• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Wait time in between reps

johnjohn

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I no everyone is different but what's the average time in between reps do you rest before starting again. With me I only give it a min or two then back at it jus looking for a little feed back thanks

About a minute. I don't like spending all day in the gym so I kind of just get in and get my shit done

2mins clocked...dats my sweet spot

Long enough to add/remove weight and a few seconds to catch my breath. Don't time it, but I'm is a rush to get so I can take a nap before going to work.

10 seconds

DC training/rest-pause FTMFW

For BBing you want to wait for 1 - 1.5 min . Enough time for your breathing to return to normal or almost . Not too much time as to allow the blood to flow out of the muscle . Some guys go quicker to burn calories or get some cardio effect but you don't want a set to fail because you are out of breath . For Pwr lifting the wait is much longer 2 - 5 min .

IML Gear Cream!
The minimum time required to support the pain of the next set, I usually take about 1 minute.....

I never keep track of this. Whatever amount of time necessary for me to feel like I'm able to perform the next set with maximum intensity. This varies with whatever muscle group I'm training. For biceps, maybe 1:00 - 1:30, for squats 2-5 mins.

I never keep track of this. Whatever amount of time necessary for me to feel like I'm able to perform the next set with maximum intensity. This varies with whatever muscle group I'm training. For biceps, maybe 1:00 - 1:30, for squats 2-5 mins.
x2 i tend to wait until my breathing slows again as well. I sweat alot, breathe heavily. I don't to be out of breath trying to put up heavier weight.

Depends on the exercise and what my goal is.. Heavy compound manly movements I take 3 to 8 minutes. Little gay bullshit exercises like bodybuilding? 30 seconds to 1 minute.

I really do appreciate the feed back guys I'm jus in beast mode and im trying to make sure I'm not going to fast and pull something im 37 and going all out and I appreciate all the feed back brothers thanks

I time 90 seconds between sets and 2 minutes between excercises. If I'm lifting heavier working towards a 1RM 2-3 minutes between sets.

When I was bbing, depending on the body part, no more than 90 sec. Sometimes 10 sec with triceps. Mostly just enough time for me heart rate to go from overload to just fast. Powerlifting is my new focus so it's 5-7 mminutes between main work sets.

X3

Depends on what I'm doing. If I'm working in the 1-5 rep ranges I'll sometimes rest for 4-5 minutes. Sometimes there's maybe 10 seconds of rest.
If you're in tune with your body you'll know how much rest time you need

Get Shredded!
Depends on what I'm doing. If I'm working in the 1-5 rep ranges I'll sometimes rest for 4-5 minutes. Sometimes there's maybe 10 seconds of rest.
If you're in tune with your body you'll know how much rest time you need

^^^^ This x 100000

Back