• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Is tramadol bad?

nuttz51

I am a pothead
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Docs got me on them for my back pain. Is lifting while on them safe?

You should be fine. Here's some light reading I found, lol.

2-[(Dimethylamino)methyl]-1-(3-methoxyphenyl)cyclohexanol
Clinical data
Trade namesRyzolt, Tramal, Ultram
AHFS/Drugs.commonograph
MedlinePlusa695011
Licence dataUS FDA:link
Pregnancy cat.
AU: C
US: C
Legal status
AU: Prescription Only (S4)
CA: ℞-only
UK: POM
US: Schedule IV
Dependence
liability
Low
RoutesOral, IV, IM, rectal
Pharmacokinetic data
Bioavailability70-75% (oral), 77% (rectal), 100% (IM)[1]
Protein binding20%[2]
MetabolismLiver-mediated demethylation and glucuronidation via CYP2D6 & CYP3A4[1][2]
Half-life6.3 ± 1.4 hr[2]
ExcretionUrine (95%)[3]
Identifiers
CAS number27203-92-5
ATC codeN02AX02
PubChemCID 33741
DrugBankDB00193
ChemSpider31105
UNII39J1LGJ30J
KEGGD08623
ChEBICHEBI:9648
ChEMBLCHEMBL1066
Chemical data
FormulaC16H25NO2
Mol. mass263.4 g/mol
SMILES
CN(C)C[C@H]1CCCC[C@@]1(C2=CC(=CC=C2)OC)O
InChI
InChI=1S/C16H25NO2/c1-17(2)12-14-7-4-5-10-16(14,18)13-8-6-9-15(11-13)19-3/h6,8-9,11,14,18H,4-5,7,10,12H2,1-3H3/t14-,16+/m1/s1
Key:TVYLLZQTGLZFBW-ZBFHGGJFSA-N

(what is this?) (verify)
Tramadol (marketed as the hydrochloride salt by Janssen Pharmaceutica as Ultram, and as generics) is used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain. It has two different mechanisms. First, it binds to the μ-opioid receptor. Second, it inhibits the reuptake of serotonin and norepinephrine.[4]

Tramadol is a centrally acting atypical opioid analgesic with additional serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake-inhibiting effects.[5] It is marketed as a racemic mixture of both R- and S-stereoisomers.[1] This is because the two isomers complement each other's analgesic activity.[1] It is often combined with paracetamol as this is known to improve the efficacy of tramadol in relieving pain.[1] Tramadol is an atypical opioid because it is a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor of and, by itself, a fairly weak μ-opioid receptor agonist.[6][7] Tramadol is metabolised to O-desmethyltramadol, which is a significantly more potent opioid with additional norepinephrine reuptake-inhibiting properties,[1] making it analogous to tapentadol.[8] When taken as an immediate-release oral formulation, the onset of pain relief usually occurs within about an hour.[9]

It was launched and marketed as Tramal by the German pharmaceutical company Grünenthal GmbH in 1977 in West Germany, even though it would take another 20 years for it to be launched in English-speaking countries such as the UK, U.S., and Australia.[5]

Medical uses
Adverse effects
Chemistry
Mechanism of action
Pharmacokinetics
Society and culture
Veterinary medicine
Pin cushion tree
See also
References
External links
Read in another language
Mobile*Desktop

it doesnt screw me up but does make e a lil sleepy...

it wires the jack right out of his brain

If I take more than 150mg at once I get an opiate like high. Shit makes me kinda nervous

You will be OK. I have tramadol also for the same issue. I'm new to the forum but just wanted to share that. I wouldn't take it unless needed. I can tell you this they normally give tramadol to opiate addicts who are out of meds. They use it as something to help them before they can fill their next script.

You will be OK. I have tramadol also for the same issue. I'm new to the forum but just wanted to share that. I wouldn't take it unless needed. I can tell you this they normally give tramadol to opiate addicts that need something to help them before they can fill their next script.

you will build a tolerance to that High effect you may see at first..
also.. once ultram/tramadol is in your system.. It's really not like most other pain meds.. meaning the more you take the higher you will get.. They really don't work like that.
If I take 50mgs or 150 mgs.. I feel the same way. I have to take them for my knees at times.

depending upon your injury.. I would be more worried about effecting that, than I would be about taking the tramadol while working out.

Tramadol is suppose to be a pain killer that you don't get addicted to like opiates. But if taken daily for long periods of time you will need to taper off and will have similar but more manageable withdraws. If you only take on the occasional flair up it shouldn't be a problem at all, but everyone is different. I notice when I take it I get wired (like Sheriv mentioned about the Jack) and feel great for about 8 hours. After it wears off I feel tired, irritable, and just in general shitty for the next 24 hours. But that's just me.

As for lifting, you should be fine.

Back