• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

What should I be testing for, in depth?

Ronthebadass

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I want a full blood check up, and I have only recently found a Dr willing to test for the things that I ask. I have been on TRT now for 4 weeks and would like to go in there, all guns blazing and get everything I need checked.

I know T, e2, T3&T4, Hematocrit and vitamins are essential, but anything else that may factor please inform me. Wanna make sure I'm on the right track.

Thanks guys :D

Red blood count, liver values, kidney function, cholesterol (good, bad, total, triglyceride). Make sure you get free and total Test, T3, T4. Might as well get tested for GH levels for a baseline.

If this is your HRT doctor he should know what to check for really . Also if only on for 4 weeks it may be a little early to check test levels . But as said CBC , metabolic panel , hormone panel including test , free test , E2 , lipids . Noramlly they test your PSA every 6 months but if on hrt only for 4 it's too early for that but you could still check to see where you are at . If checking all this stuff check to see what your insurance covers because all BW is expensive !

If this is your HRT doctor he should know what to check for really . Also if only on for 4 weeks it may be a little early to check test levels . But as said CBC , metabolic panel , hormone panel including test , free test , E2 , lipids . Noramlly they test your PSA every 6 months but if on hrt only for 4 it's too early for that but you could still check to see where you are at . If checking all this stuff check to see what your insurance covers because all BW is expensive !

Thank you both for the advice, I'm probably ganna go get them done this week or the next and see what's happening. I totally agree, 4 weeks is a bit early to worry about all this, but I just wanna check everything to get an idea and some peace of mind. My TRT Director as he's called could do it, but I'm ganna try and get it done for free through insurance but most likely I'll have to go to him.

Thanks guys, I'll post results after!

CBC, CMP, MG, Lipid profile, Testosterone (Free and Total), Vitamin D, and PSA. Insurance should cover all of that.

Since you're doing baseline everything you may as well throw in prolactin. Can't think of anything else beyond others' ideas.

If you think your 350 mg/wk will push the reading about 1500 ng/dL (it might) you could get a test assay that can handle it, such as the lc/ms. Your doc should know about that. If it's just a temporary spike to get you going maybe it doesn't matter but I'm one of those people who just needs to know.

Going forward, the most important thing is regularity of bloodwork. Maybe every 4-8 weeks if you pop on and off cycle, but less often if not. The basic cheap stuff: CBC, CMP, test/e2, and lipids if they are ever a concern (probably not at your age). You'll catch most health issues that way.

I was thinking about prolactin. tren will aggravate prolactin first? or is it progesterone?

Since you're doing baseline everything you may as well throw in prolactin. Can't think of anything else beyond others' ideas.

If you think your 350 mg/wk will push the reading about 1500 ng/dL (it might) you could get a test assay that can handle it, such as the lc/ms. Your doc should know about that. If it's just a temporary spike to get you going maybe it doesn't matter but I'm one of those people who just needs to know.

Going forward, the most important thing is regularity of bloodwork. Maybe every 4-8 weeks if you pop on and off cycle, but less often if not. The basic cheap stuff: CBC, CMP, test/e2, and lipids if they are ever a concern (probably not at your age). You'll catch most health issues that way.

Hey, thanks for the reply! I haven't checked this in a while, sorry!

Prolactin... interesting. What are the benefits to getting this one tested? Thought it had to do with milk production in women? Sorry if that's a retarded thing to think, lol.

Rightio, it did and I'm at a trough of 1029ng/L lol. Feeling awesome though. Doc knows about it but not my GP so insurance wont cover in because GP's here in Australia are literally so close to being mentally retarded it scares me. Wont test shit, like I asked my GP "could we test for e2 because of the long term negative health affects on men with high estrogen?" his response was "no, we wont test for that, this is a female hormone" "well, what about the negative affects?" "I don't know anything about that" "could you research it for me so we could test it, please?" "no, I don't do that" then I got angry and had to leave the place, haha.

Not ganna pop on and off, just for a while. Probably once everything is under control I'll get bloods ever six months for a couple years and then maybe cut back yearly? Or does that seem too little?

I was thinking about prolactin. tren will aggravate prolactin first? or is it progesterone?
Tren doesn't raise progesterone, it IS a progestin. It can cause progesterone related sides like increase in prolactin. HTH

Prolactin... interesting. What are the benefits to getting this one tested? Thought it had to do with milk production in women? Sorry if that's a retarded thing to think, lol.

Rightio, it did and I'm at a trough of 1029ng/L lol. Feeling awesome though. Doc knows about it but not my GP so insurance wont cover in because GP's here in Australia are literally so close to being mentally retarded it scares me. Wont test shit, like I asked my GP "could we test for e2 because of the long term negative health affects on men with high estrogen?" his response was "no, we wont test for that, this is a female hormone" "well, what about the negative affects?" "I don't know anything about that" "could you research it for me so we could test it, please?" "no, I don't do that" then I got angry and had to leave the place, haha.

Not ganna pop on and off, just for a while. Probably once everything is under control I'll get bloods ever six months for a couple years and then maybe cut back yearly? Or does that seem too little?

Prolactin does a ton of stuff despite it's milk-related name. Some of it is sex-related so it's nice to keep track of in case that becomes a complication of your TRT.

The doc-ignorance issue with hormones is a worldwide problem it seems. One benefit of the US insurance mess is that it's easier to doc-shop, so we can work around it if we're informed and have some cash to burn.

Yeah maybe a steady TRT could be happy with bloods every 6 mos or so. Dunno myself, I still cycle. I like seeing the levels wander all over the charts. :D

Prolactin does a ton of stuff despite it's milk-related name. Some of it is sex-related so it's nice to keep track of in case that becomes a complication of your TRT.

The doc-ignorance issue with hormones is a worldwide problem it seems. One benefit of the US insurance mess is that it's easier to doc-shop, so we can work around it if we're informed and have some cash to burn.

Yeah maybe a steady TRT could be happy with bloods every 6 mos or so. Dunno myself, I still cycle. I like seeing the levels wander all over the charts. :D

Rightio, understood. It was a-okay before TRT but will get in tested probably in a month or so.

Yeah? Dude, I just can't deal with them, annoys the shit out of me. Righto... I guess I get that. Got plenty of cash to burn, just glad I actually found someone who'll treat me now. Probably end up living in the US and it seems like there's a lot more options there.

Awesome, sounds like that's about what I'll do. Hahaha, fair enough xD I get too much anxiety over bloods, just want everything perfect every time, lol.

Rightio, understood. It was a-okay before TRT but will get in tested probably in a month or so.

Yeah? Dude, I just can't deal with them, annoys the shit out of me. Righto... I guess I get that. Got plenty of cash to burn, just glad I actually found someone who'll treat me now. Probably end up living in the US and it seems like there's a lot more options there.

Awesome, sounds like that's about what I'll do. Hahaha, fair enough xD I get too much anxiety over bloods, just want everything perfect every time, lol.

Can you doc-shop in Aussie-land? I assumed you had a more rigid (but functional) medical system like most of Europe. Sure you'll have more options in the US but get ready to shell out eye-popping sums of cash.

Yeah it's nice to get bloods on point, and if you're using pharm-grade meds just for TRT there's no reason not to achieve that. Those of us cycling on the black market have a rougher road... thankfully we have sources like AgentYes and IronMeg Research now so it's not as shitty nuts as it was a few years ago here. Lol. 300+ E2 levels due to bunk AI, dreadful PCT due to underdosed SERMs, gah!

Prolactin is a real unlikely problem during TRT, more likely if using NPP or tren, but if you're covering everything you may as well.

Can you doc-shop in Aussie-land? I assumed you had a more rigid (but functional) medical system like most of Europe. Sure you'll have more options in the US but get ready to shell out eye-popping sums of cash.

Yeah it's nice to get bloods on point, and if you're using pharm-grade meds just for TRT there's no reason not to achieve that. Those of us cycling on the black market have a rougher road... thankfully we have sources like AgentYes and IronMeg Research now so it's not as shitty nuts as it was a few years ago here. Lol. 300+ E2 levels due to bunk AI, dreadful PCT due to underdosed SERMs, gah!

Prolactin is a real unlikely problem during TRT, more likely if using NPP or tren, but if you're covering everything you may as well.

Yeah, we can definitely Doc shop, but on every new Doc it's like a restart, they get every little thing checked again and have their own new bit of shit to sling, lol. Yeah, very rigid. For instance, I have muscle spasms in my lower back from an injury 4 months ago now, Doc still wont medicate me with any muscle relaxers to help me heal, nor will any other Doc. Girlfriend in the US got meds on first appointment with the same issue, haha. Yeah? how much is a usual appointment? we can get hours from 0-around $150.

Exactly and I totally agree, I should be getting it all streamlined so I can relax about the situation. Yeah... I bet, that's the only thing that kept me from self medicating (although I might in the future) because you just don't know what you're getting. Yeah? I got a couple guys messaging me letting me know what's up and who's good to buy from and it's extremely helpful.

Hahaha, are you joking with that e2 level? Fuck me, that's insane xD what's the whole deal with SERMS anyway? Literally not looked into them at all.

Rightio and true, might as well get it checked to have it under control.

No joke on E2 levels. Got 321 on my last spike. Luckily I don't make moobs easily otherwise I'd've been fucked. Make sure your AI is always legit, that's the lesson.

SERMS are for PCT typically so you shouldn't ever have to worry about em if you're on TRT forever, even if you cycle, since you'll just drift back down to your TRT cruise and avoid PCT.

Doc costs here depend heavily on insurance or lack thereof. Preventative checkups with PCPs can be free, or hundreds of bucks. The sky is the limit on procedures.

No joke on E2 levels. Got 321 on my last spike. Luckily I don't make moobs easily otherwise I'd've been fucked. Make sure your AI is always legit, that's the lesson.

SERMS are for PCT typically so you shouldn't ever have to worry about em if you're on TRT forever, even if you cycle, since you'll just drift back down to your TRT cruise and avoid PCT.

Doc costs here depend heavily on insurance or lack thereof. Preventative checkups with PCPs can be free, or hundreds of bucks. The sky is the limit on procedures.

Holy shit, haha. Dude, I'd be fucked with those levels. Had gyno since 11 and I'd be a size D with those levels, hahaha. True, and a good lesson!

Rightio, fair enough. Thanks!

Ahh, righto... sounds a bit rough. I've heard of the procedures costing in the thousands and thing and it does make me reconsider... guess I somewhat take for granted out healthcare.

Back