• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Why is there always "that guy" in the gym?

Progress

Man Whore
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Go to workout and in between a set some guy shadow boxing in the mirror. This isnt a UFC gym, just your typical gym. Always some guy that think's he is a MMA fighter in between sets. Or the guy between sets that will just burst out into a full 50yd sprint right then and there.Or the guy trying to re invent the wheel making up some type of new exercise and he is always small.

Feel free to add your own.....

Lol gym humor those guys are great.... My personal favorite is the guy that comes over mid set and starts asking you every detail of your workout.... Every detail

lift till ya puke

I would prefer someone like that than the fat peice of shit that comes into my gym.. For starters the guy comes into the gym 42oz styrofoam cup filled with "diet coke". Then he steps on the treadmill, does the sign of the cross and basically starts speaking in tongues, but he NEVER actually walks one step... On top of this, he smells like someone who crapped their pants and left it in there for a month. I'll try and get a video today if he's there..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It pisses me off just thinking about him.

I would prefer someone like that than the fat peice of shit that comes into my gym.. For starters the guy comes into the gym 42oz styrofoam cup filled with "diet coke". Then he steps on the treadmill, does the sign of the cross and basically starts speaking in tongues, but he NEVER actually walks one step... On top of this, he smells like someone who crapped their pants and left it in there for a month. I'll try and get a video today if he's there..

I want to see this. It has to be funny.

It's hilarious. But very distracting..

HAHAHH There is all kind of WIN in that post! Yeah get a video of that......
You could probably complain to management about that one.

Well the management at my gym is one person. Lol it's one of those under the radar old school gyms. The gym owner has threatened to kick him out before, but the guy just figures out when the gym owner isn't there and comes at that time.

Idk my gym is almost free weight exclusive... Idk why people do that crap... Especially at my gym.. The guy half repping 185 with his feet on the bench... THIS ISNT THE DAMN ABS STATION

Eat. Lift. Sleep. Repeat.

IML Gear Cream!
How about the skinny, sickly looking dude that just joined my gym that decided the squat rack is for half assed push ups, half ass shoulder presses with a pair of 15 pound DBs and 1/4 ab crunches.

As I sit and wait for him to finish so I can use it he tells me I should not wait for him because he is going to be awhile. So I explain to him the squat rack is not for calisthenics and he completely blows me off.

It took all I could do not to verbal fuck him up.

The guy that doing upright rows and bicep curls for 45 minutes on the smith machine.

The guy that if you say hello to them, wants to start a 30 minute conversation about something completely irrelevant.

Every post has been on point!!!
I agree, what the hell..... why do people put their feet up while doing bench press?? Why is there always a couple guys trying to do crossfit crap when its not a crossfit gym? Why do people do that golf swing Tiger Woods exercise? Is that a ab work out!?

I usually don't let peeps get to me as they usually don't last long. If someone is screwing around on equipment I need I'll just wait for them to walk away and I'll jump in and take over. When they say something I'll be like my bad I'll be quick. Lol. No, IMO I'm not being a douche when its some fat guy rotating between several pieces of equipment including curling dimes in the squat rack
If you go to another piece of equipment its fair game.

Man i sure was going to start this thread the other day about some squirrely mma wannabe boxin in the mirror.

Try this one. So I'm doing decline bench in this shadey ass gym on a wobbly ass bench that may break at anytime. I do.2 sets and realize 325 lbs to the face wouldn't feel.good if this bench blows apart. I ask this guy, who is close to 300# but has legs like a 12 year old boy, to spot me and he says sorry man I don't have time for that. I said "ok dick, I didnt.ask you finish my workout with me, hell I don't even need you to touch the bar just stand there and if the bench blows apart call 911 for me" walked away and made as much grunting and yelling as I could the rest of the workout. To make it worse he didn't touch a weight the rest of my workout, all he did was lie to some kids about how he had a huge comp coming up. Lol. Fucking liar!! Then a couple months later same gym same guy is tying up a adjustable bench doing biceps for over a hour (all things he could be.doing on the preacher rack) another guy in fair to good shape asks how.much longer he was going to need it and if maybe he could work in. Doucheface said "um sorry dude I'm going to be here a awhile and letting you work in will mess up my pump so your going to have to do something else" I have seen this guy off and on for over a year at this gym. He has had zero change ZERO he carries a huge gym bag with protein and pre workout and sups and I honestly laugh out loud when I see him. I make it a point to let him know how funny he is to me. I'm glad I only have to use that gym a few times per month.

LOL, we have 2 at our gym. #1, the kid is probably the nicest kid in the world, but making eye contact and its all over !! He comes over and wants to talk about every "supplement" Im sure he's ever heard of. Then he wants to know what I take or have ever tried. Then I get to hear what he's taking and wondering if its gonna do him any good. I'll give him credit, he has come monster calves. This kid will do like 2 hrs on the treadmill or stairmaster then like 20-30 min on weights at most! #2, beer guy.. he comes in wearing his sweat head band and gloves, weighing atleast 300, and talks about his weekend and all the beer he drinks. Always needs the DB's I happen to be using and comes up to let me know when Im done, he needs them next. Hes like a shark in the water to anyone who makes eye contact or speaks to him in passing. Its a 30 min convo if u speak. He's even asked my buddy for money before to go buy a beer when he leaves. lol Oh yes, then we've heard his "seal experiences" in the past. lol

Every post has been on point!!!
I agree, what the hell..... why do people put their feet up while doing bench press?? Why is there always a couple guys trying to do crossfit crap when its not a crossfit gym? Why do people do that golf swing Tiger Woods exercise? Is that a ab work out!?

it's actually an extremely common core exercise. it was even taught as part of my high school's lifting program for the wrestling team.

LOL, we have 2 at our gym. #1, the kid is probably the nicest kid in the world, but making eye contact and its all over !! He comes over and wants to talk about every "supplement" Im sure he's ever heard of. Then he wants to know what I take or have ever tried. Then I get to hear what he's taking and wondering if its gonna do him any good. I'll give him credit, he has come monster calves. This kid will do like 2 hrs on the treadmill or stairmaster then like 20-30 min on weights at most! #2, beer guy.. he comes in wearing his sweat head band and gloves, weighing atleast 300, and talks about his weekend and all the beer he drinks. Always needs the DB's I happen to be using and comes up to let me know when Im done, he needs them next. Hes like a shark in the water to anyone who makes eye contact or speaks to him in passing. Its a 30 min convo if u speak. He's even asked my buddy for money before to go buy a beer when he leaves. lol Oh yes, then we've heard his "seal experiences" in the past. lol

What is it with people and the 30 minute conversation.. I mean seriously... I put my headphones in and get to work... I work 10 hour days and the last thing I need is to talk about your glory days when you benched 305 (never)... I do the obligatory head nod and the point to see if someone is using something... Other than that.. YOUR NOT INTERESTING

Exactly !! lol My earphones are in and like you, point and nod. Most of us in there know each others routine. Theres like 6-7 of us in there the same times every day and we all know the habits of the others so we know who is gonna use what. But ya, he'll come up and literally stand there waiting til you take your earphones out and ask what, then go to talking. I hate being rude, but I'll listen for 30 seconds, reply to whatever he said and put my music back on... I laughed one day, he literally was there for about an hour and half and never picked up a weight. talked to everybody then left. SMH

What is it with people and the 30 minute conversation.. I mean seriously... I put my headphones in and get to work... I work 10 hour days and the last thing I need is to talk about your glory days when you benched 305 (never)... I do the obligatory head nod and the point to see if someone is using something... Other than that.. YOUR NOT INTERESTING

Get Shredded!
Ok so we all know the old dudes like to hang out in the locker room doing a Captain Morgan pose with their junk hanging out and gray ball fro. Only time I go in there is to take a piss, and then wash my hands.

Women, what goes on in your locker room? Any pet peeve? Am I wrong thinking your all in there just lathering each other up and giving massages? Hahahaha Or is their tampons and blood just all over the place? Does it smell like a bad seafood restaurant?

Ok so we all know the old dudes like to hang out in the locker room doing a Captain Morgan pose with their junk hanging out and gray ball fro. Only time I go in there is to take a piss, and then wash my hands.

Women, what goes on in your locker room? Any pet peeve? Am I wrong thinking your all in there just lathering each other up and giving massages? Hahahaha Or is their tampons and blood just all over the place? Does it smell like a bad seafood restaurant?

Massages and cunnilingus :coffee:

Sorry, one more thing to add..he takes about 3 of those vitamin b12 shot drinks before his gym (prayer) session. Plus he carries around a rite aid bag and super doses vitamin d throughout his workout for some reason.

Lol!
Seriously what bothers you in there? Has to be something.

Things that piss me off in the gym:

*Guys that ask if I need a spot. If I wanted a fucking spot I would ask you. You are not standing behind me with your junk pressed against my ass. Keep dreaming though
*People who tie up my power racks doing fucking quarter reps. Go to hell douchebag and take your chicken legs with you
*People who ask my advice, tie up my workout and then ignore everything I say. Why waste my time? I am happy to help. But seriously.
*The vast majority of personal trainers because they are stupid. For example: there is this “trainer” with a pot belly who has his female clients doing stupid shit in the weight room. He has this 90lbs lady doing calf raises and shrugs and for some reason I highly doubt her goals involve big traps and calves.
*This one kid lays in FRONT of the db rack doing weighted crunches. Legit almost bounced a 60 off his head the first time. Oops
I don’t really go in the locker room except to pee and haven’t had any bad experiences.

Things that piss me off in the gym:

*Guys that ask if I need a spot. If I wanted a fucking spot I would ask you. You are not standing behind me with your junk pressed against my ass. Keep dreaming though
*People who tie up my power racks doing fucking quarter reps. Go to hell douchebag and take your chicken legs with you
*People who askmy advice, tie up my workout and then ignore everything I say. Why waste mytime? I am happy to help. But seriously.
*The vast majority of personal trainers because they are stupid. For example: there is this “trainer” with a pot belly who has his female clients doing stupid shit in the weight room. He has this 90lbs lady doing calf raises and shrugs and for some reason I highly doubt her goals involve big traps and calves.
*This one kid lays in FRONT of the db rack doing weighted crunches. Legit almost bounced a 60 off his head the first time. Oops
I don’t really go in the locker room except to pee and haven’t had any bad experiences.

I've always wondered if the old women walk around butt naked in the locker room like all the old men do..

The guy asking you if you need a spot probably just has weak game. Trying to make small talk.

The guy asking you if you need a spot probably just has weak game. Trying to make small talk.

Do guys even have game anymore? It seems like a lost art!

Back