• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Lifestyle

mtb11487

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So a lot of people always ask me why do you lift... Simply put its a lifestyle. I have to go to the gym if I just don't feel right. Does anyone else feel like crap or ashamed when you miss a couple of weeks or even a couple of non rest days. You see I'm kind of a nerd I care more about TV shows and comic book movies than I do about sports. Infact comic con is my Super Bowl. I started out weightlifting like most because I wanted to change my image. In highschool I was real skinny and lanky, I was 5'11" and about 135 lbs wet. Don't get me wrong I wasn't a nerd or a loser or anything like that I was actually really popular and had tons of friends even a couple of gf's (just not as much as I would have liked to have). But what everyone didn't know was that I hated the way I looked I hated being skinny. So when I got to college I decided to do something about it and change my imStandby your roome of the big guys now, even my friends from back home don't even recognize me. But it's funny when I look in the mirror I still see that skinny kid from highschool and no matter how much I lift its never enough. When I started on this journey of weightlifting I was trying to reach a goal... Over the years I have realized I'm not trying to reach a goal anymore... It's just my lifestyle I love hitting the weights hard and counting calories. I love that sore feeling you get the next couple of days after a hard workout. Nothing will change that... This is my lifestyle.

I tried taking some time off from the gym. Within a month I had to go back. Felt like a lazy fat ass sitting here watching tv. I feel a need to be bigger than the average guy...or girl in some guys cases.

Endorphin release for me.

When I was a drunkard POS early on in 2014, nothing helped me more than the gym and meal prep. It's salvation, simply put. It helps me slay my demons..

Endorphin release for me.

When I was a drunkard POS early on in 2014, nothing helped me more than the gym and meal prep. It's salvation, simply put. It helps me slay my demons..

i lift for aesthetics and for anger management/stress release. the latter reason being the same reason i bounce from time to time bars in shitty areas. i haven't gotten in a fight outside of something job related in years now.

Stress relief for sure.. and to maintain performance levels for my sport of choice.

It started as a way to beat an addiction now it has become the addiction

Some people go to church, I go to the gym, it's my religion. I've been training for the better part of 25 years and i feel very guilty if I don't go. I also enjoy being big and strong and knowing that I could rip the average man's head off his shoulders if i wanted to. I also enjoy the feeling I get when people gawk and stare at me and make comments to themselves that they think I can't hear because I'm carrying more muscle mass than most. Sometimes I feel like I'm part of a circus freak show act and I'm not nearly as big as an IFBB pro. I can't imagine what those guys must go through.

Body dysmorphia and a tendency to let things build up until I blow up or get squirrelly if I don't get the stress out. I took a month off due to an injury and I've been chasing crazy pussy and wanting to hit motherfuckers. I can't lift heavy right now and it's killing me because even if I gain better with higher reps I don't get the same high as constant weight increases.

Back