• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Fish oil

johnjohn

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Was wondering what everyones take is on fish oil I've been getting a lot of inflammation in my rotary cups after working out so I've added fish oil to the program from what I've read I should have been taking it a long time ago any pros and con's on this

It does NOTHING.. I bought into it back around 2005, ive used it and it done nothing for me..I wasted my money

I use it for the heart benefits. For OTC joint issues, in use glucosamine/chondroitin/msm

Fish Oil has many benefits. If you think it doesnt than your an idiot.

It's like taking vitamins or creatine. You never notice the difference in taking it, but there's enough studies to indicate it's a good idea.

^^^ creatine non-responder lol

From what I read it has a lot of benefits hoping it would help with inflammation but I think its time to break down and go ahead and get the lube shots in the shoulders not as young as I use to be

It's like taking vitamins or creatine. You never notice the difference in taking it, but there's enough studies to indicate it's a good idea.

^^^ creatine non-responder lol
you worded that perfectly that was my notion. .there is overwhelming amount of literature suggesting its benefits, I didn't notice anything but fishy burps

Fish oil isnt going to all of a sudden fix inflammation. It will help w joints and many use it as an everyday supp. Especially when your getting older the benefits are well worth it.

I have been taking fish oil for years for joints. I never noticed it making any big changes until I stopped taking it for a knee surgery. When I got back on it the joint pain in my shoulders, hip and back subsided again.
Do not take MSM until your 40's unless you have specific sulfur deficiency in your joints.
Glucosamine is great for joints, but the delivery system is a large dose of sugar so be mindful of the sudden insulin spike.
Rotator Cuff injuries are extremely common. There are a ton of videos and definite plans of treatment by competent physical therapists to rehab the rotator cuff. The current protocol for strains is no longer a bag of ice to cool down a point of injury. Get some small dixie cups and freeze some water in them. After a workout take one of the dixie cups and tear most of the cup away leaving only the bottom and enough to grab hold of. Use this solid ice to dig into the sore tissues for 2-4 minutes to rapidly cool the tissues. It will feel quite cold. The body will respond by rushing blood to the area to warm it back up which will also bring oxygen to help heal the area.
I hope some of this helps.

Thanks I will give that a try and I think I'm jus going to continue to take it and hope the hell it helps

IML Gear Cream!
I was told by my PT to not do surgery on a rotator cuff issue I was having. Within 3 weeks she had my cuff feeling great. This was 15yrs ago and till this day I havent had 1 issue (knock on wood).
Important to stretch before working out.
Bench Pressing can really F up your cuff if you dont know what your doing.

Fish oil is great for raising your HDL cholesterol. Before taking fish oil, my HDL would run in the low 30s. After taking 1200mg twice a day, my HDL runs in the high 50s to low 60s.

I'm going to go against my brother vision here. Ignoring what ever someone else has said. I get pretty bad inflammation in my knee from surgery. Heavy leg days tear my knee up just from the pressure and strain. 4-6 grams of fish oils helps keep my inflammation down a decent amount. Just my .02 but I take it for health benefits anyways

all this feedback, I would love to have had some effects from it, I simply felt nothing.. I guess I was a non-responded??
I don't feel anything on it either... But i feel the effects when i go off.

all this feedback, I would love to have had some effects from it, I simply felt nothing.. I guess I was a non-responded??
I really had to have a good amount of it to start getting effects for inflammation.

you worded that perfectly that was my notion. .there is overwhelming amount of literature suggesting its benefits, I didn't notice anything but fishy burps
If you wanna eliminate the fishy burps try Wal-Mart brand SPRING VALLEY! it's one of the highest rated .and never had fishy burps!! I hate fishy burps. The encoated pills are small compared to normal fish oil pills. Not real long . Go down easily and like I said NEVER had one fishy burp!

If you wanna eliminate the fishy burps try Wal-Mart brand SPRING VALLEY! it's one of the highest rated .and never had fishy burps!! I hate fishy burps. The encoated pills are small compared to normal fish oil pills. Not real long . Go down easily and like I said NEVER had one fishy burp!
Krill oil is another great way to eliminate fish burps.

Yes, a combination of both is the way to go! But for fish oil, you can't beat the quality and there very small and best of all no burps. This is the only brand I didn't have fish burps.

I really had to have a good amount of it to start getting effects for inflammation.

I may have to try this, how high did you go?

that was one of the main reasons I stopped, I wanted to puke. If I eat something and burped and it mixed, I would gag on the stop

Get Shredded!

that was one of the main reasons I stopped, I wanted to puke. If I eat something and burped and it mixed, I would gag on the stop
I think the highest I went was 6g a day

Well no fishy burps lol been taking 3 a day for a week nothing yet
I never get the fishy burps bro. Idk why...I do eat whenever I take and type of pills so maybe that helps? Also I try not to take crap brands

Or just buy the burp-less kind.

Agreed and felt the same way! This is the only brand I didn't get the burps. I will not take other brands now. Ugh , I d have those burps all day long.

Back