• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

im building a blog/site

Sheriv

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
and need some input guys..

do any of you subscribe to blog? who? what do you read?
what kind of content?

the site will be more than just a blog but I'm trying to get a feel for styles for the weight lifting/ body building/ fitness types

some that I read and like are

Tim Ferriss...love this guy, hes fuckin hilarious and I love the content on his sites, I love his marketing honestly and if I could hang out with anyone for a weekend it might possibly be Tim Ferriss .I do actually own both 4hr body and the 4 hour workweek and like them ..I realize they're not for the serious lifter or any such thing..thats fine by me. Interacts on his site regularly-just seems like a fun dude (who else does a blog on being a professional monkey trainer). I might have a crush.

I like Anthony Mychal, also pretty amusing but more emo/nerd/skinny fat kid gone lifter... likes functional strength-I'm down with that. Likes interacting with his reader base.

JC Deen- shares a birthday with me, super down to earth guy, is very inquisitive- he's changed dieting and lifting styles several times. Very quick to respond in depth if you ask him something or get into a thoughtful conversation with you. i didn't ultimately agree with his current theory about something- a rabbit hole he was down at the time.

Martin Berkham- hands down best lifting advice I've ever utilized. I love that hes not afraid to tell conventional wisdom to go fuck itself. He is a bit arrogant though and I've never been worth his time to answer..so ..thats too bad. The arrogance comes across in his writing and I sort of respect it...dude supposedly maintains 6% bf yr round w/o effort.

Roman Romaniello- I love this guy and hate this guy. hes every frat boy you've ever met but funny. His marketing is a hair repetitive and transparent though and this kind of depresses me..also he's every frat guy youve ever met so this sort of blows
one of the FEW personalities that acknowledges that in some instances..women shouldnt train like guys unless theyre ok with big triceps in sweaters (lotta women aren't) and sizing out of skinny jeans (lotta women aren't ok with this either)[-no one ever mentions calf height boots which I really miss)

I subscribe to marks Daily apple but only make it over there if I lookin for good paleo recipes honestly...paleo tends to be synonymous with keto.

so..what do you read and or subscribe to?

you dont ever find yourself reading them while researching something out on the nets?

I follow and frequent several outlets besides forums. http://www.elitefts.net/ website I am subscribed to. I am not a powerlifter but they just have tons of great information on there. I always tune in to Blue Collar Muscle Radio on RXMuscle.com. I listen to and follow Gear'd Up Podcast too from http://realworldmuscle.co/. Gear'd Up is the most entertaining at times, them guys are just funny but yet they get some dirt out of IFBB Pros, it is extremely informative at times also. Great podcast. So there are a few of my favorites.

oh yeah..I sort of forgot about elitefts..I go scope them out from time to time as well

I dont listen to online radio so much or podcasts...so I have very little info here

Marks Daily is legit, I used to follow Gym Jones before they charged, and a few other. What do you have in mind for content Sheri?

IML Gear Cream!
geared towards fitness in general for the most part..I dont think I want to touch on aas per se (part of me really wants to)
now, I have some conflict about this.
this would be marketing and my target market is middle aged men and women that are basically just out of shape and dont necessarily want to get jacked
however I would be more than happy to have the more advanced weekend warrior there as well...

I would like to plug IML and IMR into it as well...which I feel targets a different market entirely

I'm nowhere near fruition at this point though so I have lots of time to think about this..

Sounds like an interesting endeavor. I wish you luck. I have virtually no contact woever with blogs. If I need info on a compound or excersize etc..I'll straight out ask people who are knowledgeable on sites I frequent LOL. Motivation is just in me or not...occasionally I'll watch a Fletcher video cause it amuses me..but I in no way believe the clown is Natty

Back