• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Going in for Sleep Apnea test

SoCalJC

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've slept like shit for as long as I can remember. Wake up in the middle of the night almost every night either to take a piss or drink water. Would wake up from any noise. I've just always accepted it as I'm a light sleeper. Recently went to the doctor due to extreme fatigue and exhaustion. I was convinced it was either adrenal fatigue or possibly high cortisol levels. Labs came back today, and everything looks good. So next week I'm scheduled to take the sleep apnea test.

I've already decided that I will NOT wear a Darth Vader mask. I know some ppl wear it, but I don't think I could sleep with anything on my head/face. The other option is surgery. Not a big fan, but my brother had the procedure done about 10 years ago and he sleeps much better now. He snored really bad and they removed his adnoids, uvula and tonsils. His advice was to opt for the surgery.

I know a couple of vets have sleep apnea, maybe they can chime in.

I have it too. Been putting off fo going to the doctor and having the sleep test for fear it's going to cost too Damn much.

Curious about experiences

I also wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss 2 or 3 times and I feel a bit tired during the day. When I eat light dinner at least 3 hours before the bed, I don't wake up most of the time.
I also snort like hell driving my wife crazy. I just start using a mouthpiece to get rid of the snort and my wife said I don't short at all or much less. The mouthpiece is made by Zquiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've slept like shit for as long as I can remember. Wake up in the middle of the night almost every night either to take a piss or drink water. Would wake up from any noise. I've just always accepted it as I'm a light sleeper. Recently went to the doctor due to extreme fatigue and exhaustion. I was convinced it was either adrenal fatigue or possibly high cortisol levels. Labs came back today, and everything looks good. So next week I'm scheduled to take the sleep apnea test.

I've already decided that I will NOT wear a Darth Vader mask. I know some ppl wear it, but I don't think I could sleep with anything on my head/face. The other option is surgery. Not a big fan, but my brother had the procedure done about 10 years ago and he sleeps much better now. He snored really bad and they removed his adnoids, uvula and tonsils. His advice was to opt for the surgery.

I know a couple of vets have sleep apnea, maybe they can chime in.

the jack had the uvula, adnoids and tonsils thing done/removed.
he didn't snore for about 6 mths but he still had apnea...

now hes back to snoring like crazy (makes me insane), and can't roll his r's which means he can't purr or nail the accent for spanish, french or italian...

his cpap was destroyed ibn the house fire and we've never gotten health ins to replace it...stupid thing is like 3grnd out of pocket

- - - Updated - - -

I also wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss 2 or 3 times and I feel a bit tired during the day. When I eat light dinner at least 3 hours before the bed, I don't wake up most of the time.
I also snort like hell driving my wife crazy. I just start using a mouthpiece to get rid of the snort and my wife said I don't short at all or much less. The mouthpiece is made by Zquiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im googling this now

Get a couple bricks (books, 3" stilettos lol, etc) and put it under the headboard. You want your head about 4" higher than your feet. The incline does about the same thing as the zguard, which is also a good idea.
lastly- Xanax much? Stuff knocks me out and I wake up feeling great.

added the Xanax part in case you are just a light sleeper- probably wont help apnea.

I was given a test machine to use at my house for a night to determine if I had it. So many dam wires on it I couldn't sleep anyway. They determined that I needed the machine and I declined to take it cause there was no way I could sleep with a mask on my face connected to a bunch of hoses and wires.

They say those things at first are hard to sleep worth but I guess you get used to it. Know a couple guys that use them.

I know squat about a C pap, but seems like you can get them for a couple hundred dollars. Just googled- maybe these are junk?

I had the sleep apnea test about 10yrs ago. Slept overnight at a local sleep center. What sucked is I had wires all over me which is common, I couldn't jackoff as they were watching me on tv monitors and they turned my tv off at 9PM. It just sucked lol.
I wasnt going to do the mask either.
I started changing up my diet around and getting in a diff sleep pattern.
Im ok now but not going to do any type of surgery for apnea.

This is something not to mess with.....I am in the same boat you are. My wife tells me I quit breathing in the middle of the night and she waits for me to start breathing again. I wake up 3-4 times a night also, but it may be your body waking you up! I've done the test and waiting for results....BTW, had a person I knew die in his sleep from this.

I had the sleep apnea test about 10yrs ago. Slept overnight at a local sleep center. What sucked is I had wires all over me which is common, I couldn't jackoff as they were watching me on tv monitors and they turned my tv off at 9PM. It just sucked lol.
I wasnt going to do the mask either.
I started changing up my diet around and getting in a diff sleep pattern.
Im ok now but not going to do any type of surgery for apnea.

hahahaha. JJ its okay man, you can skip a night of LHJO.

This is something not to mess with.....I am in the same boat you are. My wife tells me I quit breathing in the middle of the night and she waits for me to start breathing again. I wake up 3-4 times a night also, but it may be your body waking you up! I've done the test and waiting for results....BTW, had a person I knew die in his sleep from this.

I agree, this shit is serious. Reggie White had sleep apnea and look what happened to him.

I have severe sleep apnea and use my cpap religiously. The surgery works for a small percentage of people only. It takes a while to get used to the mask but it is a lifesaver, literally. Sleep apnea has been proven to take 10 years off of your life. Have an open mind and approach it with the idea you have to to this. I don't even nap without my CPAP machine. I am a nose breather and wear a children's size. It does look funny but I don't care. Apnea also robs you bed partner of REM sleep and that alone did it for me. I started using it when I was single about 10 years ago and chicks didn't even care. Bro pm me if you want any more info of pics. You will never regret it.

I have severe sleep apnea and use my cpap religiously. The surgery works for a small percentage of people only. It takes a while to get used to the mask but it is a lifesaver, literally. Sleep apnea has been proven to take 10 years off of your life. Have an open mind and approach it with the idea you have to to this. I don't even nap without my CPAP machine. I am a nose breather and wear a children's size. It does look funny but I don't care. Apnea also robs you bed partner of REM sleep and that alone did it for me. I started using it when I was single about 10 years ago and chicks didn't even care. Bro pm me if you want any more info of pics. You will never regret it.

Did you have to go to a sleep center or can you just buy the machine? I went to an ENT this week and he said I probably don't have sleep apnea. He told me about a surgery where they implant 3 white things the size of toothpicks in the roof of you mouth. 70% success rate and $1200 not covered by insurance. If this doesn't work, he removes the uvula and he said that hurts like hell...lol.

I started snoring when I started blasting and cruising 8 months ago. My wife is nice about it but it does ruin her sleep. I'm getting fitted for the mouthguard next week. I'll try anything.

I went to a sleep center because the CPAP is prescribed at a certain level of pressure CFM's and you don't know what you need until they do the study. Basically you go to sleep for a night at the center and they wire you up to record many things, brain patterns, respiration ect. You start by going to sleep as you normally would and it's easy because apnea sufferers literally are walking zombies and you go to sleep as soon as your head hits the pillow.After a few hours of recording data they wake you and put the CPCP on you and you try to go back to sleep. During that time they adjust the machine until you don't stop breathing and enter REM sleep. Honestly I thought I didn't sleep any more than 10 min the whole night, but when I did wake up in the morning I felt amazing. I cannot explain how rested I felt and I didn't fall asleep all day. Previously I had trouble staying awake at stop lights and had a couple car accidents because of it. When I found out I had to wear the mask I was crushed and demanded surgery, 10 years later looking back I know I was just being vain. I have a travel model also that runs on 12 volts dc and I take on planes and plug it into the dc outlet when I fly and sleep the whole flight.
It has saved my life.

Get Shredded!
I went to a sleep center because the CPAP is prescribed at a certain level of pressure CFM's and you don't know what you need until they do the study. Basically you go to sleep for a night at the center and they wire you up to record many things, brain patterns, respiration ect. You start by going to sleep as you normally would and it's easy because apnea sufferers literally are walking zombies and you go to sleep as soon as your head hits the pillow.After a few hours of recording data they wake you and put the CPCP on you and you try to go back to sleep. During that time they adjust the machine until you don't stop breathing and enter REM sleep. Honestly I thought I didn't sleep any more than 10 min the whole night, but when I did wake up in the morning I felt amazing. I cannot explain how rested I felt and I didn't fall asleep all day. Previously I had trouble staying awake at stop lights and had a couple car accidents because of it. When I found out I had to wear the mask I was crushed and demanded surgery, 10 years later looking back I know I was just being vain. I have a travel model also that runs on 12 volts dc and I take on planes and plug it into the dc outlet when I fly and sleep the whole flight.
It has saved my life.

Your story now has me reconsidering the mask. PM on the way.

I took a test dbol cycle one time and gained alot of water weight and developed sleep apnea. I was eating like a horse and trying to put on as much weight as I could during the cycle. Even after off cycle and loosing the water weight I still had sleep apnea. I was tired and shitty feeling all day. My girlfriend said she could hear me in my sleep gasping for air, stopping breathing, and lots of hard snoring. I just kind of dealt with it for a few months and after I beginning loosing alot of the weight I had gained it went away, but it took at least 6 months for it to go away. My brother has sleep apnea as well and he's a bigger heavier person and has had it for a long time and wears the mask and machine. Post your age, height, body fat percentage, and weight if you have not already. I hated sleep apnea and couldn't imagine living with it for an extended period of time.

Weight is a factor in apnea but it isn't the only one. I have had a cpap machine for a few years and it's the best investment I've ever made. I sleep well, dream, feel rested in the morning, and I don't sweat like a cold glass of water on a humid day when i sleep. Like Tommy I don't even nap without it. Does it look sexy? Fuck no! But who sees me in the middle of the night?

Sleep apnea is serious shit. My bloodwork had consistently shown screwed up RDWs. My wife says I hold my breathe during sleep.

I'll be going in for a sleep study soon and will be getting a CPAP.

You can die in your sleep from this shit, your blood has less oxygen in it.

Let us know how it goes. Lots of people suffer from sleep apnea and ignore it.

Stats: I'm almost 37 yrs old. 5ft 11. 215lbs. If I had to guess BF, I'd say 16-18% range. Never been overweight.
You don't have to be overweight, its the way your tongue, passageway muscles, etc are set up. If you have a big neck for your size like I do you are very susceptible to it.

I was thinking of talking to my father about it, he snores and holds his breathe during sleep. As I am reading more I believe he has it as well....

Rambo is right, weight is only one factor. Physical apnea is onset by weight but another form of apnea is related to your involuntary brain waves during sleep. Electrical in nature and it can be seen in smaller stature people even children. Most people who have apnea don't know it because the waking episodes don't bring you to full consciousness. One sure symptom is falling asleep as soon as you go to bed, it should take 5-10 minutes to fall asleep. Another one that I experienced was reading. I couldn't read anything without dozing. If you feel like you could go to sleep after you've been awake for a few hours after a nights sleep, it too is an indicator.

Forgot to update this:

Got my results about a week or two ago. I have "mild" sleep apnea. They want to sell me a CPAP machine. Since its relatively mild and I can still get SOME sleep I'm not going to do anything right now. I've been taking naps during the day when I can. That seems to help a lot. I'm only consuming caffeine PWO now as long as its not too late in the day.

I'm still feeling groggy during the day, and alert/awake at night. I'm going to try some other alternatives to see if I can feel better during the day.

I have the same as you man.. Did two sleep studies last year and have mild apnea. ENT prescribed me a CPAP. I don't use it as much as I should, my sleeping has gotten better on its own since the studies were conducted. For me I think it has a lot to do with what cycle I'm on at the moment. During that time I was on a hefty dose of test and deca, so I was obviously carrying a little more weight, lol... Girlfriend has told me that at times my snoring is bad, but now that I'm on more of cruise she's said she really doesn't notice it much.

I think the scariest part in the results of those studies were finding out that my oxygen levels were dropping significantly once I'd get into REM sleep. Recently, my ENT gave me a Pulse Oximeter to use overnight to recheck my O2 levels. The test showed that it's gotten better since my first two studies. Again, I think it has a lot to do with the AAS that we use, some more than others at least in my case. Just like Tommy mentioned, once you start wearing the mask and using the CPAP you don't even realize it's there, so if you can afford to get one I'd say def try it out, it will help, a lot...

Forgot to update this:

Got my results about a week or two ago. I have "mild" sleep apnea. They want to sell me a CPAP machine. Since its relatively mild and I can still get SOME sleep I'm not going to do anything right now. I've been taking naps during the day when I can. That seems to help a lot. I'm only consuming caffeine PWO now as long as its not too late in the day.

I'm still feeling groggy during the day, and alert/awake at night. I'm going to try some other alternatives to see if I can feel better during the day.
Bro get the machine, it will only get worse. You are getting less oxygen when you sleep, taking naps or sleeping more won't help.

I suggest you read into sleep apnea a bit more. You would really change your mind if you understood it.

Back