• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Spotting people you don't know

dylanvib4

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Tonight I was hit with something new. Warmed up chest and went to the incline bench, put up two sets before I started stretching out my shoulders some. Rotator cuffs are pretty ground. During this time some kid comes up to me and asks for a spot, so naturally I say sure. He's about 6'2" looks like he plays basketball, obviously not trying to put on too much weight. Either way he says he wants to hit 245 for 3. I nod my head. He lays down and starts breathing heavily, closes his eyes. I go to help him up and he rips out his headphones an says no no no! I don't need help off.
...okay...........
I help him up, then head back and get my third set in. After my fourth and last he asks for a spot again. 275. This time he says okay okay, so again I don't need help off, but hold the bar firmly okay? I'm going to do one, then a couple negatives. You know what those are right? ....I want to fucking punch this kid. He spouts out some shit his nutritionist said and blah blah blah but okay...hold it firmly okay because it's like a psychological thing. After his negative I almost just dropped the bar on him and walked away. Fuckin a man little fuckers like that make me not want to spot anybody anymore.

I don't mind spotting people, and I need a spot here and there as well. But god damn kid grow a fucking pair of balls an lift that shit.

You pointed him out to me tonight and I can say with much certainty that 275lbs was way outta his league.

But it's okay skull cap guy and Steve Nash are my boys right? They can take our weight and waste my time.

In the future consider the following two options when he asks your for assistance

Don't clean your sweat. Tilt your head over and down. Allow the sweat to bead on your nose tip. Wait for his working set and bang right in his eye!

go to the bathroom take off your undies stand over him so he has to look at your bean bag up your short leg.

In the future consider the following two options when he asks your for assistance

Don't clean your sweat. Tilt your head over and down. Allow the sweat to bead on your nose tip. Wait for his working set and bang right in his eye!

go to the bathroom take off your undies stand over him so he has to look at your bean bag up your short leg.

He actually asked me to do both of those things I thought something was a little off about him...no winning with this kid haha

Tonight I was hit with something new. Warmed up chest and went to the incline bench, put up two sets before I started stretching out my shoulders some. Rotator cuffs are pretty ground. During this time some kid comes up to me and asks for a spot, so naturally I say sure. He's about 6'2" looks like he plays basketball, obviously not trying to put on too much weight. Either way he says he wants to hit 245 for 3. I nod my head. He lays down and starts breathing heavily, closes his eyes. I go to help him up and he rips out his headphones an says no no no! I don't need help off.
...okay...........
I help him up, then head back and get my third set in. After my fourth and last he asks for a spot again. 275. This time he says okay okay, so again I don't need help off, but hold the bar firmly okay? I'm going to do one, then a couple negatives. You know what those are right? ....I want to fucking punch this kid. He spouts out some shit his nutritionist said and blah blah blah but okay...hold it firmly okay because it's like a psychological thing. After his negative I almost just dropped the bar on him and walked away. Fuckin a man little fuckers like that make me not want to spot anybody anymore.

I don't mind spotting people, and I need a spot here and there as well. But god damn kid grow a fucking pair of balls an lift that shit.

I don't spot strangers and I never ask for a spot.

This should be added to the "why is there always that guy at the gym thread." hahaha

I dont spot anyone anymore for that reason, i tell them i have a bad back. I do spot my wife because i always try to touch her nipples.

lol. i asked for a spot on decline bench the other night. this guy is walking around with no game plan at all. so i said "hey man, can i get a spot if you dont mind".... he sighs and rolls his eyes and said "huh, sure i guess... why not". i just smiled and said "nah, nevermind".

I don't trust people I don't know to spot me....that shit can be dangerous

lol. i asked for a spot on decline bench the other night. this guy is walking around with no game plan at all. so i said "hey man, can i get a spot if you dont mind".... he sighs and rolls his eyes and said "huh, sure i guess... why not". i just smiled and said "nah, nevermind".
Yeah if a spot is going to be a chore or a really big deal fuck that...you did the right thing what a douche.
I don't trust people I don't know to spot me....that shit can be dangerous
I usually weigh it by how many times I've seen somebody at my gym. How much weight I've seen them put up. If I'd like a spot that badly and the normals aren't there I just cut my losses.

I asked for a spot yesterday from some stranger. I think it was the first time a stranger ever asked because he looked terrified and asked me how much weight it was lol. It wasn't much at all (I have a pussy bench) but I assured him I'm just coming back from an injury and testing my elbow and that all he was gonna have to do was stand there and maybe grab it if I yelled at him.

I asked for a spot yesterday from some stranger. I think it was the first time a stranger ever asked because he looked terrified and asked me how much weight it was lol. It wasn't much at all (I have a pussy bench) but I assured him I'm just coming back from an injury and testing my elbow and that all he was gonna have to do was stand there and maybe grab it if I yelled at him.
Haha that's actually pretty funny. I can only imagine how scared he looked.

I have to spot 1 of my
Clients on bench. I think he's gay. And it's only 65lbs. And he struggles from rep 5-10. It's sad. I thought everybody could put up that weight. My gf does her own body weight. I mean come on. Your a dude and can't bench 100lbs. Wtf are you doing with your life

I have to spot 1 of my
Clients on bench. I think he's gay. And it's only 65lbs. And he struggles from rep 5-10. It's sad. I thought everybody could put up that weight. My gf does her own body weight. I mean come on. Your a dude and can't bench 100lbs. Wtf are you doing with your life
I mean...at least he's trying haha I say good for him. When I started lifting I couldn't even do 95lbs for 10. I burned out with the bar. Felt like a little bitch and was embarrassed but that got me to where I am today. On the bright side you don't have to work that hard ;)

Yeah I mean I do feel bad for him. And I kick his ass 3x a week in the gym. He's just hard to teach. He doesn't belong in a gym at all. But it's good he hired a trainer and he is making some gains. We started off with just the bar and me
Curling it most the time. So he is getting something from it. Just slow and steady. He hates doing chest day because he walked in when I was on the bench 1 day. I rep 275 max out at 315 5'6 180lbs and since then it seems he's been embarrassed to work chest. I told him just eat some anadrol and he'll be fine.

Yeah I mean I do feel bad for him. And I kick his ass 3x a week in the gym. He's just hard to teach. He doesn't belong in a gym at all. But it's good he hired a trainer and he is making some gains. We started off with just the bar and me
Curling it most the time. So he is getting something from it. Just slow and steady. He hates doing chest day because he walked in when I was on the bench 1 day. I rep 275 max out at 315 5'6 180lbs and since then it seems he's been embarrassed to work chest. I told him just eat some anadrol and he'll be fine.
^^

I'm the go to guy in my gym for spotting. I also require a lot of spotting for myself. I can incline 405 so things can go sour easily if I'm not careful.

Might take a long time if you're a bodybuilder. I'm only 215lbs.

ive told a dude before that i wasnt going to spot for him.. said hey kid ive seen u try to put that 315 up and i dont feel like doing curls.. so why dont you puts some weight on you can really move.

Back