• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs Super 1-Andro Cream® A Transermal 1-Andro - On Sale $59.99!🔥

Filtration

mhunter

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys, new to the forum. Found tons of helpful info here, thanks. So Im looking for some info or ideas of filtration. I have been using whatman zapcap bottle top filters and hand vaccum pumps. I lose vaccum alot. Sometimes it will hold vacuum until its completely done filtering, other times ill have to pump it up every 10 minutes until its done. Any ideas why? Would a different brand of filter be better? Also interested in an electric vacuum pump to replace the 4 hand ones I use. Anyone know of a good electric setup? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Been the hand pump route and had the same problem. No idea what caused it. Sometimes it worked great and other times I needed to babysit it. Now, I've got a GAST 0531 oil less. Oil less is the only way to go! I can be used for vacuum or pressure. I also like the PALL Gelman Lab VacuCap 90mm 0.2um that has 0.8 pre filter. I get more filter life than the straight .2um.
[h=2][/h]

Got a question about filters... I have read that the gear goes through slowly.... like a drip a second for room temp oil base? mine started out (.45) slow then just started to flow at about 10 drops /second. I used only my fingers for pressure. I am pretty sure the filter broke as the flow rate was the same when I changed to a .22. I had 5 of each (.45u &.22u size 25mm round filter ), and after initial slow flow they all just went quickly.... used 15 ml at a time with a 20ml syringe. ... I am in China so I can get stuff here too cheap, but I think the cheap filters are a problem... not sure what to do about that too, as I am sure customs will stop any medical filters getting here.... if I can even pursuade the mfg. to ship to China .... any suggestions as to what i might try? I can get millipore .45 but only very small filter in diameter. 13 i think. I have 90 ml of gear to filter.

Back