• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

SPLITS: the 4 day vs. the 6 day. Which is better? If either?

Rms2188

Savage
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok so I been trying to do something different with my workouts and wanna hear some feedback on mass/bulking workouts. Most people on ju- ju suggest splits but vary between a four and a six...
i am now on a four split looking vaguely like this:
day 1- chest, triceps, deltoid (push muscles) (4-5 exercises at 3 sets 6-8 reps)
Day 2- back, biceps, traps, forearms (pull muscles) (4-5 exercises at 3 sets 6-8 reps)
day 3- legs (3 sets 6-8 reps) (burn out all exercises)
**keep in mind I don't do the exact lifts/exercises the second push/pull days... All exercises differ
day 4- repeat day 1 except burn outs on all exercises
day 5- repeat day 2 except burn out on all exercises
day 6 & 7 - rest
**abs/cardio rotate days
OR
work a different muscle group each day extremely hard (complete failure) and rest one day a week completely...

i am am wondering what people think about working groups once a week vs. working them twice per week when using gear. I know over working is bad for mass building, but no matter how hard I go, between the gear I use and supplements/protein/bcaas/etc I never get sore or if I do it is just barely. So I feel like that tearing down and rebuilding twice a week will be more productive than once a week... Any advice/suggestions/opinions even are welcomed... I always want to learn more.
PS I'm on 450 tren e & 300 test e weekly (14 weeks) with a 5 week dbol kickstart @ 50mg ED.

I've found I get better results from no routine at all. I'll wake up and decide what I'm doing at the gym that day, I just make sure I hit everything at least once a week. Most muscle groups get it a twice except for legs

I grow better working once a week or every 5 days. I switch my routine every 6 weeks or so. I didn't see a leg day in your routine. Any reason for that?

It is there lol... Just skipped. I'm thinking something like:
1- chest/tri/quad
2- back/bi/forearm
3- shoulders/traps/calves/hams
4- active rest
& repeat... Shred them shits every time... Still three days between
P.s. I can't focus as much energy on legs due to a spinal injury when I was younger... Broke back in accident...

I got your message Zeus. Thanks bro. I made a hybrid of your suggestion and my previous idea to keep three days between my groups. In my opinion a body on juice/supplements should never need more than three days between groups... I could be wrong, but I recover very quickly and always try to maximize ripping/rebuilding in the short time it takes to do cycle.

Zeus suggested a separate day (#4) for legs only and rest the fifth before repeating... I would agree but I can't do too much with legs (no squats or dead lifts etc) so doing a few more exercises per day isn't what most people think when they assume I'm doing a full quad workout with chest/Tri... More like full chest/Tri and just keeping legs tone/defined, since I can't get heavy & build much mass on them.

What are y'all's thoughts on abs/cardio... Everyday or alternate? I jog a mile every day to let blood flow assist recovery and on off day I run 5... I been doing light abs daily but killing them on the " off day. I could use some thoughts on the ab/cardio game... Just trying to lose excess fat, assist recovery, and tone stomached up... Not after that "competition look"... This is a bulk cycle. I appreciate everyone's feedback.

I'm currently following strong lists 5x5, MWF
M: Squat, Bench, BB Rows
W: Squat, Overhead P, Deadlift
F: Squat, Bench, BB Rows.
Also on these days I do calves(since I have smaller than average calves and am 6'1), another muscle group also of my choice, ie abs, forearms, you get the picture, and two to three warmup sets prior to each exercise.

The objective is go heavy as hell while still completing the 5x5, using 90 seconds intervals between sets, or 3 minutes if you had trouble with a set, or 5 minutes if you failed to complete your set.

It recommends for pussies to rest the other days.

I recommend on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, adding your own complex of exercises focusing on certain groups. This is what I'm doing anyways. Only been on it 3 weeks now, but noticing the squat gains for sure. Each session completed all 25 reps flawlessly requires weight moving up the next day it's performed.

Just a suggestion.

Also jogging and is for the birds, man up and do some sprints bro. :)
Sprint 20 yards walk back
Sprint 30 yards walk back
40 yards
At least once a week, more if you can hang. I DONOT perform these currently with doing squats 3 days a week.

I refer this to anyone trying to cut extra fat off, and not lose gains.

Cardio, strength, acceleration

I've found I get better results from no routine at all. I'll wake up and decide what I'm doing at the gym that day, I just make sure I hit everything at least once a week. Most muscle groups get it a twice except for legs
This is exactly what I do. I have done all the routines and splits and have learned to listen to your body. how I feel determines on if I rest and what groups I will be doing

IML Gear Cream!
I think both approaches are fine. When one gets stale switch. And like others have stated listen to your body, adjust according to what it is telling you.

So as long as I'm not sore I can train whatever I want? Is that what I'm basically getting out of this? I still feel 2 days rest between groups is needed but not necessary

Over training is a myth in my opinion, as long as you have adequate rest, and fuel to supply to your body to repair it when you aren't in the gym. Just because you are sore doesn't mean you should avoid that muscle completely.

The body needs to rebuild after you tear it down. Food, vitamins, sleep do this. But whose to say you have to be 100% before destroying it again....? Wait for Sunday to be a rest day if need be to start fresh Monday.

You have to be the judge of your own body and how it reacts to what you do. But if your not destroying muscles in the gym your failing from the beginning.

I heard that skin.... Is it weird that I never really get sore. The day after I have a little bit of " pain " that doesn't hurt at all.... I mean barely sore, but day 2 I feel totally refreshed and ready to rip em apart again. Is this normal? I get like 20g of essential BCAAs mixed into my day. Most of that is within an hour before or after my workout. I also take a lot of vitamins/supplements and get like 400+ grams of protein and 3500+ calories. . . I just feel like not getting sore means something is either not right or extremely right

I've been growing and toning like a bad ass motherfucker on a 6 day split... I am genetically gifted although and my age plays a great role on my recovery times.
Mon - chest Tris calf's
Tues - back bid
Wedns - aesthetic leg workout cardio
Thurs - shoulders chest
Fri- arms calf's
Sun - leg mass heavy weights

In 2 weeks my legs have gained an inch and are getting vascular. I've gone from 216 to 219. Week 5 in my all test cycle.

Being an old fart and between work and family life I have to make do with a four day split. Which works out great using Wendler's. No pun intended.

I'm doing a three day total workout and then rest day.
1- chest/Tri/quad/abs
2- back/bi/4arm/calves
3- delt/trap/abs/ham&glutes
4- repeat or rest depending on body (pin day)

i have all the time I want in the gym and it seems like a lot on some days, but keep in mind my leg exercises are limited. My theory: if my upper body is big enough they won't look at my legs. Lol

Depending on what my body tells me I might move all legs to day 4 and then either rest/repeat on 5... It just depends on if my diet will keep me from getting sore when I work that many muscles/day

Between finishing the tail end of my college career and working as many hours a week as I can and taking on odd jobs on top of it I usually never set a split or plan in stone. I'm always doing it different somehow and between that and always going to the gym at different times it's difficult to have a committed training partner

Back