• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Test re-engaging puberty?

Ronthebadass

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Prior to TRT 7 weeks ago, I had some check hair, as well as armpit hair and a cracked voice.

I am now in serious training to hopefully become a world class athlete - I get bloods done regularly and my T has never been above 8.3

Got sent to a clinic that everyone gets sent to, put on 350mg Test a week (200 pro/150 cyp) and .3mg Adex. High dosage, but my T has always been low throughout my teenage years (19 now) and the Dr basically said he wants me where I should have been as soon as possible.

7 weeks in, hair growing and spreading all over my arms, chest/stomach, shoulders and back as well as face. My voice is also getting deeper.

I haven't spoken to the Dr about this yet, but is it possible I stopped going through puberty at some point and this kinda got it back in to gear, or that my T was so low that is just didn't have enough oomph to really get me going in terms of development?

Just wondering for some perspective, not really seeing muscle gain yet, but recovery from workouts is bomb. Run all day, wake up feeling like it never happened :D

Yes, I started TRT really early, but really guys, with levels of 200, why the fuck would I wait? Ganna be on it no matter what when I'm 40, might as well get use to it and this is a life dream of mine (professional athlete) so I'm going for it.

Thanks guys!

I have experienced some of this as well. I'm 45 and have a significant increase in hair on my back and forearms; slightly on chest. Voice is deepening as well. Labs are all normal. I started out with total test at something like 210. Now it is closer to 400.

If your doctor wants you where you "should have been". Then 350/week is way to damn high. 150/week would have put you a lot closer to normal. If that is what you wanted.

I don't think you re-engaged puberty, lol. But the added hair growth etc is from the high dose of test. The male hormone. Common side effect. Have your balls started shrinking yet? That's not a sign of puberty. Quite the opposite. By supplementing with test you are shutting down your natural production.

If your doctor wants you where you "should have been". Then 350/week is way to damn high. 150/week would have put you a lot closer to normal. If that is what you wanted.

I don't think you re-engaged puberty, lol. But the added hair growth etc is from the high dose of test. The male hormone. Common side effect. Have your balls started shrinking yet? That's not a sign of puberty. Quite the opposite. By supplementing with test you are shutting down your natural production.

Totally agree, 350 a week is a cycle, not TRT.

350 might be a weak cycle for some but around here it's mostly a cruise dose. You'll see a lot of guys having settled into 300mg/wk as their bare minimum and never falling below it.

As for the pubertal resurgence, I felt like I had the same effect. New, thicker, darker hair on chest, belly, a deepening voice, even some changes in my face that removed a bunch of softness (not necessarily good from the female perspective). All this in my mid-40's. If my test had been at a healthy level back in my teens I would've had all these effects then but instead they were delayed 30 years.

agreed that alot of test for your situation and yes test causes hair growth,deeper voice etc etc,,,,as stone said your balls will tell you soon..lol ask doc for some hcg...no need for small balls at 19 your still trying to prove a point damit.

350 might be a weak cycle for some but around here it's mostly a cruise dose. You'll see a lot of guys having settled into 300mg/wk as their bare minimum and never falling below it.

Just because lot of guys cruise on that doesnt make it right or healthy.

To be quite honest a lot of the guys using tons of juice are no where near the size I would expect them to be based on the amount and duration they have been using. This all tells me they are focusing on the wrong aspects and in the long run their health will likely suffer. Many in the older crowd can likely sympathize with my comments, those who are younger still feel invincible. Their bodies, their choice but there is something to be said for slow, steady and safe gains over time.

To be quite honest a lot of the guys using tons of juice are no where near the size I would expect them to be based on the amount and duration they have been using. This all tells me they are focusing on the wrong aspects and in the long run their health will likely suffer. Many in the older crowd can likely sympathize with my comments, those who are younger still feel invincible. Their bodies, their choice but there is something to be said for slow, steady and safe gains over time.

Maybe not but the opposite hasn't been proven either. We had a thread on this recently. There's just not a lot in the way of long term studies on guys using slightly-supraphysiological doses of test (300mg/wk being a good benchmark) to determine if the effects on the cardiovascular system is significant or simply theoretical.

While it's true that some guys are "using tons of juice" in an unwise manner, we also have some long-time vets here who cruise on 300 mg/wk, have done the research, and determined it's the best course of action for them. So it's not just noobs doing that cruise dose.

If I recall correctly a couple of these vets are HeavyIron and GSRacer (where the hell is that guy?) and it'd be cool to get their input here.

Maybe not but the opposite hasn't been proven either.

Maybe not directly but long term elevated RBC etc has shown to cause damage to the heart and its also a side of having elevated T.

Maybe its my old age but I just dont need to be the biggest or stongest guy walking around any more. Having said that I have no problems holding steady at 250lbs and about 13-15%bf or so at 5'11" so I am not small by any means and this is all easily done without a strict diet and with test levels around 800.

Prior to TRT 7 weeks ago, I had some check hair, as well as armpit hair and a cracked voice.

I am now in serious training to hopefully become a world class athlete - I get bloods done regularly and my T has never been above 8.3

Got sent to a clinic that everyone gets sent to, put on 350mg Test a week (200 pro/150 cyp) and .3mg Adex. High dosage, but my T has always been low throughout my teenage years (19 now) and the Dr basically said he wants me where I should have been as soon as possible.

7 weeks in, hair growing and spreading all over my arms, chest/stomach, shoulders and back as well as face. My voice is also getting deeper.

I haven't spoken to the Dr about this yet, but is it possible I stopped going through puberty at some point and this kinda got it back in to gear, or that my T was so low that is just didn't have enough oomph to really get me going in terms of development?

Just wondering for some perspective, not really seeing muscle gain yet, but recovery from workouts is bomb. Run all day, wake up feeling like it never happened :D

Yes, I started TRT really early, but really guys, with levels of 200, why the fuck would I wait? Ganna be on it no matter what when I'm 40, might as well get use to it and this is a life dream of mine (professional athlete) so I'm going for it.

Thanks guys!
at only 19 your doc is a dumbass for putting you on trt... you might be a late bloomer, not worth messing that up.. if by age 24-25 you are having issues then go on hrt , IMO

IML Gear Cream!

As for the pubertal resurgence, I felt like I had the same effect. New, thicker, darker hair on chest, belly, a deepening voice, even some changes in my face that removed a bunch of softness (not necessarily good from the female perspective). All this in my mid-40's. If my test had been at a healthy level back in my teens I would've had all these effects then but instead they were delayed 30 years.

That doesn't mean it's right. Rarely, and I mean rarely, does one require more than 200 /week to maintain the lab range of 350-1200ng/

yeah I agree at age 19 that's far too young to be on TRT unless absolutely necessary. I would have tried alternatives to raising T levels before going to TRT

That doesn't mean it's right. Rarely, and I mean rarely, does one require more than 200 /week to maintain the lab range of 350-1200ng/

Yeah I'm not saying it's right, only that it's interesting that a bunch of well-informed vets here have decided on the higher cruise dosage. It makes me second-guess my own predilection towards a more conservative 150-200 for fear of stoking negative effects on my cardiovascular system. But again, the evidence is thin that just slightly supraphysiological doses i.e. 300 or so will cause harm. We have that evidence for larger doses but I haven't seen it for the moderate ones.

I'm actually a person that hopes the 300 to 600 rang once a week is fairly safe

caveman72 using not abusing

If bloods are within range whats prob?

If bloods are within range whats prob?

Thats the big IF and I will concede that IF they are not elevated or close to bust upper limit then your risk is greatly reduced. Having said that, extended cruise doses of 300, based on labs I have seen, combined with frequent cycles, more often than not puts someone in a position of risk.

Thats the big IF and I will concede that IF they are not elevated or close to bust upper limit then your risk is greatly reduced. Having said that, extended cruise doses of 300, based on labs I have seen, combined with frequent cycles, more often than not puts someone in a position of risk.

I played around with my TRT dosage over the last year; get three 10ml bottles of watson Cyp from doc every 6 months so that gives me room for adjustment. Once I got to 300mg/wk i started to noticed side effects. Hypertension, water weight, sore nipples. This was with no AI. For me personally I believe the most I can cruise with and not have to run AI or have sides is 250/wk. I also found the minimum dose to feel good was 150/wk. Didn't try 125 but at 100/wk had symptoms of low T. So my TRT/cruise range is 150-250.

Last edited:

Doctor is trying to speed up the process, I forget the tanner scale but I was around about the development of a 14 year old before TRT.

Balls are all shrunk up, although they recently got slightly bigger again which is nice, and I know my natural T will most likely shut down but am unconcerned as it wasn't enough T to start with.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agree, 350 a week is a cycle, not TRT.

You aint ganna see nothing on a 350mg cycle if you cruise 200mg, lol.

That's awesome about the pubertal resurgence, glad to hear others feel the same! Unfortunately I'm getting in grown hairs on my arms and legs though, but the Dr says most people have that and there isn't a cure.

Starting to see signs of losing face softness... losy 30lbs so far, and gained an inch to the guns as well :D

agreed that alot of test for your situation and yes test causes hair growth,deeper voice etc etc,,,,as stone said your balls will tell you soon..lol ask doc for some hcg...no need for small balls at 19 your still trying to prove a point damit.

It is a fair bit but I am not very daunted by it at this point, giving blood 4 times a year and eating vegan for the most part.

Hahahaha, I am trying to prove a point, you're right! I hear some stuff about decreasing effectiveness of HCG over the years though, so should I save it for when I wanna have some pups?

Get Shredded!
Maybe not directly but long term elevated RBC etc has shown to cause damage to the heart and its also a side of having elevated T.

Maybe its my old age but I just dont need to be the biggest or stongest guy walking around any more. Having said that I have no problems holding steady at 250lbs and about 13-15%bf or so at 5'11" so I am not small by any means and this is all easily done without a strict diet and with test levels around 800.

RBC can be managed through giving blood, aspirin, etc... is it really a worry, especially at this dose?

at only 19 your doc is a dumbass for putting you on trt... you might be a late bloomer, not worth messing that up.. if by age 24-25 you are having issues then go on hrt , IMO

220ng/L at 19 does not seem like a late bloomer, I was suffering health effects already, and I didn't want to keep dealing with them for 6 years, just to realise I needed to start. Especially knowing I'd be on TRT at 30 regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

True, my labs are 35nm/L on day 7.

yeah I agree at age 19 that's far too young to be on TRT unless absolutely necessary. I would have tried alternatives to raising T levels before going to TRT

Tried everything, went to I think 6 different docs and Endos... all had another take on it. Then I got more involved in sports and went higher up. They saw my test and sent me to the clinic ASAP.

You aint ganna see nothing on a 350mg cycle if you cruise 200mg, lol.

I would agree that if your not seeing anything on a cruise dose of 200mg then 350 will likely be of little additional benefit but that just highlightes my point. If you cant make decent slow and steady long term gains on 200mg a week then your doing something wrong.

RBC can be managed through giving blood, aspirin, etc... is it really a worry, especially at this dose?

lol, really? Turn to more drugs to deal with sides you dont even need to deal with in the first place? Long term aspirine use has its sides as well.

I was young once running gram plus cycles, looking for the next great PED for that extra edge in the gym. I wasnt a monster, 265lbs at 12% bf or so at 5'10.5" but a respectable size none the less.

Now here I am 10+ years older and I walk around at a comfortable 250lbs and around 13-14%bf (which for mid 40's is considered pretty decent). At an age when most people start falling apart I maintain my mass on nothing more than 100mg wk test and a little hcg. I also do a fair amount of cardio and while certainly will never be a track star I have much greater cardio health than I did when I was running large cycles.

I look around me today and I see guys that are my height with many cycles under their belt struggling to even hit 225 and can only dream of 250lbs. They constantly go after larger and larger cycles, taking more drugs to counteract the sides of the PEDS yet still they struggle. We are seeing young guys with low T and a myriad of other health problems as well as older guys who are falling apart with tendon issues from years of lifting, depression, anxiety, gut problems and you name it.

The lack of progress, even on large cycles AND all these health issues are not isolated but related.

Performance enhancing drugs are a very powerful tool but alone they do nothing. They enhance internal bodily processes but those internal processes still have needs and requirements. All the PED's in the world can not overcome a shortage of essential elements for the bodies inner workings. When there is a shortage of required material for these inner processes PED use can actually exacerbate the problem causing the ramped up PED aided processes to steal resources that are needed elsewhere in the body for other things.

220ng/L at 19 does not seem like a late bloomer, I was suffering health effects already, and I didn't want to keep dealing with them for 6 years, just to realise I needed to start. Especially knowing I'd be on TRT at 30 regardless.

Good for you for taking charge of your health. :winkfinger:

Certainly you have to listen first to the perennial advice about diet, exercise, and sleep to see if you're screwing up the basics. But I have to disagree a bit with the other guys here and say that some of us have low T even at a young age and that is perfectly legitimate to try to fix medically. If I could go back in time I'd start some form of T therapy at age 14! It was low and fucked me up in many ways, for decades. I'd've probably started on something simple like aromasin or low-dose clomid, but definitely something instead of nothing. For your case of 220ng/dL that sort of thing won't work and you need full TRT. I wouldn't settle for anything less than 1,000. If you're going through the trouble to buy and pin the stuff, you may as well put yourself at the 90% percentile which is still a physiological level.

And even aside from TRT needs, we have some vets in the forum that have started on gear as early as 20 and I haven't seen them express disappointment or regret at that decision. Here, we all know that life is better on higher T.

There's a price to be paid if you had naturally good T levels and then afterwards you're stuck on TRT for life, but for those of us needing TRT to begin with it's a moot point. TRT for life is much better than low T even for a few years.

I would agree that if your not seeing anything on a cruise dose of 200mg then 350 will likely be of little additional benefit but that just highlightes my point. If you cant make decent slow and steady long term gains on 200mg a week then your doing something wrong.

lol, really? Turn to more drugs to deal with sides you dont even need to deal with in the first place? Long term aspirine use has its sides as well.

I was young once running gram plus cycles, looking for the next great PED for that extra edge in the gym. I wasnt a monster, 265lbs at 12% bf or so at 5'10.5" but a respectable size none the less.

Now here I am 10+ years older and I walk around at a comfortable 250lbs and around 13-14%bf (which for mid 40's is considered pretty decent). At an age when most people start falling apart I maintain my mass on nothing more than 100mg wk test and a little hcg. I also do a fair amount of cardio and while certainly will never be a track star I have much greater cardio health than I did when I was running large cycles.

I look around me today and I see guys that are my height with many cycles under their belt struggling to even hit 225 and can only dream of 250lbs. They constantly go after larger and larger cycles, taking more drugs to counteract the sides of the PEDS yet still they struggle. We are seeing young guys with low T and a myriad of other health problems as well as older guys who are falling apart with tendon issues from years of lifting, depression, anxiety, gut problems and you name it.

The lack of progress, even on large cycles AND all these health issues are not isolated but related.

Performance enhancing drugs are a very powerful tool but alone they do nothing. They enhance internal bodily processes but those internal processes still have needs and requirements. All the PED's in the world can not overcome a shortage of essential elements for the bodies inner workings. When there is a shortage of required material for these inner processes PED use can actually exacerbate the problem causing the ramped up PED aided processes to steal resources that are needed elsewhere in the body for other things.

I know you're trying hard to make me out to be some lazy fat ass who doesn't know shit, and can't train to save his life is but the fact is it's quite the opposite, so please stop.

You're now continually putting words in my mouth. I would not use aspirin if I didn't need it and I don't, as my blood pressure is very low.

Didn't really ask for your life story to be honest.

Good for you for taking charge of your health. :winkfinger:

Certainly you have to listen first to the perennial advice about diet, exercise, and sleep to see if you're screwing up the basics. But I have to disagree a bit with the other guys here and say that some of us have low T even at a young age and that is perfectly legitimate to try to fix medically. If I could go back in time I'd start some form of T therapy at age 14! It was low and fucked me up in many ways, for decades. I'd've probably started on something simple like aromasin or low-dose clomid, but definitely something instead of nothing. For your case of 220ng/dL that sort of thing won't work and you need full TRT. I wouldn't settle for anything less than 1,000. If you're going through the trouble to buy and pin the stuff, you may as well put yourself at the 90% percentile which is still a physiological level.

And even aside from TRT needs, we have some vets in the forum that have started on gear as early as 20 and I haven't seen them express disappointment or regret at that decision. Here, we all know that life is better on higher T.

There's a price to be paid if you had naturally good T levels and then afterwards you're stuck on TRT for life, but for those of us needing TRT to begin with it's a moot point. TRT for life is much better than low T even for a few years.

Boom, Choclatemalt knows what he's talking about!!

Thank you for that!! Appreciate it. I definitely am and do, I know I need to eat well as does anyone regardless of their medical situation. Seriously though, all I eat is mostly grains, seeds, nuts and fruits with usually some form of meat for diiner, but not always.

Exactly, for whatever reason some guys just have low T, andI'm definitely not the worst off. There are guys around my age running around with levels of 50ng/L, suffering and people just keep tellng them they're lazy and need to workout more, lol. Exactly... I hear of guys showing signs of osteoporosis at 30 because of low T, elevated Estrogen for years... no thank you, and then the mental side effects. I was a 19 year old that couldn't stay hard so my Endo tried to prescribe me Viagra, lol.

Definitely and I realise I might be going overkill, but oh well, making up for lost time. Eventually I will maybe lower the dose though.

Nah, exactly, and they're not dropping dead either. Thank you :)

Bingo, people warn me of my natural T production being shut down, but it wasn't enough to begin with so that doesn't phase me. And let's face it, with my levels, no matter how hard I tried by the time I am 30 I will need TRT regardless of anything.

I know you're trying hard to make me out to be some lazy fat ass who doesn't know shit, and can't train to save his life is but the fact is it's quite the opposite, so please stop.

Thats the farthest from my intentions but since your obviously butt hurt I wont waste time saying any more.

Back