• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

recovery..

myrdycz

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Been having best workouts in years..currently running 60 MG anavar ed and 500 MG test e split up Saturday/wednesday .5 mg eod of anastroloze..issue I'm having is soreness in muscles worked out day before..I the pumps are insane but next day just am so sore can't recover..today was soo bad had to just do cardio as yesterday was bi, tri, chest, delt day..I'm 5'10 246lbs..daily protein intake is 250g..fish oil and immediately after work out I do 2 scoop of musclemeds secret sauce with 10 Oz water.daily water intake is 160 Oz water to 200 depending on Temps in gym..any input would be helpful

it generally takes more than a day to recover, even on gear. i haven't been sore on gear in years (from working out, pip is another story), i'm just weaker when i try to hit the muscle group again and i'm not recovered. give your muscle groups a couple days rest between hitting them and you shouldn't have any issues.

Thx bro..wierd though was never sore before gear now it's like it's come out of no where..I know I'm doing heavier and reps to failure then some guess it's a good thing though for sure..was just wondering if I add something or up something it can be more manageable..this is my first cycle ever though so I guess it's to be expected..

Thx bro..wierd though was never sore before gear now it's like it's come out of no where..I know I'm doing heavier and reps to failure then some guess it's a good thing though for sure..was just wondering if I add something or up something it can be more manageable..this is my first cycle ever though so I guess it's to be expected..

as with anything, just listen to your body and rest when needed. it's totally ok to lift while sore, sometimes it's the best way to get over soreness. if soreness is persisting longer than 3 or so days then you probably need to look into alternatives other than just resting. make sure you're stretching on a regular basis, both static and active. i'm sure some others will chime in with some helpful tips or advice, i'm in a bit of a time crunch with work so i'm keeping my answers as concise as i can while being helpful.

IML Gear Cream!
curious to see your workout routine ,.....

At 246 lbs you should be eating almost double the amount of protein that you stated, IMO. What are your carbs like? Your body can't recover if you are not giving it proper amounts of nutrition.

At 246 lbs you should be eating almost double the amount of protein that you stated, IMO. What are your carbs like? Your body can't recover if you are not giving it proper amounts of nutrition.

Wut?
You're saying he needs 500grams of protein a day... Um, no.
1g/lb is fine. He could go slightly higher but since he's on AAS, he doesn't really have to worry about muscle loss while dieting

I wouldn't say 500g but I agree he should up the protein. I have 300-320g and I weigh 210.

Wut?
You're saying he needs 500grams of protein a day... Um, no.
1g/lb is fine. He could go slightly higher but since he's on AAS, he doesn't really have to worry about muscle loss while dieting
Um, yes....smart ass
I do not agree with you on this. 1g per lb is minimum when not on cycle. When protein synthesis is elevated 1.5g per lb should be the minimum.

Anyhow, I guess I missed the part about how the guy is taking aas and doesn't want to gain any lbm.

I'm currently 235lbs and take in no less than 400g of protein a day even when cutting. Learn a bit about nutrition before you make a comment on something you obviously know nothing about.

Um, yes....smart ass
I do not agree with you on this. 1g per lb is minimum when not on cycle. When protein synthesis is elevated 1.5g per lb should be the minimum.

Anyhow, I guess I missed the part about how the guy is taking aas and doesn't want to gain any lbm.

I'm currently 235lbs and take in no less than 400g of protein a day even when cutting. Learn a bit about nutrition before you make a comment on something you obviously know nothing about.

What you're saying is bro-science BS.
There's no need for more than 1.5gs/lb ever and even that is stretching it. It's just being wasted and not to mention the expense. In fact, new research says .8g/lb is sufficient.

What you're saying is bro-science BS.
There's no need for more than 1.5gs/lb ever and even that is stretching it. It's just being wasted and not to mention the expense. In fact, new research says .8g/lb is sufficient.

Ok, Im open mined on this. Please post the study you are referring to so that I may be enlightened.

I am only stating personal results with the 1.5g+/lb. as well as countless trainers and ifbb pro's opinions.

Also, If I ate 1g protein like you state and wanted to bulk and keep my macros at roughly 40/40/20 how in the world would a person gain any lbm at such a low caloric intake?

i bump the protein to 300 a day now...

What are your total calories per day? Seriously, if you are not eating enough your recovery will suffer. Also are you getting enough rest on a nightly basis?

Get Shredded!
probably not enough rest..i work midnights...total calorie daily is 3600-4000...some days are higher..

- - - Updated - - -

it was just one of them great workouts..amazing sweat pumps and i knew when i was done and in shower i had overdone it...

Got ya. Keep eating and hitting it hard! Work on the sleep part, it's really important to recovery. Maybe take some extra glutamine on a daily basis.

here is my meals so far today..740am i had cup of white rice and 6 scrambled eggs with a strawberry 2 scoop with milk protein shake 20 oz... today is pin day so 1ml of 250mg of test e and 60 mg of anavar...my morning snack was 10am and i had 2 chicken tenderloins grilled with some ranch dressing and finished my 5th 16.9 oz bottle of water and another 20 oz milk protein shake...from 11am to 1230 pm i was in gym. following gym was 10 oz of water and 2 scoops of musclemeds secret sauce and a chocolate muscle milk...lunch at 120pm was a 12 ounce buffalo meat burger with 2 pieces of bacon and some french dijon spicy mustard..2 glasses of milk and my 180th oz of water...afternoon snack was 2 cups of rice some cajun spices and butter and 15 pieces of shrimp and another 20 oz milk and protein shake...dinner tonight is 16 oz ribeye steak grilled medium well a garden salad and for desert raspberry yogurt...tonight is a work night so ill have some venison jerky to snack and more water. on till i get out of work in the morning when ill have some hardboiled eggs and scrambled eggs and a protein shake and gym on way home from work. most meals will be same tomorrow except lunch will be salmon....

So how many grams of protein do you get from you shakes on a daily basis?

Im not too sure but with the meal schedule you have listed above it looks like way more than half of your daily protein intake in powder form. Real food is WAY more beneficial. Just wanted to throw that out there. Also just wanted to point out that at 256lbs 4k cals ed is probably just at or below maintenance. If you want more gains you need to eat more. I will be hitting 250lbs in the next month and by that time I will be at about 5k cals ed to keep the gains coming. I am done lecturing you about nutrition....I hope that it helped in some way. Good luck

Ok, Im open mined on this. Please post the study you are referring to so that I may be enlightened.

I am only stating personal results with the 1.5g+/lb. as well as countless trainers and ifbb pro's opinions.

Also, If I ate 1g protein like you state and wanted to bulk and keep my macros at roughly 40/40/20 how in the world would a person gain any lbm at such a low caloric intake?

Gee idk. Up the carbs? You dont have to get equal calories from carbs and fat. (By no means do you need to be afraid of carbs, no problem with eating 250 g protein, 450 carbs)But hes getting 250 grams of protein. Plenty. 300 is a safety net. 4-5 hundred, a fucking waste.

no worries fellas thx for the input..yes up my carbs and easy on the shakes more meat it is...just had wife stopped at walmarts and grabbed some tuna cans..

Im not too sure but with the meal schedule you have listed above it looks like way more than half of your daily protein intake in powder form. Real food is WAY more beneficial. Just wanted to throw that out there. Also just wanted to point out that at 256lbs 4k cals ed is probably just at or below maintenance. If you want more gains you need to eat more. I will be hitting 250lbs in the next month and by that time I will be at about 5k cals ed to keep the gains coming. I am done lecturing you about nutrition....I hope that it helped in some way. Good luck

Agreed. Replace most of your current shake with real, lean protein sources. Save the shakes for after the workout and in a pinch other wise. Real food is more beneficial.

You may need to up your total cals as well.

Back