• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Best workout shoes?

John Johnson

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So in the past I use the vibram five fingers shoes, vivobarefoot shoe and currently have the new balance minimus. The new balance minimus shoes just suck badly, just don't buy it due to the cheap materials. So I was wondering what would be an idea shoes that is use in the gym with ability to be use in squatting, deadlift and etc. while keeping your personal arches in the foot and light in weight. For me, I just find it very difficult to really know if the shoes are really what the manufacture companies claim their product will do what they stated. Plus the written review from customers seem somewhat bias.

I see a bunch of guys using flip flops they must work wonders. ha ha. z tech by reebok work good for me gives a good cushion.

VS Athletics $80 and Addis Powerlift Trainer $90

The human body through natural selection is not designed to repetively lift heavy weights. Support is essential, barefoot shoes may be fine for hipster runners but when it comes to weightlifting they suck.

By for the best otomix stingrays. Been using them for years. Once you use them you will never go back.

I just use good ole nike running shoes.Never had a problem.

My buddy wears only flip flops ever. Myself just your regular Nikes nothing special

Been noticing a lot of guys doing squats and DL with socks lately. New trend?

Just some Nikes for me.

I wear plain old Champions from PayLess!!!! Cheap and comfortable. But if I had my way...................it would be NO SHOES AT ALL. Except for cardio, shoes are necessary. I'd much rather be barefoot, you can "feel the floor" so much better. But that's not allowed in my gym.....or any other gym that I know of. Safety issue I guess. Poor JD his shoes are literally falling apart. Poor man. :p

Last edited:
I wear plain old Champions from PayLess!!!! Cheap and comfortable. But if I had my way...................it would be NO SHOES AT ALL. Except for cardio, shoes are necessary. I'd much rather be barefoot, you can "feel the floor" so much better. But that's not allowed in my gym.....or any other gym that I know of. Safety issue I guess. Poor JD his shoes are literally falling apart. Poor man. :p
Woman buy your man some more shoes. Lol just kidding

Woman buy your man some more shoes. Lol just kidding

LOL!!!!!!!! :)
I would but can't right now. His shoes are BIG!!!! Not that, that matters in cost mind you. I would love to buy him new shoes (maybe for Christmas). He just spend his "shoe money" on a car battery for me. He's such a good guy. But y'all already know that. Hey, let's start up a JD "shoe fund". Anyone????

LOL!!!!!!!! :)
I would but can't right now. His shoes are BIG!!!! Not that, that matters in cost mind you. I would love to buy him new shoes (maybe for Christmas). He just spend his "shoe money" on a car battery for me. He's such a good guy. But y'all already know that. Hey, let's start up a JD "shoe fund". Anyone????
Now thats a good man right there. We like our gear and training but if the wife isnt happy none of that matters.

Been noticing a lot of guys doing squats and DL with socks lately. New trend?

Just some Nikes for me.
Barefoot is best. If can't so that (not a good idea in public gyms), going with Chuck Taylors or similar is good. Ppl who don't want to spend the $ on CT's will go sockfoot. Some germ protection and no cushion to fuck up.the lifts.

I've been wearing wrestling shoes to the gym for twenty years, I love them for everything except squats and cleans, I have some hip mobility issues that make it tough to get to and maintain proper form on squats, especially front squats and squat cleans, I have been wearing oly shoes for about two and a half years, combined with extra stretching specific to my needs it has helped a great deal

Shoes don't make a wieght lifter.....maybe other sports.

Steel toe boots when I used to lift. People always looked at my like I was weird, too

Ha ha ha ha ha tight. My kids are my beard? Or in this case, my toothbrush mustache?

I just wear shoes. Nothing fancy. Usually just Nike running shoes

Back