• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Overcoming fear of the needle?

jdude330

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys, i'm on my first injectable cycle, and just like some of you, I'm scared of needles. I have done about 8 total self injections. However my 4th time, I hit a vein and drew up blood. Then again on my 6th time i drew up blood again. So 2/8 times, i have hit a vein. I though it was so rare to hit a vein that doctors and nurses don't even aspirate? I'm injecting my quads. I have done a lot of research on where I'm supposed to inject. After I hit those veins, my fear of injecting went through the roof. Before i hit the veins, i was slowly getting more confident. But now I'm more scared than the time i did my first shot. I use 25g 1". And i have been sticking the sucker all the way in. I was supposed to do my injection yesterday, but pussed out. Tried to do it a little while ago but pussed out again. And idk if it's the test that's making me so emotional or what but I get so pissed and then i get so upset and frustrated with myself, to the point of me hitting walls and shit lol. I'm only injecting about 0.7 ml at a time. I'm just scared i might hit a nerve and my leg will go numb and pain will shoot down my leg, or when i stab myself, my leg will cramp up and i wont be able to get the needle out, or that i hit a vein. Or maybe I stab myself and aspirate, and see no blood and inject, but maybe i move the needle just a little by accident and move it into a vein and then inject into the vein. Does anyone else think like this or am i just a freak lol. Any tips or help would be appreciated. I know i have to stop being a pussy, thanks guys

For me, Ive only drawn blood a cpl times as well, and felt like I hit a nerve once because my legs jumped but what I do is pinch the quad around the top middle and pin there. I use a 22g, 1" also. I just put it against the skin and push slowly, instead of poking.

Your going to have to Stop being a pussy. ;)
maybe this is not for you
stop stressing, making it worse. Raising heart rate making you more likely to bleed.
steady hands
try listening to some music to help take your mind off it
Do a bit more research on yiur pinning locations, avoid any obvious veins

In two years of pinning ive drawn blood into the syringe only once. You probably had bad luck.
keep going if you want. But you can always stop.

stop stressing, making it worse. Raising heart rate making you more likely to bleed.
steady hands

In two years of pinning ive drawn blood into the syringe only once. You probably had bad luck.

Excellent advise right there^^

I have the same track record with only drawing blood once in almost 2 years as well.

Hey guys, i'm on my first injectable cycle, and just like some of you, I'm scared of needles. I have done about 8 total self injections. However my 4th time, I hit a vein and drew up blood. Then again on my 6th time i drew up blood again. So 2/8 times, i have hit a vein. I though it was so rare to hit a vein that doctors and nurses don't even aspirate? I'm injecting my quads. I have done a lot of research on where I'm supposed to inject. After I hit those veins, my fear of injecting went through the roof. Before i hit the veins, i was slowly getting more confident. But now I'm more scared than the time i did my first shot. I use 25g 1". And i have been sticking the sucker all the way in. I was supposed to do my injection yesterday, but pussed out. Tried to do it a little while ago but pussed out again. And idk if it's the test that's making me so emotional or what but I get so pissed and then i get so upset and frustrated with myself, to the point of me hitting walls and shit lol. I'm only injecting about 0.7 ml at a time. I'm just scared i might hit a nerve and my leg will go numb and pain will shoot down my leg, or when i stab myself, my leg will cramp up and i wont be able to get the needle out, or that i hit a vein. Or maybe I stab myself and aspirate, and see no blood and inject, but maybe i move the needle just a little by accident and move it into a vein and then inject into the vein. Does anyone else think like this or am i just a freak lol. Any tips or help would be appreciated. I know i have to stop being a pussy, thanks guys

My advice would be to stop pinning your quads, at least for now. Try ass and delts until you get used to pinning. I've always thought they were just generally easier injecting sites.

- - - Updated - - -

steady hands

Or just grow a pair. ;)

I'm a needle noob also, 12 weeks in I have only use delts switching every week with no problems, 25g 1 1/2" pin

Is this where you are pinning your quad?

thigh_.jpg

Agree, try gluts until you get over that pinning issue....or have a shot of jagger before! just man-up !

Kudos for getting through the first shot and then the next seven. That's tough enough as it is. But it may take dozens more to really get the hang of it and finally let the dread go... stick with it! A little booze will def help, but only a little lest you drunk-pin some crazy dose.

As mention above, though, give up the quads. Go with ventrogluteal as your #1, dorsal and #2. If rotation requires, throw in delts. It seems like most guys have blood/nerve/pip troubles with quads. I fucking hate em. I can't count the number of times I would do repeated re-pins leaving lots of blood drops all over since there seemed to be a nerve or vessel every quarter-inch like little landmines, and when finally I'd find a peaceful spot and get the oil in I'd wind up with some bad pip anyway. Quads suck, imo.

Is your tampon bigger than your syringe?
Just kidding bro.
You just need to sit there and realize it won't hurt. Think of past injections, immunizations, flu shots, etc.
Stick to the major muscle groups and use the write size and just dart it. Rest your wrist upon adjacent skin, line up the needle, bend back and the wrist and then snap your wrist back down and it's in.

SOME nurses and doctors don't aspirate and it's usually because they're almost always injection delt, ventro or subq.

Make sure you aspirate, the guys who don't aspirate are stupid. Let's say your gear isn't sterile, whether from your handling or the lab. The body can amount an easier immune response against an infection in the skin/muscle. You're going to have a far worse day if you happen to go septic from blasting a barrel full of unsterile gear directly into your blood stream.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
Relax, nothing you can do will kill you. Quads are my favorite just because it's an easy to reach inject spot. However it did take me a long time to find the sweet spot where I wasn't hitting veins and getting pip.

Is this where you are pinning your quad?

thigh_.jpg
Yes, if you cut the quad directly down the middle horizontally and then vertically, say i'm pinning my left quad, about two inches from the vertical line is where i inject.

Fuck injecting quads,.....crippling pain usually 12 hrs after injection... glutes and delts only for me, but that's me..........YMMV and all

i was scared my first pin..... i actually fainted lol, i got my wife to do the next couple and then one day just went for it again..... now i cant stop. i love it.

So you have some guys tell you to man up and they are right because they are pro. But don't worry I go easy on you. Here a website that will help you with understanding the location of the muscles. http://anatomy.askthetrainer.com so you know that the Vastus lateralis is the muscle you want to injected in. So find where it origin on your body. Yes, touch yourself to palpate the orgin of the vastus lateralis which is on the Greater trochanter of the femus, Linea aspera of the femur. Next, find the insertion which is the tibial tuberosity by the patellar tendon. The action is extend the leg so with one hand on the origin and one hand on the insertion extend the leg to feel the muscle shorting and follow it to the middle of your leg. Now that should help you locate your vastus lateralis in the middle of your legs. A helpful tip to not feel the needle go through the skin is to pinch your skin for 15 seconds exactly where you are going to pin yourself. Wipe it with rubbing alcohol and slide that bad boy in. Seriously if you feel the action of the muscles in general with your hand, you will understand it better to inject into it plus understand how to work it out in the gym.

Quads are hit and miss for people. Some live them, some hate them. I love them, personally.

When you say you get blood - are you talking aspirated or after you pull needle out? If after needle out, ignore it. Usually means you hit surface vein on the way in. If you get blood during aspirate, pull out, get fresh needle (not barrel), and try new spot.

Quads are hit and miss for people. Some live them, some hate them. I love them, personally.

When you say you get blood - are you talking aspirated or after you pull needle out? If after needle out, ignore it. Usually means you hit surface vein on the way in. If you get blood during aspirate, pull out, get fresh needle (not barrel), and try new spot.

This is absolutely a truism. For me I simply started with quads because I knew two things: I could see it easy, reach it super easy and could steady my hand on something. I also have stupid thick legs so I use a 1 1/2" and go deep if you will. I did glutes only after reaching 3ml of injection material. This for years was my go to; quads.
I've recently done delts, tri's and pecs with 1.5ml. I'd suggest delts and pecs (provided you got some ;) ). Very little pain, easy to reach and they'll hold your amount without issue.
Some peeps just don't do well with quads.

I cant understand why new guys go for quads. More nerves, more veins. WTF....ventro glutes or glutes...this isnt rocket science. If you draw blood just pull it out move a half inch away and push it back in. Its your blood, not gonna hurt you.
I have drawn blood in quads twice. I have drawn blood in a delt once. I have pulled a pin out of my delt and had blood shoot two feet (literally) out of my arm.

Such is the nature of the game sometimes. You're gonna have to deal with it. IMHO quads are not for noobs.

^^^ and if you pull out and go right back in quickly changing the needle isnt necessary. I get intra muscular and intra tendon prolotherapy injections and one needle gets used in and out until its beyond dull. Its the same principal.

Get Shredded!
I cant understand why new guys go for quads. More nerves, more veins. WTF....ventro glutes or glutes...this isnt rocket science. If you draw blood just pull it out move a half inch away and push it back in. Its your blood, not gonna hurt you.
I have drawn blood in quads twice. I have drawn blood in a delt once. I have pulled a pin out of my delt and had blood shoot two feet (literally) out of my arm.

Such is the nature of the game sometimes. You're gonna have to deal with it. IMHO quads are not for noobs.

^^^ and if you pull out and go right back in quickly changing the needle isnt necessary. I get intra muscular and intra tendon prolotherapy injections and one needle gets used in and out until its beyond dull. Its the same principal.

It's funny. I didn't use quads for the longest time. Now it's my go to. I have gone a little too low being sloppy. I swear I pinned my IT band once, fuark

When I got on this forum I never pinned and had an extreme fear of needles. That was the only fear I've ever had in my life. After tons of reading and advice I went for it and has been fine since the first pin. I actually grew to look forward to pin days. I started with good technique, so I've never had pin injection pain. Tons of pip, but no insertion pain. It gets easier every time with practice. Hang in there, it gets better

Aspirated, and then saw blood

I chose to go with my quads because it was easy for me to see what exactly i'm doing without twisting and turning and can keep my hand steady. I think i found the right spot where i need to inject in my quad, set everything up and couldn't do it and finally got the injection done in my quad

You should ice the area you are going to pin for 15 - 20 min. It will numb everything and your injection will feel a lot better. I was once a needle pussy too, and the ice really helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny. I didn't use quads for the longest time. Now it's my go to. I have gone a little too low being sloppy. I swear I pinned my IT band once, fuark

Have hit it. Or something...i dunno....FUCK ME it hurt so fucking bad for like two weeks. Years ago though.

Have hit it. Or something...i dunno....FUCK ME it hurt so fucking bad for like two weeks. Years ago though.
Do you think it's ok to inject a little more in the middle more toward the rectus femoris? Not diretly in the middle, but maybe an inch or two from the middle?

Yeah. Remember my post about pinning too low, yet I forced the pin anyway? That was it buddy..

Back