• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

DR wants me to see a psychologist as condition for TRT

SHBG

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
After having my first blood tests (Test level: 8.9 mmol/l), i went to visit an Endocrinologist complaining about inabilty to sleep, a high ability of getting fat quickly, low libido and will to involve in sexual situations and daily fatigue.
DR stated that this level was "not optimal for your age" (23 yod). As a result i was sent for a hormonal + chemical profile including the next results:

1. Hba1c - 4.9%
2. calcium 9.00 mg/dl
3. mag+ 1.90 mg/dl
4. vitamind d (d2+d3) 21.40 ng/ml (nv - 30-100).
5. free t4 - 16.56 ng/ml (n.v - 10.60 - 19.40)
6. tsh - 3.81 uIU/ml (0.25-5)
7. LH - 2.48 mIU/ml (1.1-7.0)
8. Testosteron 6.01 ng/ml
9. Free testosteron 12.41 pg/ml

10. ACTH 43.66 (4.70-48.80)
11.IGF-I 178.2 ng/ml (197-333)

my doctor says that these results are better than the ones before but that she is a bit concered about the igf and the acth which is working overtime. I reflected the subject once again to the level of test and requested to start HRT to overcome the symptoms. She replied that in here opinion it might be better to wait but that if i insist to begin, she would like to rule out dipression as a cause of my situation and therefore reffered me to a psychologist.

Im fairly confused b/c of the messurement and due to the fact that every other online source relates to the normal ranges in a different way and therefore would be happy to recieve some new opinions here. im not sure about the values and about the right solution.

- I RELLAY NEED A QUICK REPLY as to what i should do since tomorrow im meeting with the psychologist after recieving a refferal from the endocrinoglist (btw the psychologist is a woman aswell).
*next visit to the DR is next weekend.

Thank a bunch to whoever!

Last edited:
I guess its kind of a special standart for total test, im not really sure... thats one of the reasons i posted here.
About being depressed, I am prone to depression - but i wouldnt say that i am currently.
before loosing my weight i was always extremely moody and tool a lot out on my family.

Please guys, any help would be appreciated.

Just go.
It will be a friendly visit.
She is mainly covering her ass for liability.
And if there is a problem you will get help.
Win win.

I will definitely go, its just that im not sure what to think with these results.
I sure do have many of the symtops of low t,
but with the info online i just cant seem to be able to get to a correct analysis about my levels. a

First thing to realize levels are created by testing a cross section of the population who "appear" to be healthy and normal. That being said just because you are in range on a specific test DOES NOT mean that its an ideal level for you!

I would fully expect TRT to benefit you however I have talked to very few people who found TRT to be the complete solution. A great many people on TRT still find that even with great T levels losing fat is difficult, trouble sleeping still exists and the list goes on.

Im a firm beleiver that low T is not in and of itself the problem in most cases. Its a SYMPTOM of a much larger underlying problem. You cant bake a cake without proper ingredients. You cant build a house PROPERLY without required materials. Day in and day out out bodies are assaulted by toxins that destroy nutrients and our food sources are feed improper foods and grown in depleted soils.

If you look at the symptoms of low T and hypothyroidism you will see a lot of overlap. Additional study will also show that there is a direct relationship between thyroid function and nearly every other hormonal system in the body. An ideally nourished body is capable of amazing things.

I used to never dream, never slept deep enough, now im sleeping like a baby. I had trouble losing fat, now I have to force myself to eat so I can progress strength wise in the gym and even then the fat is melting off. I dont have the aches and pains in my tendons and joints that I did 10 years ago.

Im in my mid 40's now and haven't felt as good as I do now since I was in my late 20's and its all because i have taken a comprehensive look at supplments, how they affect the various bodily processes and given my body what it needs for optimal health..

zyglamail, i deeply appreciate your full response. Im a person in the field of medicine myself, but still while being one, I’m not ashamed to say that my knowledge from reading articles is nothing put in front of the experience of people such as yourself.

I am well aware of the fact that our body and state are influenced constantly by multiple factors simultaneously, and therefore I am trying to receive the most functional and root-like treatment for my problem.
Duo the reading of my tests there is apparently a slight decrease in my thyroid functions (over stressing of TSH) and according to my doctor a none-dramatic decrease in my IGF-1 in regards to my age. HGH therapy was also discussed but it’ll be fair enough to say that if my knowledge in Male endocrinology is oh so limited, my understanding of high replacement therapy is even more so.

Nevertheless, I eat completely clean 99% of my meals, I work out 4 times a week, meditate and take supplements I think my body needs. I know it’s been discussed here for many times, but what about starting trt at my young age?
Any notion about HGH RT? I’d love to hear When did you start ur therapy, and of what kind? How did u change all those processes u mentioned?

I was at the psychologist today, the professional opinion written on paper was: “in the moment of diagnostics no apparent symptoms of clinical depression”.

This is currently my crossroad and the only data i can take in account as for the right solution is my tests on ur help guys.

You kind of missing my point, how clean you eat today doesnt matter. Our food sources are depleted of many nutrients so no matter how clean you eat you cant get what you need from food alone. This is further exacerbated by the toxic exposure we have. High heavy metal loads etc all destroy nutrients at an alarming rate.

No offense intended but unless a doc can cut me open to work on me they have little value. The medical system is broken since the patentability of drugs became the norm. The days of healing people with nutrients is long gone and the underlying nutritional importance with it. I was suffering from various issue for the last 15 plus years. Went tosee various docs and all said I was fine. After spending hundreds on my own lab tests and about 18 months treating myself all of my old problems are largely gone, including afib which the docs said could not be fixed!

Your waaaay to young to need external hormones, you have a much larger underlying nutritional problem. A persons genes can have a huge impact on their ability to process nutrients so often times supplements is critical to overall health. The topics of supplements in and of itself is awash in mystery. Everyone has something claimed to help something but the quality and form is not all equal.I spent months and month researching and trying various brands of specific nutrients, some simply did nothing while others of the same form had a profound impact on my well being clearly highlighting all supplements are not created equal. The fact they noticed TSH changes directly supports my comments above.

I would hold of on drugs from the doc for now, they will only mask symptoms. If your willing to spend some money on supplements and want some guidance let me know. I will help you devise a plan and make form and brand recommendations, you buy them where ever you chose. I dont sell anything or want any money, just want to spread the word and SHOW people what can be done with natural supplements and a little knowledge and patience. I bet within a year I can get you feeling better than you ever have before and all your labs will fall inline.

I bet within a year I can get you feeling better than you ever have before and all your labs will fall inline.

Is this something anyone can sign up for?

Update:

after visiting the doc and showing her the psychological results - decided to put me on hrt.
speaking to her a bit further i can see her understanding of different kind of treatments and meds is very limited - so I came with a bit of paperwork to make her more involved.

She said that she has no experience with other materials except for Nebido. which is what she decided to subscribe for me.
no serms, no AI's, no hcd, no nothing. I tried to convince her that test enathate would be better from what i read, but she said that (get this) she doesnt want to shut my hpta completey :D so, we will start with this and see how i react.

what should i do?
anybody had experience with Nebido (Testosterone undecanoate)?
how much should pharmacy take for it?
is it any useful?

confuseddddd

Update:

after visiting the doc and showing her the psychological results - decided to put me on hrt.
speaking to her a bit further i can see her understanding of different kind of treatments and meds is very limited - so I came with a bit of paperwork to make her more involved.

She said that she has no experience with other materials except for Nebido. which is what she decided to subscribe for me.
no serms, no AI's, no hcd, no nothing. I tried to convince her that test enathate would be better from what i read, but she said that (get this) she doesnt want to shut my hpta completey :D so, we will start with this and see how i react.

what should i do?
anybody had experience with Nebido (Testosterone undecanoate)?
how much should pharmacy take for it?
is it any useful?

update:

I visited the doctor after the written above, after a short convo during which i came to a conclusion that her knowledge of materials and actual procedures in trt is even more limited than mine - she decided to put me on trt.
I tried to insist on test enanthate, but she said that she has no exprience with it and therefore would rather purscribe me with Nebido (1000 mg of testosterone undecanoate in 4 ml amps) and we would consider switching along the road.

This was given unaccompanied with any serms, Ai's or hcg. she said (get this) it wouldnt be needed b/c the treatment will not totaly shut my own production down.

im again confused.
what should i do?
i havnet taken the first shot yet. should i? i understood it has a 1/2 life of a month!
how much should farmacy take for it? is it more expensive?
any experienced guys here with nebido?

Switch endo's.
Seriously. You will never get anywhere with her.
Make sure it's a male doc.
Tell her straight up you are not comfortable with her.
If she is a professional she won't care.
Good luck.

I haven't read all the replies, but this would not fly with me at all. I conceal carry and if you are found to see a therapist it violates the condition of your CCW in my state...so I'd find a different doctor or do TRT on my own. Wait, I already do that. :)

you want an endocrinologist not a general or primary care practitioner

If its your first time on t, and the feeling+way ur body adapts to it is all yet new and u were given the choice:
would you start ur first injection with a long term substence like nebido (pharma grade ofc) and than wait to see whats what, orrrr would u use a short lasting subs' like test ent' (ug! not pharma) before using a substance that has such a long 1/2 life?

tnx

Back