• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Ladies, need some input please

Octupi

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My wife was told by her Gyno that she has T levels lower than she should. I'm working on getting a copy of her last lab work for accurate numbers.
The Gyno put her on T pills but they gave her terrible headaches and she quit taking them. She's not interested in the benefits of using Test injections. I'm at a loss at the protocols for women so any help/guidance from you all would be appreciated.

She does lift 3-4 days a week. She wants to drop some extra fat and lean up, not body build. She's been lifting pretty consistently for 2 years now and can't seem to drop much more weight...she does need to increase her cardio as its pretty non-existent now that school is back in (she's a school teacher). Once I get her number I'll share them.

5'0" tall
130 lb
45 yrs old

guys are welcome to help out as well...didn't mean to exclude ya. :p

I can't edit my post...

It should have read that SHE DOES WANT TEST INJECTIONS....sorry about that.

Headaches when messing with hormones is not uncommon. They can and usually do go away as the body adjusts though. How long was she on the pills? How many mg's? Why does she want to inject as opposed to going through her dr?

The term "lean up" or "tone up" is often misunderstood. In order to have a lean, shapely body, think a fitness model type build (which the average woman usually strives for) a woman needs 2 things... Enough overall muscle and low enough body fat for that muscle to show through. I understand she doesn't want to "body build", but in order to get The look she's going for she needs to have built up some sort of base. Most women don't or won't take the time to eat for growth while lifting heavy. I think the term "bodybuilding" scared women, thinking that they're going to turn into some sort of She-Hulk if they go hard and heavy in the gym. Tell her unless she has amazing genetics combined with lots of AAS, that will not happen.

Anywho, I'm not the best with reading bloods results (I believe Sheri has lots of knowledge on this) but we will need more info on her results.

yeah..I'd really want to see her bloods with reference ranges (because they vary throughout a cycle)

I'd be curious to see what her estrogen is relative to her test and progesterone

low test is not something I've ever bumped into but it happens a ton...is she afraid of injects? because this is the fastest "bandaid" for it
topical test is also an option..then their are longer paths but I'd need to see all the numbers to point you in the right direction

with a vit D test and thyroid panel if possible

I can't edit my post...

It should have read that SHE DOES WANT TEST INJECTIONS....sorry about that.
10 mg Prop 2-3 times per week.

Sheriv - would DHEA help her produce more testosterone? It's a precursor in women, right?

Good call on the Vit D levels.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the ovaries and adrenals are responsible for test production in women, right? If so, look at diet, and caffeine intake. Get a magnesium test. Does she get migraines, have trouble sleeping?

I'd be looking for causes before jumping on the drugs bandwagon. That's just me.

I missed the edit post about going on test...heavys got the right dose for a womens trt dose (of course he does)

but yes, ovaries and adrenals for women..magnesium can be a big player, dhea can be a big help for sure, pregnenolone can help but can go awry.. vit d is pretty critical and often overlooked

but the values relative to each other are really important for weight, mood, sleep etc in women...well men too ...but its get a little weirder with women because of presumable monthly hormone shifts

IM is the only reliable method of testosterone administration transdermal is inconsistent at best.
EDIT: NEVERMIND LOL

Thanks.
Might take me a bit to get the blood work results, her Dr. is a pain.

She took the pills for a month and had horrible headaches and gave up on them.

I understand the whole bodybuilding vs lean aspect and we eat right and I have her on a strength workout currently, lifting 4 days/week.

I guess I should/could have mentioned she had a hysterectomy but they left the ovaries in. She does take Vit-D everyday as our wellness doctor has her on them.

Back