• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

DR called today with lab results next appointment is Friday

Hardline

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Dr called with the results from Mondays test. Said the test level was at 158. He would like for me to come in on Friday to discuss treatment. What questions should I ask. What treatment should I request? Anything I should steer clear of?

He most likely will put you on Test Cyp. Depending on your dr it can vary on how much he puts you on.
Maybe 200mg a month like my asshole dr.

He may offer you one of the gels . I would not want this , tried it . You want test cyp . Also you want to do the injections yourself at home . He would show you how and then you do your injections and you would come in every 6 months for blood work to check test levels , e2 and PSA . If they want to do the injections at their office that is a money making scheme . Make sure to get scripts for 10 ml vials not the 1ml amps , they are a pain and are difficult to get . Also you would want to discuss estrogen control and if you will be scripted an AI . Doctors use arimidex . Also possible hcg will be offered . he will start with a conservative dose and test after a month or so . That's the process . They want to ramp it up slowly to get you where you want to be . Also he may ask what are your goals and you need to think that through . For example is a nice middle range level good for you or are you looking for a high normal . Would he be open to this ? Do not ever appear you are trying to get too much drug or he will not let you do the injections . Let the process play out and be patient . hope this helps .

Or be like me and have dr tell you hes going to give you 200mg of test cyp a month and tell him to fukk off.

OKay, JJ so 200mg of test per month is not what I want? What are you suggesting? That is the kind of information I need to try to get this right the first time. Thanks

OKay, JJ so 200mg of test per month is not what I want? What are you suggesting? That is the kind of information I need to try to get this right the first time. Thanks
For most people its 100mg a week of enth or cyp + HCG OR 150-200mg week of test only. This should put most folks between 700-1100.

You should insist on weekly shots of Testosterone (T) Cypionate. The reason for this the half life (duration over which the testosterone looses half it's effectiveness) of the ester (the oil) - Cypionate is 5-7 days depending on the individual.

You'll want probably 100mg a week to start with or if the Dr feels you need more go with it, but make sure it's weekly. If he insists on doing the shots less often, do shots at home and tell us the dose to see if it would be wise to split it up.

HCG is not necessary, while it helps your body produce more T by itself, most people use it simply to keep their balls a bigger size and increase the size of their loads, haha. It's also used to get your sperm count up whenever you're looking to have children because while on TRT without HCG, your sperm count will most likely drop and your balls shrink (maximum of 25%).

There's something else called AI's, although they wont be needed yet. Get your estrogen checked monthly for the first couple months on TRT and if it's high ask about an AI (aromatase inhibitor), AI's help lower your estrogen (frequently shown in blood tests as e2). You do not want your estrogen too high or too low. Usually, people tend to lean towards 20-40 but most feel better around 40 from what I gather. You do not need AI's at this stage and should wait to ask about them, but you must have e2 levels checked.

All I can think of right now, hope it helps.

Good info Ron.
Most drs will not tell you that he will give you a script for 400mg a month but do let us know.
I was at 297 and dr told me he can get me on 200mg a MONTH. That wasnt going to happen as I can do 500mg a week myself :)

get the test...but don't use the first few vials..thatll keep your test levels low...then dr will give you for sure weekly....thats if he orders it for once a month shots...dont do the gels..way too many lawsuits on them things...i only say this because my uncle is going through TRT and i had him do this and now he's happy and growing weekly...he takes 200mg test cyp weekly..i give him his pin since he can't do it himself..needle phobia

Good info Ron.
Most drs will not tell you that he will give you a script for 400mg a month but do let us know.
I was at 297 and dr told me he can get me on 200mg a MONTH. That wasnt going to happen as I can do 500mg a week myself :)
Honestly I would just say no. I'd tell him I've read plenty of backed info that suggests more. Then if he won't listen, find a new doctor. There is so much bullshit surrounding trt and I think it scares doctors.

IML Gear Cream!
Honestly I would just say no. I'd tell him I've read plenty of backed info that suggests more. Then if he won't listen, find a new doctor. There is so much bullshit surrounding trt and I think it scares doctors.

I'd let him write the trt scrip then stay on the program until he finds a new doc. Never pass up legit pharma test c, never. Beware of doctor shopping too much though. Most states keep close track of this sort of thing. The last thing he needs is to get nailed passing scrips from numerous doctors all over town. They treat juice just like any other controlled dangerous substance, like pain pills and such. Just an FYI.

Okay todays outcome. Test Cyp. 200mg/ml 1 ML every 2 weeks.I asked him about the peaks and valleys of the every 2 weeks. He said lets give this a try and see how it goes. Said we will retest in 2-3 months. Said his goal is a 600-700 on the retest.

I'd let him write the trt scrip then stay on the program until he finds a new doc. Never pass up legit pharma test c, never. Beware of doctor shopping too much though. Most states keep close track of this sort of thing. The last thing he needs is to get nailed passing scrips from numerous doctors all over town. They treat juice just like any other controlled dangerous substance, like pain pills and such. Just an FYI.
That's why I wouldn't accept it. That is an awful protocol. Just talk with him and if he doesn't agree see if he will recommend you to a good doctor who specializes in this sort of thing. That's just my .02 though.

That's why I wouldn't accept it. That is an awful protocol. Just talk with him and if he doesn't agree see if he will recommend you to a good doctor who specializes in this sort of thing. That's just my .02 though.

I see what you're saying now. Holding out for a better program is a good idea and I'll gladly take that 2 cents. :)

Okay todays outcome. Test Cyp. 200mg/ml 1 ML every 2 weeks.I asked him about the peaks and valleys of the every 2 weeks. He said lets give this a try and see how it goes. Said we will retest in 2-3 months. Said his goal is a 600-700 on the retest.

You should tell him your goal is 6000-7000 on retest. LOL, jj

Righto mate, that's a fairly decent and average outcome. Make sure when he retests your levels that you do no let them be taken on a peak. So if he wants to test a couple days after your injection or so, do your injections at home and miss that injection so your levels are rock bottom.

If he wants your levels checked a couple days before your next injection - roll with it, they'll be low as shit anyways.

If he has you on 200mg/ml of test every 2 weeks and tests the peaks he's a joke anyways, haha. But make your when your tests come in they are low. Tell him you feel awesome (symptoms alleviating) for the first week after injection but get incredibly moody and anxious during the second. This wont be hard to fake because it's most likely how you will feel.

Push again for increased frequency. Perhaps recommend the dosage be split in two, and injected weekly instead. <---- IMPORTANT

During the tests in 2-3 months ask about testing for estrogen (e2) because you were doing some research on the aromatisation of testosterone and its negative long-term effects on males. Try to make sure you express your concern for this sincerely as almost all medical professionals will not test for it in males.

Your e2 will most likely be high on this testing after a couple months, but don't stress AI's just yet, as increased frequency of shots will mean your e2 becomes more stable.

Are you doing your shots at home? If so, you can split that shot into weekly shots right now, but that's up to you, feel the situation out a bit.

Hope this helps.

Righto mate, that's a fairly decent and average outcome. Make sure when he retests your levels that you do no let them be taken on a peak. So if he wants to test a couple days after your injection or so, do your injections at home and miss that injection so your levels are rock bottom.

If he wants your levels checked a couple days before your next injection - roll with it, they'll be low as shit anyways.

If he has you on 200mg/ml of test every 2 weeks and tests the peaks he's a joke anyways, haha. But make your when your tests come in they are low. Tell him you feel awesome (symptoms alleviating) for the first week after injection but get incredibly moody and anxious during the second. This wont be hard to fake because it's most likely how you will feel.

Push again for increased frequency. Perhaps recommend the dosage be split in two, and injected weekly instead. <---- IMPORTANT

During the tests in 2-3 months ask about testing for estrogen (e2) because you were doing some research on the aromatisation of testosterone and its negative long-term effects on males. Try to make sure you express your concern for this sincerely as almost all medical professionals will not test for it in males.

Your e2 will most likely be high on this testing after a couple months, but don't stress AI's just yet, as increased frequency of shots will mean your e2 becomes more stable.

Are you doing your shots at home? If so, you can split that shot into weekly shots right now, but that's up to you, feel the situation out a bit.

Hope this helps.
Yes injections at home. And yes he mentioned taking the retest like 3 days after an injection. So should I just just take .5 ML every week?

Yes injections at home. And yes he mentioned taking the retest like 3 days after an injection. So should I just just take .5 ML every week?

Does the Doc seem willing to work with you?

Splitting it weekly will help you feel better. Inject weekly 0.5ml.

Don't miss injection before blood work, do as he asks.

If you inject 200mg 3 days before the bloods, he will see a peak of your T, and that peak will be around 1000, which will make him want to lower the dose. Only inject 100mg 3 days before injection, like usual.

I hope 100mg will put you in the 700s. In which case that's a pretty good range, although you could try and work a slightly higher dose.

If it puts you under 700s, say 500, then ask about splitting the shots up into weekly and at around 150mg a week or 100mg a week to start with. Hopefully he's an idiot and says "we'll try 400mg every 2 weeks!" which will be perfect, lol.

For now, inject weekly, and we'll see what the bloods say in a couple months! All the best :D

Yes I pretty sure he is. I told him I had been doing alot of reading and research on this stuff to educate myself when I am going to start taking something. He first brought up asking what I thought about the Gels and I dismissed them.

He just went straight to the injecting of test and asked if I thought I could do it my self. I said sure then he told me that we would be doing it every 2 weeks. I then brought up the aspect of the half life of the ester oil being 4 days and he said yea all the information I had was accurate.

I'm sure if we discuss the huge up and down swings that he will allow me to go weekly 0.5ml. If we are still below target I'm sure he will up the dosage as well.

I picked up my prescription yesterday. I was surprised at the price of the script. I was thinking it was going to be expensive and it was surprisingly cheap. I asked for generic and it says Watson on the box.

Get Shredded!
I picked up my prescription yesterday. I was surprised at the price of the script. I was thinking it was going to be expensive and it was surprisingly cheap. I asked for generic and it says Watson on the box.
Send me some lol.

Yes I pretty sure he is. I told him I had been doing alot of reading and research on this stuff to educate myself when I am going to start taking something. He first brought up asking what I thought about the Gels and I dismissed them.

He just went straight to the injecting of test and asked if I thought I could do it my self. I said sure then he told me that we would be doing it every 2 weeks. I then brought up the aspect of the half life of the ester oil being 4 days and he said yea all the information I had was accurate.

I'm sure if we discuss the huge up and down swings that he will allow me to go weekly 0.5ml. If we are still below target I'm sure he will up the dosage as well.

Well that's awesome, happy for ya! Stick with him, keep us all informed :D and about the price, yeah, it's dirt cheap, test is not expensive at all.

...unless it's Androgel

I think I was quoted $562 a month??? It was a couple of years ago but pretty sure that was the going price.

My insurance does not cover TRT.

I also hear a vial of Watson test cyp has shot up because of Androgel. Guess Watson did not want to leave any profit on the floor when considering what people/insurance companies pay for the gel.

Back