strong glutes to begin with could have prevented that) However if it's your lumbar erectors getting painfully tight, it's because your glutes aren't doing their job. Weak glutes cause your lumbar erectors to make up for the load that your glutes should be doing. Weak glutes also cause your pelvic to tilt, in-turn causing tight hamstrings.

America is a "gluteless society." Thus the mass widespread low back problems that plague millions of Americans.

No amount of stretching and foam rolling is going to fix tight lumbar erectors from weak glutes.

Everyone has all these weird aches and pains and tries to find the most scientific explanation of how and why, when the most viable solution is to simply get stronger.

Get Shredded!
^^^^What is the best exercise in ur opinion, for strong glutes??? ^^^^

lift till ya puke

squats of all varieties, lunges and as unpopular as it is because its somehow been labeled as crossfit...but, kettlebell swings will bust your ass like fricken crazy

No amount of stretching and foam rolling is going to fix tight lumbar erectors from weak glutes.

Everyone has all these weird aches and pains and tries to find the most scientific explanation of how and why, when the most viable solution is to simply get stronger.

right..but overly tight quads and hams will prevent your glutes from firing in most exercise because they're used to doing the work....

^^^^What is the best exercise in ur opinion, for strong glutes??? ^^^^

lift till ya puke
Hip thrusts and barbell glute bridges. Easily. Some of the greatest activation you'll find of the glutes.
If you have under active glutes, squats likely will not help, as your quads will dominate the movement; see it all the time it's very common.
That's why i chuckle when I hear people tell women squats for a nice ass. It may work, but if you have overactive quads/under active glutes you are most likely going to create further imbalances

squats of all varieties, lunges and as unpopular as it is because its somehow been labeled as crossfit...but, kettlebell swings will bust your ass like fricken crazy
From between legs in squat position toes out... To an up right standing position with kettle ball over head????

lift till ya puke

From between legs in squat position toes out... To an up right standing position with kettle ball over head????

lift till ya puke

Like littlelady said, glute bridges, hip thrusts, hip pullthroughs and glute ham raise are the best for glute activation. Squats and lunges are drastically inferior if you have weak glutes. They are commonly the origin of the problem. You keep squatting with weak glutes and you're going to keep over devoloping the muscles that are used to taking over thus causing more problems. The main problem is most people just simply don't know how to engage the glutes correctly.

right..but overly tight quads and hams will prevent your glutes from firing in most exercise because they're used to doing the work....

They're used to doing the work because they are being overworked from having weak glutes. It's an extremely common problem.

Really learning a lot from this ^

Thanks. Keep it coming!

I am going to incorporate some of this movements to my split. On leg day or back day

Yes me too. Thinking I need to rethink my entire approach..!!!

lift till ya puke

Back