• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Getting in shape with a stepper/stairmaster

Theirsen

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey everyone, quick question to get some feedback. I have done the cardio thing before on the stationary bike. It is a good workout (drenched in sweat etc.) but I never really feel challenged. I have recently started using the Stairmaster in my gym, and it produces a much better workout, perhaps because it is new, perhaps because I am not used to it .

Does anyone know why a Stairmaster-like machine produces such a different workout? I am literally exhausted after about ten minutes and have to keep pushing myself. I am considering getting one for the home, especially because I hate being on there for ten minutes and feeling exhausted, I’d rather do that in the comfort of my own home.

A stair mill is harder because your body has to do all of the work. With a bike or eliptical, you body gets smart and figures out a way to cheat the exercise. Most of the time you are just throwing your weight back and forth to push the pedals down. With a tread mill or stair mill you can't cheat, you have to force yourself to keep up. After a while your body has to decide how to make this easier, either by dropping weight or getting stronger. For these dropping weight is the best route so you will lose much faster than eliptical or bike. Hope this helps.

Back