• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

First Cycle/Bloodwork

Five3ByFive3

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey all, I'm new to the forum and to using gear, looking for some sound advice about my first cycle and bloodwork. I'm currently:
  • 5'3"
  • 140lbs
  • Training heavy for 3 years, 4 days a week; sound diet, high carb intake, about 150-200gs protein daily, spaced over 6 meals.
  • Looking to gain 10-20 more lbs of muscle

The majority of Info I've read in different forums online suggest some kind of anti-aromatase from the start of the cycle (planning on using Test Cyp, 200mg twice a week for 8 weeks, then 200mg/week for 6 weeks), but some of my friends, who have been using gear for years tell me I don't really need anything like that until the end of my cycle, at which time they suggest Clomid and Nolvadex. I want to do this right and minimize any side effects. My questions are:should I be stacking the Test with anything else? Are Clomid and Nolvadex good for my first cycle PCT? Would taking a natural test booster (to maintain my natural production) be a waste while on cycle?

Also, I'm having bloodwork done weekly, to monitor hormone and cholesterol levels (which I read can be affected by certain ancillaries). What specifically should I monitor? Current levels are:
  • Testosterone: 577
  • Estrogen: 26.99
  • Total Cholesterol: 187
  • Good Cholesterol: 63
  • LDL(bad cholesterol): 164
Any and all input appreciated! Much respect.

Ok plain and simple... Run 400 mg test c for your whole cycle, run either formeron, arimidex, or aromasin during cycle and through pct... Begin clomid and nolvadex two weeks after last pin of cyp.., run ai ( formeron, Adex, aromasin) from start if cycle to end of pct... Dose for adex usually .5 mg Ed for aromasin 12.5 Ed formeron 1 pump a day maybe more... Might want to use hcg I'll let others get into that

I highly recommend reading Heavyirons thread on first cycle and pct. Its a sticky and is a very responsible approach for you to follow and see quality results from your first cycle.

MidWest

Righteous, thank you!

Yeah, my homegirl running the test had told me it's high, normal is about 140. I'm in awesome shape, don't know my BF % yet, going to have it measured tonight. I had eaten a whole pizza 4 hours prior to the test, I'm thinking that's why LDL was high. Gonna only have a protein shake and greens on Monday, when I go for the next test, I'll post results.

Also, I do not have access to aromasin adex, or formiron. I have access to clomid and nolva, and can get liquid letro- will that be a fine AI during this cycle?

Blood work update:

Been on the Test Cyp for one week, done two pins at 200mg/each, and recent bloodwork showed:

• Testosterone: >1530.00 ng/dL (the lab test capped at 1530)
  • Estrogen: 38.52
  • LDL: 143
  • Total Cholesterol: 173

Gained 3 lbs in the last week so far. The results above are without an AI. I started Formeron today, we'll see how it all treats me. Would using creatine while on test increase my water retention? I get new blood results next wednesday; should I be monitoring any other hormone levels?

Yeah, it tripled in one week; I heard it takes around two weeks for it to kick in, but it's kicking off nicely. If that's a fast increase, should I be more concerned about side effects?

Yeah, my homegirl running the test had told me it's high, normal is about 140. I'm in awesome shape, don't know my BF % yet, going to have it measured tonight. I had eaten a whole pizza 4 hours prior to the test, I'm thinking that's why LDL was high. Gonna only have a protein shake and greens on Monday, when I go for the next test, I'll post results.

Fish Oil, bro. http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=149040&catid=288376&aid=338666&aparam=goobase_filler

Good stuff, thanks for the info so far!

Wanted to check in with you guys.
Recent blood results:
  • Test: >1530
  • Estrogen: 33

Looks like the Formeron is working well. Just got another vial of test c from my source, is darker yellow than the last; does this mean anything at all? I'm only using test and Formeron on this cycle. Should I be using HCG too?

Thanks. What's your opinion about using HCG?

Only one cycle behind me but I'm a big fan of HCG already. It reverses and prevents testicle ascension, something that women react quite badly to (got a couple samplings on that... tough one to explain, too.)

It also boosts test levels a bit since the testes are kept running, prevents shrinkage, and speeds up PCT.

Right on brother, thank you. Gonna order some. Much respect. You go IM with that?

Get Shredded!
Right on brother, thank you. Gonna order some. Much respect. You go IM with that?

Glad to help, bro. Nah on the IM -- I used to, but it seemed like it just created unnecessary scar tissue and hassle for the muscle, and subcutaneous pins should be just as effective from what I've read. Much easier and quicker to slin-pin it in the belly.

Great, thanks for the feedback! I'm three weeks in to the cycle, gained 13 lbs so far using test C from AMA. I know some of that is water retention, but is there a ball park of how much I should expect to gain and then lose when I come off? I've heard about 30% of my gains will be lost later.

Back