• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Botched Delt Injection "leaks" down the arm? Pic included

Dshb

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I believe my last few delt injections were a tad to low in the muscle and this caused something I've never experienced before; about 2" to 3" below the injection site bruised really bad and knotted up as though it was the spot I pinned. Picture shows the pin site (top) and where it knotted underneath. I'm curious if anyone has experienced this before and if there's an explanation for what exactly is happens in my arm to cause this.

Delt injections aren't new to me or anything and this is the first time it happened. I moved my last delt injection about 3/4" higher and everything was all good. Weird.

DZuYdO5.png

My 2 cents... That bottom circle is on your delt... But it's always a work in progress

Eat. Lift. Sleep. Repeat.

I think the rule of thumb is two-three fingers down from the bottom of your shoulder. Yeah you went to low and missed it.

That's supposed to say "not your delt".. Always try to get the middle or back delt

Eat. Lift. Sleep. Repeat.

It's happened to me before too, no biggie in my book. I think it leeched out of the muscle since it's low and the needle didn't go deep enough. Your body will still absorb that sweet nectar so it's not like it's a wasted shot. Just move it up a few inches next time and keep pinning!

Yup, it happens. Probably had 5-6 injects do that over the years. May have been too low or too shallow or both. The knot should reduce in a week or so.

Yeah, like these guys have been saying, you'll be alright. I've had this happen before. Feels like the oil traveled down the arm. Strange, but temporary and not a big deal. Try to pin higher from now on. Couple fingers below the shoulder bone works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok cool. I wasn't too worried but more curious if it's happened to you guys before. And to clarify, I didn't shoot into the bottom circle like someone suggested lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same as everybody has said. Little oil leaked out of the muscle and down your arm a bit under skin.

Took about with weeks for a shot to fully absorb when it happened to me. Travelled all the way down to the top of my forearm before eventually being absorbed.

I concur way too low. Pin right in the center of my delt and go deep I use 1.5 23g and never had an issue. Go 3 fingers below the cap.of your shoulder and life is good I have tats on both and it makes it easy I hit the same spot on both tats give or take a cm or 2 for healing sake but my Delts hit smooth most the time unless I get angry gear 1 vial so far and hope I never feel it again.

had the same problem too, looked like an odd shape just under the fat and skin not in the muscle. it will go away

I concur way too low. Pin right in the center of my delt and go deep I use 1.5 23g and never had an issue. Go 3 fingers below the cap.of your shoulder and life is good I have tats on both and it makes it easy I hit the same spot on both tats give or take a cm or 2 for healing sake but my Delts hit smooth most the time unless I get angry gear 1 vial so far and hope I never feel it again.
not exact same spot right, hitting scar tissue is painful

Back