• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Ventrogluteal or dorsogluteal?

jdude330

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Which do you guys prefer? I am currently pinning quads and i have terrible PIP and have hit a couple veins already, so i'm gonna try ventrogluteal or dorsogluteal. Just wondering which of the two you guys prefer and if you have any tips. I do know if you take your ass cheek and divde horizontally and divide again vertically into 4 sections, take the upper outer and divide again and its the upper outer of the upper outer. Wanting to try, However the ventrogluteal I am kind of stumped on. I have researched how to find it on the internet, but you have to be able to find landmarks like iliac crest and greater trochanter, which i cannot do. It's the size of a golfball and seems rather hard to find. What do you guys think

I do both there is a thread on here about 10 pages long on vg glute I'm not sure how to link it but look back a couple of pages it's pretty good.

Both. You can pin 12 ml of oil on am EOD schedule with no pip with just these two spots (L&R). VG is easier because you can reach it with two hands though.

VG is a great spot, One of the best things about this injection site is that it offers you the freedom to inject when ever you want, with almost any amount of compounds per injection..

449152360_1280x720.jpg

VGIM.jpg

Locating the VG site.

The ventrogluteal site is located halfway between the hip and the head of the femur. One method to locate the correct site is:

1. First, place the heel of your hand (use your L hand if injecting into the patients R VG and vice-versa) over the patients greater trochanter, and feel for the anterior superior iliac spine with your index finger.
  2. The middle finger then slides across to make a peace-sign pointing up to the iliac crest.
  3. The injection site is in the middle of this peace-sign.
  4. Wipe site with alco-wipe in a circular motion and allow to dry.
  5. Use your peace sign to spread skin taut.
  6. Insert needle at 90 degree angle. Take care as you are inserting needle in proximity to your fingers.
  7. There is no evidence for the need to aspirate the plunger when using the VG site.
  8. Inject medication slowly (around 10 seconds per ml), remove needle quickly, and gently apply pressure to site for 10 seconds.

Both, but ventro is my fav.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if I did it it bit towards the ass cheek lol is there a difference ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both are great, lots of info on Ventro so I'll help with Dorso. An easy way for me is to put the tips of my finger on my hip bone and wrap my hand and thumb around and use my thumb to mark a spot. Your thumb is not going to be able to wrap around or down enough to hit any of the other quadrants you just can't go to high.

chapter8_1.jpg

VG is a great spot, One of the best things about this injection site is that it offers you the freedom to inject when ever you want, with almost any amount of compounds per injection..

449152360_1280x720.jpg

VGIM.jpg

Locating the VG site.

The ventrogluteal site is located halfway between the hip and the head of the femur. One method to locate the correct site is:

1. First, place the heel of your hand (use your L hand if injecting into the patients R VG and vice-versa) over the patients greater trochanter, and feel for the anterior superior iliac spine with your index finger.
  2. The middle finger then slides across to make a peace-sign pointing up to the iliac crest.
  3. The injection site is in the middle of this peace-sign.
  4. Wipe site with alco-wipe in a circular motion and allow to dry.
  5. Use your peace sign to spread skin taut.
  6. Insert needle at 90 degree angle. Take care as you are inserting needle in proximity to your fingers.
  7. There is no evidence for the need to aspirate the plunger when using the VG site.
  8. Inject medication slowly (around 10 seconds per ml), remove needle quickly, and gently apply pressure to site for 10 seconds.
Thank you for the pics! very helpful, however i do not know how to find my greater trochanter and illiac crest :(

IML Gear Cream!
Thank you for the pics! very helpful, however i do not know how to find my greater trochanter and illiac crest :(

Iliac crest is your hip bone, right on the sides of your hips, separating obliques from hip abductors. It slopes inward very steeply which is why you can go an inch below it, pin, and get nothing but muscle (those abductors).

The trochanter is at the very top of your femur as you can feel it along the side of the leg, about 3" to 4" below the iliac crest. And just slightly forward of the dimples in the side of your ass cheeks if you ain't fat. :) The trochanter is where the femur takes a sudden angle turn into the hip to create the ball part of the ball-and-socket joint. While feeling for it, move your leg around to help envision what's going on.

Hope that helps!

Ventro.
Med and nursing students are even going away from dorso and switching to ventro.

Back