• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

TRT causing Tendonitis ???

REHH

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
on TRT for couple months now, mainly running 1ml 200mg/week test cyp. Have developed bad tendonitis in both elbows now. Never had this problem before. Lifted for many years consistently ran around 5 cycles back 20-25yrs ago, mainly just test and deca, no problems then. The last 20yrs have been clean Natty all the way. what to do about the elbows, they killing me. Thinking of trying to run some deca. supplements?

R

It's not because you are jerkin off too much is it.you could always try a little deca it helps me and people say fish oil I'm not sure on that one never taken it.

on TRT for couple months now, mainly running 1ml 200mg/week test cyp. Have developed bad tendonitis in both elbows now. Never had this problem before. Lifted for many years consistently ran around 5 cycles back 20-25yrs ago, mainly just test and deca, no problems then. The last 20yrs have been clean Natty all the way. what to do about the elbows, they killing me. Thinking of trying to run some deca. supplements?

R

Not everything relates back to your TRT, I'd say it's unrelated. Ever had your e2 checked? What are your current levels?

Aside from that, don't taking too many anti-E and some people just have bad elbows as they age. There's an OTC supp that a lot of guys swear by, but I can't remember the name right now. I'll search for ya!

Also, look at your form on exercises, is it shitty? Be honest.

Lastly, are you getting stronger a lot quicker? Aching joints will come with that but it will settle down eventually.

Sounds like you are lifting to heavy and too much.
Your trt will make you stronger so you lift heavier with more volume.
What I did to solve mine was to limit my sets that stress my elbows to 3.
3 heavy sets.
Works well. Don't wake up in the middle of the night in pain anymore.
Good luck.

R

Try a Glutamine supplement?

The big difference now is your 20-25 years older. The same thing that is a primary cause of atherosclerosis also affects skin, tendons and all collagen based tissue....lack of ascorbic acid!

Everyone always talks about taking glucosamin, msm, chondroiten etc but they ignore the primary ingredient in collagen production which is ascorbate. 6-10 grams a day spread out in multiple dosings does wonders for collagen baed tissue.

The big difference now is your 20-25 years older. The same thing that is a primary cause of atherosclerosis also affects skin, tendons and all collagen based tissue....lack of ascorbic acid!

Everyone always talks about taking glucosamin, msm, chondroiten etc but they ignore the primary ingredient in collagen production which is ascorbate. 6-10 grams a day spread out in multiple dosings does wonders for collagen baed tissue.

This works for me also- but I add hyaluronic acid - Omegas - lots of water and a tad of NPP-OD

Is there any brand or place you'd recommend getting the ascorbic acid from? Thank you!

Thanks for all replies...

No definitely not caused by increased wacking....; wife has been very acommodating....lol.

I am working out harder and more frequently than the last couple years. Last couple weeks I lightened up the weight 10-30 reps, switched over to mostly machines. Added glucosamine and msm. Has helped a bunch but still lingering. Will try absorbic acid thanks. Want to order some deca from one of the sponsors, been trying to figure out this online gear thing, been out of the aas scene for long time and not sure about ordering online.

After 4 1/2 months of 200 C TRT I am noticeing the same things with my elbows. I know I am lifting heavier and longer sets just by feeling better and stronger. But I have to agree with you, the elbow pain is a bitch.

IML Gear Cream!
I get this in my shoulders, feet and elbows whenever I up my mileage ..and I'm a chick

it comes with getting older and making jumps in weight or activity your body wouldn't otherwise be capable of in a short amount of time

Is there any brand or place you'd recommend getting the ascorbic acid from? Thank you!

The nice thing about ascrobic acid is its been around for a long time so manufacturing is pretty advanced and all sources seem to be of an ok quality. You can find some more expensive products that are GMO free etc but from a standpoint of function I have found most brands I have tried to be similar.

Some people will argue that vitamin C is worthless if your not getting the whole vitamin complex but that has been thoroughly debunked and the active molecule (ie ascorbate) when comparing the synthetic version verses that derived from from the complex is structurally identical, just a lot cheaper. Note that is not the case of all nutrients however.

I generally just use now brand ascorbic acid crystals, about $15 a pound (450 grams or so). I just put a scoop in a few ounces of water, swirl and slam it, doesnt really dissolve. It can give you short term watery stools if you take too much at one time or doses too close together so its best to start low, say 500mg a dose a few hours apart, and work up to 1-2 grams a dose. Aside from that ascorbate is less toxic than water and ascorabte (the proper concoction mind you) is even used intravenously.

I often find most athletic folks are lacking in magnesium and potassium as well. Potassium surprisingly enough has a HUGE impact on the joints and tendinitis. I have tested this theory on myself multiple times as well as a couple friends who ALL report their tendinitis and plantar fasciitis completely resolved a few weeks after getting the proper amount of potassium. With that in mind I always recommend potassium be taken as well. I have only encountered one person who got the paltry FDA level of potassium daily, most people are 2000mg or more short a day.

I generally have on hand potassium bicarbonate, ascorbic acid and potassium ascorbate which is a combo of potassium and ascorbate. Too much potassium is a bad thing but the amount that is "too much" is actually quite high and even higher for athletic individuals who are constantly working out and sweating. The FDA says we should get 4700mg a day. Id recommend logging food for a week and use the usda database to track potassium intake and find an average daily for the week. Then add in enough supplementation to get you to about 5000mg a day.

I know the bodybuilding lifestyle often calls for clean foods and avoids fruits and many veggies but they contain a lot of critical nutrients that get bypassed at the same time the demands on your bodies are higher than average creating a situation where sooner or later you will develop deficiencies and they will manifest as physical symptoms.

I found the products at www.nutri.com to be of a high quality, especially their ascorbate products.

If you want to try and get a massive dose quick to see if you can get the tendonitis under control id suggest a liposomal vit C. Its a lot more expensive but its effectiveness is onpar with IV vit C. Lion labs lypo-c is a good one. Just keep in mind that a large bolus of IV/C or lipo-C can actually cause a herx reaction as the bodies immune systems kicks into overdrive and drives toxins into the bloodstream to be filtered out. So once again start slow and work up daily dose if you go lipo-c route.

There is also a big discussion on home made lipo-C using an ultrasonic cleaner. This process is simple, uses lecithin and ascorbic acid so there is some additional cost and for those who have done it for any length of time claim great results. Although there are also a lot of people that claim the home made liposomal process doesnt work, usually those that are associated with a specific lipo brand.

I experience elbow tendonitis as well and it is excruciating at times. No doubt from heavy benching and possibly smith machines. However, since I added fish oil, glucosamine, and compression sleeves (with icy hot or similar) and it has gotten quite a bit better over several weeks. Look in to Tommy Copper sleeves. Always wear the sleeves when you are working out; even squatting.

yep same here took some of the advice from the guys above. since I first posted this I've added the supplements which have made a huge difference my tendonitis is almost gone, just barely feel it.
Fish oil
Vitamin c
Glucosamine
Multi vitamin
Msn

Deep tissue massage. Check your estrogen and water retention

ive never had as many tendon, muscle issues since being on trt...Ive never had like golfers elbow, tennis elbow etc etc...and have experienced them all since being on since feb....then again thats when i started lifting again and more active as well...

If your tendonitis is on the outside of the joint use tennis ball therapy to attack it -- tennis ball between wall and your elbow, then roll it around with some force for 5-15 minutes. Excruciating but much more effective than ibuprofen or hot compresses. The ball breaks up scar tissue and forces blood into places with nothing going on but chronic inflammation.

If your tendonitis is on the outside of the joint use tennis ball therapy to attack it -- tennis ball between wall and your elbow, then roll it around with some force for 5-15 minutes. Excruciating but much more effective than ibuprofen or hot compresses. The ball breaks up scar tissue and forces blood into places with nothing going on but chronic inflammation.

Even if one doesnt have tendonitis, this is a good practice for all over your body. I like to use lacross balls myself.

ive never had as many tendon, muscle issues since being on trt...Ive never had like golfers elbow, tennis elbow etc etc...and have experienced them all since being on since feb....then again thats when i started lifting again and more active as well...

same here

Get Shredded!

yep its on the outside of my elbows. seems like I'm always hitting them on the edge of the door way or something, hurts like hell. But like I said the best they've been since May of this year so i'm pretty happy right now.

Like the idea about the ball message. I'm gonna try that tonight. There's a message therapist at the gym I was about to try but since it's gotten so much better haven't done it.

I've developed terrible medial elbow tendonitis (golfers elbow) as well. Deep massage with my fist every day X2, forearm stretching whenever you can daily, wrist supports during lifting help due to the extension and flexion create inflammation in the elbow, and recently I added the "bandit" and wrap that baby tight as hell while lifting. This stupid thing from amazon actually works by pivoting the tendon enough to eleviate pain while lifting. Now I'm also going in for prolotherapy injections, It almost completely healed the left, just started therapy for the right a week ago. No more pull ups or skull crushers........too much pain. At 41 I'm wrapped like a mummy lifting, LOL....but I ain't sitting on the couch eating twinkies with a whoa is me attitude. Elbow Pain sucks but there are ways to eleviate the pain. just my 2 cents on what's working for me. Good luck man

Back